Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

Post Brickworld check-in

Had a great time at Brickworld. Seemed a bit smaller in scope and number of standout layouts, but still was an excellent convention. As usual, between taking care of my son and tending the BILd booth I didn't get nearly enough time to hang out with the EB folk, but I hope to do better next year. I did enjoy the opportunities I got to share pizza and talk with some of you, get my yearly lunch with Hinkley, wander through the "world of lights" night semi-impaired wearing PeppermintM's welders goggles. "Goggles off" "Goggles on"! Also, does ricecracker grow a half a foot between every Brickworld?

A couple of highlights:

-The EB table. Really quite impressive. Pandora and Rufus' waterfall was particularly mesmerizing and of course all the models on the layout were great. Giant Sea monster (squidman "legs" at their best), Monkey islands, unrully village and all.

-Virtualug: Alice in Wonderland. Really beautiful, surreal stuff.

-Russian chapel: I forget who made this one, but it was breathtaking.

-The sci-fi mining operation on the NILTC table. Unparalelled use of winding 9v track to create action on all levels of a tall space layout.

Thanks to all involved!

Had a great time at Brickworld. Seemed a bit smaller in scope and number of standout layouts, but still was an excellent convention. As usual, between taking care of my son and tending the BILd booth I didn't get nearly enough time to hang out with the EB folk, but I hope to do better next year. I did enjoy the opportunities I got to share pizza and talk with some of you, get my yearly lunch with Hinkley, wander through the "world of lights" night semi-impaired wearing PeppermintM's welders goggles. "Goggles off" "Goggles on"! Also, does ricecracker grow a half a foot between every Brickworld?

A couple of highlights:

-The EB table. Really quite impressive. Pandora and Rufus' waterfall was particularly mesmerizing and of course all the models on the layout were great. Giant Sea monster (squidman "legs" at their best), Monkey islands, unrully village and all.

-Virtualug: Alice in Wonderland. Really beautiful, surreal stuff.

-Russian chapel: I forget who made this one, but it was breathtaking.

-The sci-fi mining operation on the NILTC table. Unparalelled use of winding 9v track to create action on all levels of a tall space layout.

Thanks to all involved!

The Russian Chapel was by Heath Flor of VirtuaLUG. He's a beast. I'ma let ya finish, but the Smolney Cathedral was one of his best builds of all time...all time!!!

- Davey -

Finally back at home, tired as hell, trip home took pretty exactly 14 hours and 33 minutes from leaving stash's to walking in the door here, and then a 7 hour time difference on top of that, yay for jetlag. :wacko: Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this my best Brickworld ever, won't dare start mentioning names as I'm afraid I'll forget someone, you're all awesome. :wub:

It certainly was a great convention. Thanks to everyone for all of the great builds and good times. I am already looking forward to next year!

This was my first brickworld and first lego convention ever and man it was a great time. My girlfriend came with me too and she had an amazing time also. For you lurkers out there if you have never been to a lego convention you should plan to go it is such a great time. I am already planning my displays for next year and looking forward to it and seeing everyone again. I didnt hang out with the eurobricks crew to much but still had a great time, special thanks to polish guy for letting me hold your bass! Here is a link to my flickr pictures from brickworld. As of today I am still uploading pictures but going through 1600 pictures and another 50 videos takes a while ;)

It certainly was a great convention. Thanks to everyone for all of the great builds and good times. I am already looking forward to next year!

Are you thinking of putting some lights on that castle now? :devil:

Once again had a super time. Got a little bored at opening ceremonies - but I really don't have an idea to make them more exciting (a set reveal would be cool). I may have been tired after driving for 8 hours...

Incredible creations by everyone! Cant say that i have a favorite...they were all that good. Are the power points from the classes available? Would love to see a few that I missed..

So excited at the prospects of moving to a larger facility. I'm already working on expanding my u-boat drydock as with a larger area I won't feel bad about taking up more space..

Are you thinking of putting some lights on that castle now? :devil:

OK, OK, I give in to the peer pressure. :wink: Since I only have one more module to add to my layout, I will spend the next year on the lighting and perhaps some sound...

Hey everyone,

Finally getting back to posting a few pictures from brickworld. Polish guy posting his new flying V reminded me to do it.

This is me and Polish Guy's Bass

7384286656_77882556d7_c.jpg

Untitled by fluffybunny88, on Flickr

My girlfriend and her mosiac(first ever mosaic and imo first true MOC)

7384282352_71a090fabd_c.jpg

Untitled by fluffybunny88, on Flickr

The lego derby race, my car is on the far right and I won my division!

7390860656_daffd0b85a_c.jpg

Lego Derby by fluffybunny88, on Flickr

Here is a link to all of my pictures from brickworld:

Both my girlfriend and I had a great time and we are looking forward to next years brickworld!