Derfel Cadarn

The Old Lifeboat Station

indexed.gif B-OV-34E

Hey guys, i finally found a bit of time to build something, so I figured I would attempt the Lifeboat Station for my collection. Im quite happy with how the colorscheme worked out, I opted for Maersk Blue as it stood out better then medium blue.

Situated in Looe, Cornwall, stands the old Lifeboat station which was built in 1866. Its second Lifeboat 'The Ryder' served for twenty-eight years, right up until the station was closed in 1930, and during this time she was launched twelve times and saved thirty-seven lives. Today, the fully restored Ryder is the only surviving Standard Self-Righting Lifeboat in the country and is moored in Polperro Harbour as part of the Heritage Museum display.

7387780868_a62b5140ed_c.jpg

7387776184_fbfb962e79_z.jpg

7387736588_aa06079fe0_z.jpg

7387689288_07a5ab0485_z.jpg

7387683914_b5f414ef3a_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing :classic:

DC...I honestly don't know what to say. It's beautiful. So good it almost doesn't look like Lego anymore. I love it.

Someday, if I ever have the money, I'd love to buy an MOC from you. Out of curiosity, if you were ever to sell something like this Lifeboat Station, how much would it cost?

Wow! That is really good looking! The colours match very well, I think the maersk blue was a good choice! Btw how did you make the red on the lifebuoy, or is the lifebuoy a brick itself?

Wonderful creation. The roof of the buildings are very nicely done. I like the colors you have chosen. Especially the blue for the doors is a nice touch.

Another amazing addition! I love the sidewalk, great pattern. Everything is great, but really...what could I say you haven't heard hundreds of times already about these? Your attention to detail and 'brick' work is beyond great.

I visited Looe last summer so I recognised this instantly!

Lovely work DC, the brickwork is fabulous and the colours are so calm.

~A.S.

Another structure of beauty from the master 'Cadarnosaurus Rex' {alias 'DC'} ! :grin:

I :wub: the stone work look of this, it has a feel that would be original built around the time of the Civil War between the church and government forces.

Keep these structures of beauty coming....Brick On 'Cadarnosaurus Rex' ! :grin:

Stunning work - of all the Lilliput Lane houses, this was the one I hoped would be your next creation. And you didn't disappoint! It looks lovely - like all the others - and the light blue (Maersk or medium blue) is a great choice for an accent colour.

And those windows, the door hinges, the roof, the greenery... so much to enjoy. Off to Flickr now for a closer look :)

Edited by L@go

Impressive work, as usually Derfel Cadarn! :thumbup: The lovely colour work is very soft to the eye, those splashes of Maersk Blue really stand out and I love the tan and dark tan. As always, the details are just perfect. The anchor, plants and the lovely ornaments are very cleverly done. What's not to like? Awesome job!

If I had to name the two best MOC builder of all LEGO history, I'd say Derfel Cadarn... twice! That's how awesome he is!

Stunning as always, the lattice stripes around the tower are great :thumbup: The pieces on the eaves look like keys with one end cut off, is that what they are?

Wow, this is stunning work.

It is so nice, at first thought it was LDD.

Fantastic. :thumbup:

An incredible beauty DC! You're really onto something with that color scheme. :wub:

The roof design, pavement, boat and brick work really are world-class designs; I'm sure many a Lego designer could learn loads from studying this beauty!

Well done, and I hope you do more of these city sets. :thumbup:

This is gorgeous. If you have mad skills it doesn't matter what theme you tackle!

There are too many wonderful details to list.

The Maersk blue was a great choice and that red line around the base sets it off perfectly.