CopMike

Brickworld Chicago - Best Group Layout!

Did anyone take a picture of the ghost ship? I feel that it has not received nearly enough love yet.

Here you go!

7409647142_a39a08f27b_b.jpg

Okay we suck at remembering award winners.

CopMike got the awesome sponsor award for all the things he donated to charity raffle/auction.

Way to go Mike!

Ah, thanks very much.:sweet:

And we thought McLovin was slow... :rofl:

Here you go!

WOW

That should have gotten nominated instead of me... Wowza

Brilliant job QM!

Gotta have your ship 'completed' before the judges walk around to do the niminations...

Good job on the ship Q!

Shame the sig-fig picture wasn't Bossked :cry_sad: He was attending other displays like the Statue of Liberty

480806_10151026233230568_605130533_n.jpg

You maniacs, you bossked it all up!

Oh man, I was loving the ghost ship even *before* I realized that it also glows in the dark. Fantastic! :laugh:

Congratulations!

Also thanks for the many pictures. The glow-in-the-dark-ghostship is pretty impressive! I think it would deserve it's own thread.

The glow-in-the-dark-ghostship is pretty impressive! I think it would deserve it's own thread.

Agreed. Quarryman needs to get more photos of his ship and post a thread for it!

Congratulations!

Also thanks for the many pictures. The glow-in-the-dark-ghostship is pretty impressive! I think it would deserve it's own thread.

It will get one, I just need to rebuild it after it was completely smashed on the way home and then take a bunch more pictures. Unfortunately it will be on display again this weekend at an anime/cosplay convention in Oslo so I can't take pictures until some time next week. Guess I could make a thread with the pictures available from BW for now though.

It will get one, I just need to rebuild it after it was completely smashed on the way home and then take a bunch more pictures. Unfortunately it will be on display again this weekend at an anime/cosplay convention in Oslo so I can't take pictures until some time next week. Guess I could make a thread with the pictures available from BW for now though.

When you do you should post it in the Pirate MOC's forum

Same for anyone else who had a creation there, please make a thread so your individual MOC can get the credit you deserve!!

Congrats to the pirate collaboration! There were a lot of very impressive builds and it was all tied together perfectly. A lot of work was put in at the convention until the early morning hours. It certainly paid off. As for the other awards: The Bandersnatch was utterly believable. The Inn at the End of the World was absolutely great. Simon all of your MOCs were fantastic and master Builder is an award well deserved.

As I read the thread I quickly realised it has been selling the Eurobricks community a little short. We have forgotten another award that Eurobricks can claim. More importantly you guys/gals have forgotten me. :wink: Next year I am going to play pizza nazi for your memory lapse. "No pizza for you!"

I was lucky enough to be voted the best individual layout. We can add this award to the best group layout, best small building, and best creature, and master builder. I am still trying to confirm membership, but I think even more members also won awards. I will update as I get information.

For your viewing pleasure.

7409131246_4972d88c44_z.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the entire layout. In fact I didn't take any at all and snapped this at home in a minor state of disrepair. I promise to put up photos once the layout is complete. That should be around Christmas time. If anyone has photos they want to share from Brickworld you can have at it.

That is a great photo of Jens' ship by Matt!

I am already looking forward to next year. It is amazing how much fun this convention is!

As I read the thread I quickly realised it has been selling the Eurobricks community a little short. We have forgotten another award that Eurobricks can claim. More importantly you guys/gals have forgotten me. :wink: Next year I am going to play pizza nazi for your memory lapse. "No pizza for you!"

Gah! I really should have kept notes on who won... Congrats Dale, even with the lack of Dark Blue :tongue: - it was an INCREDIBLE build. :wub:

We should really start a 'Trophy case' for all EB Trophies that were won... both at BW and other cons. Let's recognize our awesome builders!

NOOOOO you can't be pizza nazi... it's sooooooo good. You've effectively ruined pizza for me.

Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the entire layout. In fact I didn't take any at all and snapped this at home in a minor state of disrepair. I promise to put up photos once the layout is complete. That should be around Christmas time. If anyone has photos they want to share from Brickworld you can have at it.

Same... I spent all my time hanging out and building, I didn't have time to go around taking pictures... More important things to do.

We can add this award to the best group layout, best small building, and best creature, and master builder.

...And do not forget Minifig Speed Building Champ. Eurobricks Member domination! :devil:

7397751152_8ff42b61fd_z.jpg

Two years in a row! by ChrisR18t, on Flickr

I was going to mention you Chris. aka. (Polish Guy) However, I was looking for a confirmation on Roger being a Eurobricks member as well. I think he is. Which would add best MEGA build as well to the list.

Either way, Congrats Chris! Will we see a threepeat next year?

Edited by DaleDVM

Either way, Congrats Chris! Will we see a threepeat next year?

Not if I can help it!

Though all that playing with Modulex is a unfair competitive advantage!

Holy Crap that cat is hilarious! Chris nice job making that photo on the fly! Good catch Simon. It is an unfair advantage. How can anyone compete with modulex man

By the way I also wanted to thank CopMike for all of the donations he made for the charity auction. He is an incredible guy!

Congrats to all the members who won sooo many prices in the name of Eurobricks!:cry_happy:

Really well done and well deserved. :thumbup:

...And do not forget Minifig Speed Building Champ. Eurobricks Member domination!

Errr - what is that competition about? You don't put 6 parts together, do you? :look:

Would you please explain a member who always wants to go to Brickworld, but most certainly never will do, what this price is about? Thanks. :classic:

Errr - what is that competition about? You don't put 6 parts together, do you? :look:

Would you please explain a member who always wants to go to Brickworld, but most certainly never will do, what this price is about? Thanks. :classic:

Only 4 pieces (legs, torso, head, hat)...

You try to assemble as many minifigs as you can in a time limit, I think it was 2 minutes for the qualifying, and 4 minutes in the finals. The winner did something like 40-44 in that time.

Woohoo congratulations guys! :thumbup:

The display looks really awesome, lots of action and detail.

But where were the Blue coats....:pir-look:

I guess this is not the thread to start about what isn't historically accurate. :laugh: