Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

Modular Madness: Hats & Clocks

Great build. Not surprising though. Your work usually speaks for itself. Highly detailed inside and out.

This contest will definitely need my A game to compete.

As beautiful as I think your building is, my only complaint is the height. I realize going much shorter would not give the same appeal, but since it is that much taller than the Green Grocer which was already taller than the other modulars (save the Town Hall), it might stand out a bit more. But on the other hand, not all buildings are the same height in real life. I realize this.

I have had some similar ideas for my own entry, but different enough and in different colors. Your builds always have some nice areas of detail and good color usage. I especially like the gable work and the window details. The color scheme is really smart. I was trying to use a slightly less common color (that I don't have a lot of) while still maintaining the same basic feel of the Modular line. I wanted to use nougat originally, but I couldn't justify ordering a bunch of pieces, so I am going with something I have more of without breaking the bank on orders. Good thing I decided against nougat since I wouldn't be able to do it justice like you did. It stands out among the crowd.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks again, everyone!

As beautiful as I think your building is, my only complaint is the height. I realize going much shorter would not give the same appeal, but since it is that much taller than the Green Grocer which was already taller than the other modulars (save the Town Hall), it might stand out a bit more. But on the other hand, not all buildings are the same height in real life. I realize this.

You're right - while it's not taller than the FB's tower, its tall part is more massive, so it rises above the rest. But still not excessively, I think, and the slope on the right ends up nicely at the roof level of GG...

Nice. Especially the interior.

The way the middle part of the building stands out is rather enginious! -Very original!

Very nice, the facade is quite impressive, looks like an extraordinary building, great interior as well :thumbup:

I love the awesome exterior details and the level of detail that you used in the interior. This is going to be a hard one to beat! :classic: