DraikNova

Retro-Moc-Off

Hammerstein NWCs Blacktron data retreival drone: Wow, that thing is cute. :laugh: That looks like a very useful little robot. It's small and sneaky. And it transforms! :wub: Three modes and every one of them looks realistic and nice. And that in spite of its small size. Good job. :thumbup:

Xandors Spyrius Data Stealing drone. I wasn't the biggest spyrius fan around in the 80s, but your drone rocks. It's mode as a communications tower looks cool. At the same time it looks like a powerful fighter and it's a little Mecha that can carry a spyrius agent. Very cool! :thumbup:

First, JitterBug: interesting concept, so 8.7 for design, as it doesn't really have any tools and it can transform into a flying vehicle a 8.3 for swooshability, a 7.9 for parts use and an 8.4 for colorscheme, so an 8.5 overall. Second off, the Spyrius drone: epic work here, 9 for design, 8.8 for tools, 8.7 for parts use and 8.9 for colorscheme, so overall 8.9! Great work Xand0r! Looks epic both as a tower and as a drone, plus, it fits a minifigure! Probably my favorite entry so far! The first round is now over, so get started on building your round two vehicles! BTW, if you live in a different time zone, I'll accept any round 1 MOCS till the end of the day. You can start uploading your MOCs for round two (vehicles) by the 14th. Hope the creations for round 2 will be just as epic as the first!

Edited by DraikNova

I'm not unhappy with my mark but amconfused what constitutes a tool? My drone has sensor feelers and satellite panels What are the tools on the syprius drone (which is an excellent design) - not really sure I can see how you come to your conclusions fella thought I accept marking is a subjective field.

I love the Spyrius tower - the hidden Robot is a lovely touch. It's reminiscent of the lundar lander and "feels" right for the era :) It's very "spacey" if that makes sense :thumbup:

Handheld tools or grabbers. Those sensors are, well, sensors, and satellite panels are more communication, right?

Pretty much anything you can steal information with counts here. And I guess you're allowed to do that, just be warned, it either won't be counted or it could be a liability for your scoring.

I misunderstood this as an answer the sensors are surely data stealing tools? I asked what counted as a tool and you said the above? I thought listening devices would count as a data stealing tool? Also my question also stands of where are the tools on the spyrion drone? It doesn't have any grabbers or hand held tools either but scores 8.8.? I don' see the consistency there? Does the robot count? If so then it seems a bit harsh that someone else got marked down for putting their drone in a ship?

Updated my photo took it in daylight! :)

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

Sorry, it's just that well, it didn't seem like it actually had tools at first. Plus, since the tools seemed relatively simple, I probably would have given it a lower mark if I counted the tool category. Here's a reevaluation as it would be with the tools category: 8.7 for design, 8 for tools, a 7.9 for parts use and an 8.4 for colorscheme, so an 8.3 overall. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but at least you got an 8.5 in the end, right? And the Spyrius bot has grabbers, which I count as a tool.

Edited by DraikNova

I love all entries so far :laugh:

But i'm a bit confused about the Spyrius one, this could be because English isn't my native language but, shouldn't a 'Drone' be unmanned?

It seems to be more a manned infiltration mech then a 'Drone'.

DraikNova, For round two you'll need to have VERY CLEAR scoring requirements posted ahead of time - so people know what they're building. This is doubly important as you are the only judge - people work hard on these builds so they need to know that they're being fairly judged based on some actual criteria.

Sound good?

(Great builds everyone - keep up the fun work :thumbup::grin:)

Okay: Design, Swooshability (counts double), armament/hacking tools, parts use, interior (counts half) and colorscheme (counts 1.5x). Sound alright?

Okay: Design, Swooshability (counts double), armament/hacking tools, parts use, interior (counts half) and colorscheme (counts 1.5x). Sound alright?

Perhaps explain a bit more? like last time what constitutes as a armament? what is a hacking tool?

What are you looking for in design? etc

With armament I mean any weapon. Hacking tools I mean information stealing equipment (the more the better, which applies to armament too. This is one category after all). And for design I mean an interesting concept. The more unique, the better.

Round 2: Infiltration Vehicle.

Hostile Enviroment Infiltration Star Traveler or simply know as H.E.I.S.T. was a program to create a vehicle

that could penetrate deep behind enemy lines to gather intelligence.

After several failed attempts that were destroyed Blacktron engineers created the Infiltrator #1 (as the first to succeed at a single mission).

The I-1 Whiskers as it's more comenly known is armed not with a single weapon, but with a wide array ECM/ECCM capabilities

making it invisible to any enemy detection systems.

It also carries 2 SR-17 Drones and 4 RP-12 multipurpous probes.

It's 10 man (or woman) crew are amongst the best in data analys and retrieval.

Unarmed, it relies heavily on it's ECM/ECCM, but in a pinch it's massive thrust to weight ratio make it

a hard target to catch even for dedicated fighter craft.

HEIST1.png

The I-1 During a mission.

HEIST2.png

The I-1's numerous antenna's and dishes.

HEIST3.png

HEIST4.png

View of the I-1's massive engines and sensor domes.

HEIST6.png

Top view of the I-1 with it's long range scanning dishes.

HEIST5.png

Bottom view with the SR-17 visible and the planetary scanners.

HEIST7.png

Interior view of the massive computer banks and analasys equipment.

RP-12.png

The RP-12 Multipurpous probe, capable of penetrating deep into enemy territory, planetary atmospheres or as decoys to throw of persuing ships.

Edited by BasOne

I guess Blacktron wins :laugh:

I might be able to contribute a Spyrius model, but I don't have many of the appropriate colors. We'll see!

Well, I guess you took what I said as far over-the-top as a Kentrosaurus takes spikes. Okay, with that weird moment passed, here's your rating: for design 9, for swooshability 8.7, for hacking tools 10 (obviously, your vehicle seems like a communication center stuck onto a jet-engine), for parts use 9, for interior 8.3 and for colorscheme 9. That brings you to a total of 9. Great work BasOne!

PS: Algernon, if you want, you can make a model in LDD in stead of real, like BasOne did.

PPS: Is anyone going to make a Neo-Blacktron colorscheme vehicle?

PPPS: Can you show a close-up of the SR-17 please BasOne?

Edited by DraikNova

Close up as you requested :tongue:

close1.png

close2.png

It's the drone from round 1 :wink:

The reason i use LDD is that about 80% of my Lego's are in storage as i have no room to built decently.

I really need to get a bigger apartment :laugh:

Edited by BasOne

That's plain genius. Good work on using your round one drone in your giant vehicle. For some reason it looks cooler accompanied by / accompanying a larger craft. I think that could warrant another point in design, actually, so you would have a total of 9.3. And too say the least, I think this vehicle wouldn't ever need armament, because all those spikes would scare any enemy ship of right away.

That's plain genius. Good work on using your round one drone in your giant vehicle. For some reason it looks cooler accompanied by / accompanying a larger craft. I think that could warrant another point in design, actually, so you would have a total of 9.3. And too say the least, I think this vehicle wouldn't ever need armament, because all those spikes would scare any enemy ship of right away.

:laugh:

I built this as an 'AWACS' kind of thing, and didn't arm it for one single reason, weapons signatures and fire would be detected.

With it's wide array of ECM/ECCM equipment it is able to virtually 'destroy' any enemy craft aprouching the I-1.

Think Cylon Raiders vs. Viper Mk VII in the first episode of the new Battlestar Gallactica.

Well, I guess you've submitted the best model yet, so I really think you deserved that 9.3! You got ten out of ten in two categories!

Well, I guess you've submitted the best model yet, so I really think you deserved that 9.3! You got ten out of ten in two categories!

I've submitted the only model yet :tongue:

And thank you, took a while to build it and get it right.. sort of.. still not entirely happy with it but ohwell, i guess a builder is never 100% happy :laugh:

Good job, BasOne! :thumbup:

I like your Blacktron Ship very much. It's a nice design and your idea fits blacktron very well.

I'm not sure if I can participate at round 2. I've still no good idea for a infiltration vehicle. My neo blacktron MOCs are all much more offensive and I'm very busy with a few other projects. Maybe I will not participate at round 2 but round 3. It's just for fun, anyway.

No, I meant the best model this Moc-Off has seen. Except maybe the Spyrius robot. And the vehicle doesn't have to be an actual "infiltration vehicle" that was just the title. Anything that looks awesome and has either a hacking tool or a gun will work.

No, I meant the best model this Moc-Off has seen. Except maybe the Spyrius robot. And the vehicle doesn't have to be an actual "infiltration vehicle" that was just the title. Anything that looks awesome and has either a hacking tool or a gun will work.

I like these Moc-Off's :laugh:

Gives me some inspiration, wich at the moment i'm lacking, the muse has left me, find me another Muse... Preferably between the age of 25-30, blond and a nice body :wink:

And you could do a lot of these, M-tron, Futuron, Spacepolice (And vilains) classic space (or Neo-all) it's only a shame there is such a small 'community' to do these kind of things...

I guess next one will be Rock Raiders vs Insectoids. "Why?" you may ask. Well, in the original art for Rock Raiders one could see these Insectoid aliens along with the Rock Raiders. Anyway, excited about the next few entries. If they are anywhere near the awesomeness of your MOC BasOne, this is going to be one awesome contest.

I guess next one will be Rock Raiders vs Insectoids. "Why?" you may ask. Well, in the original art for Rock Raiders one could see these Insectoid aliens along with the Rock Raiders. Anyway, excited about the next few entries. If they are anywhere near the awesomeness of your MOC BasOne, this is going to be one awesome contest.

I actually do not own any insectoid or rock raiders sets.. they came out during my dark ages :tongue:

I actually do not own any insectoid or rock raiders sets.. they came out during my dark ages :tongue:

Same here.

Plus, their colour schemes are difficult to make if you don't have the parts.

I'd love to see M-Tron, Ice Plane, or Exploriens.

I finished my round 2 MOC tonight and will take pics tomorrow. It's a Blacktron MOC.

If I want to make a Spyrius MOC in addition to my Blacktron MOC for round 2, is that permitted? It's all for fun anyway, right?