LOL. was JUST looking at that on brickshelf. yes, if I do decide to get custom tires, I'll probably get those or the rock crusher x/t. may I ask...what are the two cheapest tire choices on the list dluders made?

Cute kittens BTWdefault_wubnew.gif

Edited by z3_2drive

@ z3_2drive: There are several 1.9" RC tires on sale at the bottom of this RC4WD "Hot Deals" webpage. Any 1.9" (48mm Inside Diameter) tire in the 37mm-48mm widths will fit the Lego 44772 wheels. There are some tires on that webpage that are good bargains. :classic:

LOL. was JUST looking at that on brickshelf. yes, if I do decide to get custom tires, I'll probably get those or the rock crusher x/t.

I've just tested today them (Ansmann Crawler & the Pro-Line FLAT IRON) pictures soon..

My advice: Ansmann (or Rock Crusher X/T) is more suitable for any terrain, then the FLAT IRON, as it was designed for rock (if I'm right), it is extremly soft(!).

BTW Rock Crusher X/T is very nice, it has almost the same pattern, size and shape like Ansmann Crawler tire, so it would be the best for your crawler.

Edited by Kisvakond

Here is the Lego Technic 9398-B alternate model (the "4x4 Offroad Truck"), with Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires on the standard Lego 44772 wheels. The axles are raised by the larger-diameter tires (for greater ground clearance), and the wheel wells are filled better than the stock Lego 54120 tires:

7664465502_2cc5da0e59_c.jpg7664469772_d69df06f25_c.jpg7664466086_65bec9a395_c.jpg

Does anyone know if the are some 3rd party tires that will fit the power-puller wheels, I've got the rims but with the racing tires so I'm looking for some off-road tires that will fit those rims. Next friday I will go to the local RC/model shop to ask if they will have some but the man overthere has to look in their supply and maybe they have some tires that will fit but he wasn't sure.

@ vliet: I believe that the RC4WD Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires would fit onto the Lego Power Puller 22969 "Wheels 62mm D. x 46mm Technic Racing Large". Their specifications (Outer Diameter: 5.28" (134mm), Width: 1.92" (48.75mm), Inner Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)) should work without the need for CA Adhesive (Superglue).

Comp%20scale.jpg

Edited by DLuders

@ vliet: I believe that the RC4WD Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires would fit onto the Lego Power Puller 22969 "Wheels 62mm D. x 46mm Technic Racing Large". Their specifications (Outer Diameter: 5.28" (134mm), Width: 1.92" (48.75mm), Inner Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)) should work without the need for CA Adhesive (Superglue).

Comp%20scale.jpg

the size an tread of those look like they could make a really nice massive dump truck with them >.>

I first want to try them on my 9398 which hopefully arrives very soon this week. Maybe in the future i will use them on a big truck like a dumptruck or trialtruck.

About those tyres, dluders you are talking about 2.2" tyres but I already have 1.9" tyres from Ansmann and they fit perfectly on the 44772 rims and the power-puller wheels 22969 have the same diameter on the outer edge only these have a extra "collar" close to the edge, so because of the same outer diameter I think that the 1.9" tyres will fit better round the 22969 wheels, or am I missing something here.

@ vliet: I tried 3 different 1.9" offroad scale tires on the Power Pullers 22969 wheel, but the rubber could not stretch past the inner rims to be able to mount both sides of the tire equally. So, the next regular size up in commercial RC tires is 2.2".

OK thanks, that explains it, you called it inner rim and called it "collar" but it is a bit bigger than the outer edge. But do the 2.2" tyres fit nicely round the rims so the tire doesn't slip. Next friday i'm to going to the RC/model shop and the man overthere is going to have a look what tire will fit.

So, speaking of tires, does anybody know where I could find some "Sci-Fi" style tires? You know what I mean, the kind you'd find on a moon buggy or some such vehicle?

Guess one shouldn't get too far, with these wheels. :tongue:

:laugh: Hey, Conchas!

It seems, somebody just got much further than you with those PP-wheels last time on that sandy beach.. :tongue::wink:

See (previously posted) Third Party Tires In Action!

Edited by Kisvakond

:laugh: Hey, Conchas!

It seems, somebody just got much further than you with those PP-wheels last time on that sandy beach.. :tongue::wink:

LOL

Indeed! :thumbup:

7710766498_f49e7235cb_c.jpg

I got a set of Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires to test their fit on Lego 22969 "Wheels 62mm D. x 46mm Technic Racing Large (also known as "Power Puller" wheels). In the picture above, four Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires Mounted on Lego 22969 Power Puller Wheels, Featured on Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler Set. Stacked up on the left are pairs of: Lego 32298 Power Puller Tires; shiny Lego 22969 Power Puller wheels (suitable for RC-type 2.2"-I.D. tires having a width of ~2" (51mm)); and Lego 44772 wheels (suitable for RC-type 1.9"-I.D. tires having widths of 37mm to 48mm). My Flickr photoset

7710765782_4017af3ecf_c.jpg

Below, you can see (left to right) the Plumped" Lego Power Puller Tire (mounted on the outermost flange of the Lego 22969 Power Pullers wheel, the "Plumped" RC4WD Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tire (also mounted on outermost wheel flange), the best Hollowpoint Tire mounting position (behind the INNERMOST flange of the Lego Power Puller wheel), and the natural Lego Power Puller Tire mounting position:

7710768698_72b2c03b38_c.jpg7710767736_dc70a73fff_c.jpg

There is a problem with using large-diameter, third-party RC tires on the Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler set -- the front tires (seen below) rub against the fenders when the shock absorbers are pressed down. The smaller-diameter Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires (mounted on the rearmost Lego 44772 wheels below) don't have that problem:

7710768384_5fd64cce41_c.jpg

RC4WD's Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires on Lego 44772 wheels (Left) look good compared to the (oversized) Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires mounted on Lego 22969 Power Puller wheels (Right):

7710768044_1bd114fd07_c.jpg

You can see below that the Lego Power Puller wheels+tires still look a bit small to fill the wheel wells of the Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler set, so there has got to be a "happy medium" compromise size between the two:

7710767484_c197f56f69_c.jpg

RECOMMENDATION: Although third-party, RC-type tires DO FIT on the Lego 22969 Power Puller wheels, the protruding outer flange of the wheel looks a bit odd. Since those wheels are rare and expensive, I recommend using common Lego 44772 wheels for Lego Technic vehicles with fenders. If you have an articulated Lego Rock Crawler (without fenders), then you can select among many of these sizes of tires in the chart below. I'm sure there are other RC tire manufacturers in other countries that would have tires in the ~2" (51mm) width range.

7710857962_43ee654855_c.jpg

wow now we can call em Bigfoot. does the 2.2" tires fit on the rims of the 8880 supercar?

Yes I'd like to know the best compound because I'm only going to buy one set of 4 tires and want the best, DLuders, those Rock Creepers you mentioned...do they have a good sticky compound compared to the other tires you've bought?

wow now we can call em Bigfoot. does the 2.2" tires fit on the rims of the 8880 supercar?

2998.gif

Yes, the RC4WD Hollowpoint Scale Comp 2.2 Tires DO fit the 8880 Lego Super Car's 2998 tires (shown above). I just fitted them onto my 8880-B Model. However, the Hollowpoint tires are a bit too wide for good looks, and still only fit well on the INNERMOST wheel flange. The minimal outer flange is really similar to the 22969 Lego Power Puller wheel's outer flange -- there's not much for the tire to hold onto. Recommend shopping for 2.2" (56mm Inside Diameter) RC-type tires that are thinner in width for the 2998 "Wheel 81.6 x 34 Six Spoke" (a ~34mm-wide tire would be ideal). My chart above only applied to the Lego Power Puller wheel compatibility of RC4WD-brand tires.

Yes I'd like to know the best compound because I'm only going to buy one set of 4 tires and want the best, DLuders, those Rock Creepers you mentioned...do they have a good sticky compound compared to the other tires you've bought?

Yes, the RC4WD Rock Creepers 1.9 Scale Tires FEELS LIKE the same soft, sticky "Advanced X3 Compound" as the Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires :classic: , although the webpage doesn't say so. They are really very good quality, and have nearly the same diameter as the Lego Technic 32298 tires and the Lego Unimog's 92912 tires.

Edited by DLuders

Yep, it's decided, I'm getting those rock creepers in a couple weeks to a month, the reason for same scale is so I don't have to make wide axles or on a truck-tall wheel arches- while still keeping weight down, high grip and nice looks. Thanksdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gif Hopefully I'll get them to put on my crawler chassis before school starts...

Hi, i have purchased and fitted some third party tires to put on my 8110 mog. The tires i have fitted are the Rok Lox tires with the foam inserts, They look awesome and i was really happy. But after a few days, i noticed the back two tires where not standing up to the weight on the back of the mog, giving a sagging flat tire appearance to the vehicle. Has anyone else had this happen? I must thank all you guys for this forum, as it has pretty much turned my technic addiction into an all consuming life style. Cheers and keep up the crazy great work, Pete.

@ Squizz: I too have some of those Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Scale tires, and know what you are saying. The soft tire compound (and the foam inserts) are part of their enhanced "grabbing" ability -- the tires deform to the ground and provide excellent grip (compared to the stock Lego balloon tires). If the flat-tire appearance bothers you, you could always prop up the body with some Lego "System" bricks until you're ready to play with your 4x4 Crawler. :laugh: