alex54

Advent Calendar 2006 daily news

What is the new one called?

Looks like auto repair. Could be construction, but most of the construction worker figs wear orange suits.

Or, he just could be a guy in overalls with an assortment of tools.

If I celebrated this holiday, this advent calender would be a neat thing to recieve. And wouldn't it look good in a Star Wars, Space, or castle theme?

I love the little workbench, it's one of the best sets yet! The vise is really nice looking (although a bit to big, but hey, that's Lego for ya) and the buzz saw which is always used as a hand-held weapon looks much more accurate as a saw table. My first buzz saw BTW. That minifig is OK, but he's a complete clone of the one in 7901 Airplane Machanic.

If I celebrated this holiday, this advent calender would be a neat thing to recieve.

I don't celebrate this holiday but it's still a neat thing to receive. :-D

For the 22nd day, we have:

7904_d22.jpg

The new subtheme is the firefighter.

Contrary to ImperialScouts, and like oo7, I like the garage little sets. And I don't know why the fact that the worker is a clone of the one in 7901 Airplane Machanic is a matter. All the figs from this calandar are clone, exept for the maintenance man.

See you tomorrow...

I tried my luck at ordering this set after seeing all these great images. I received the usual Email that it has been shipped. I may get one after all. *y*

I'm only cranky cause I don't have one :-D !! I'm not hating it, but compared to the other ones, it's not the best.

For the 3rd day, we have:

7904_d23.jpg

And here all the firefighter minisets:

7904_subtheme08.jpg

It's like the police subtheme, it's not so nice...

See you tomorrow for the mast surpise...

It's a nice theme. Can't wait for the ultimate surprise!! Thanks again, ALOT, for these great pics Alex!!!!

For the last day, we have:

7904_d24_1.jpg

A such big bag for a such small case! Why doesn't TLC put such pieces for the other subtheme? We can hope some minisets with more pieces for the next year...

And here, the Christmas set:

7904_d24_2.jpg

See you the day after tomorrow for the conclusion about this calandar...

And Merry Christmas Eurrobrickers!

Thanks a lot for the great pictures Alex. With this calendar and the new City line revealed, I'm looking forward to a great 2007! Merry Christmas to you all!

Yup, thanks for the nice daily work, Alex. :-)

As a funny note, i just realised this morning there's a small pic on the back of each door that shows what the mini-set should look like. :-$

Every day i had to guess the design (being quite close to it actually, on most occasions), then came to EB and thought "wow, this Alex guy sure knows the brick: he seems to be right on spot on every set !".

:-D :-P

Thank you Alex for being here everyday to give us these nice pictures! I love the blue flames and there great splashing effect capibilities, I have two right now, perfect for Mr. Sideous.

But that's a big fire on that Octan barrel, you would think it would have exploded already. 8-| X-D

Do you have an image of the previous? I didn't get into these Advent calendars.

I think Scouts was reffering to past daily surprises in this years advent calendar. But while you mention it I think I perfer last year's calendar since there was more minifig parts (heads and torsos) I didn't have. Although I did find this year's surprizingly good because I recently realized I need as many minifigs possible to make a town.

Thanks for taking the time and the patience to photo each piece and share with us Alex. Your photo review made me want to buy this set. Mine is on order and has been shipped. I'll open next year, unless for some reason I get the urge earlier. Thanks again. Merry Christmas everyone.

The new one looks GREAT!!!! Thanks a whole bunch again for all these wonderful pictures!!

Here, they are all the extra parts of this calandar:

7904_extraparts.jpg

My conclusion:

This 2006 advent calandar is better than the 2005 one. In fact, we have more different subthemes, with bigger minisets.

The subthemes that are *n* (not too much) the "too classic" ones (from the -- to -): firefighter, police and worker

The others are *y* (from the + to ++): hospital, airport, garage, train, city maintenace

And what for the Christmas subtheme? Nice, but I'm not a huge fan of it (but I like the parts like the small Christmas tree and the brown case.

For 2007, we can expect a bette advent calandar when you look at the new city sets. And just hope to have bigger constructions, now that we know that a big bag can enter in a box.

I will finish to say thanks to all the EB who have read this topic. It was funny to divide each day the daily surprise with you... And just hope to see you last year...

Thanks again for sharing the images with us Alex. My set just arrived this evening and that's OK that it didn't arrive before Christmas. I may just decide to open it next year.

You've got a lot of courage!

I had to wait more than a month and it was difficult, but a year, that would drive me *wacko* ! :-D

I had to wait more than a month and it was difficult, but a year, that would drive me *wacko* ! :-D

Indeed good luck with that Brickster. My favorite set was the streetcleaner and his little cart. I also liked he garage cart and the santaclause chimney.

Happy holidays everybody may joy come to you all!

Indeed good luck with that Brickster.

I've got a number of sets still in unopened boxes. I'm not sure why I'm saving. Sometimes if I really like a set or think it's special for some reason, I will just store it. It's not to sell later either. I just can't bring myself to opening certain sets.