alex54

Advent Calendar 2006 daily news

Hello!

Here I will show you what we find each day in the 2006 advent calandar.

The calandar front

7904_01.jpg

The calandar inside

7904_02.jpg

And here the fisrt suprise in the first case, a worker with a black shovel

7904_d01.jpg

No surpise, because it is the example shown in the back of the calandar (contrary to the last year).

But another surprise, a really small piece of paper, a sort of instruction book, showing the different mini sets we will have.

7904_03.jpg

7904_04.jpg

Just hope that we will not have it with the first mini set of each theme, because we will know what we will have. So the surprise is broken. We will know in 3 days

Great idea, Alex! I've thought about something like that, too, but I'll leave this thread to you now ;-)

Just hope that we will not have it with the first mini set of each theme, because we will know what we will have. So the surprise is broken. We will know in 3 days

Nah, I think they won't have it spread over consecutive days. That would spoil it as you said. But I like these "combined" mini sets :-)

In a long-standing tradition going back.... 1 year ;), I am doing a Bricks and the City daily Christmas strip using what is in the calender each day. Link in my sig...

My advent Calender is screwed up. It said I should have got a construction worker Minifig for December 1st... but instead I got a bucnh of random small pieces (looks like to construct a barrel and a fire estinguisher or something).

I am livid.

I love the display when you open up the calender. The giant winter city scene. This compares to the 1980s and 1990s for the lego set displays. It is quite inspiring and looks quite amazing. None of the images you posted are working, but if someone hasn't posted the image when you open the Advent Calender, could someone post it? I'd love to have it on the comp.

Nah, I think they won't have it spread over consecutive days. That would spoil it as you said. But I like these "combined" mini sets :-)

It's true, the surprises for the next two days are ruined on the first.

My advent Calender is screwed up. It said I should have got a construction worker Minifig for December 1st... but instead I got a bucnh of random small pieces (looks like to construct a barrel and a fire estinguisher or something).

You opened the one in the top right corner, didn't you. Each door has small yellow numbers but as far as I can tell they are numbered completely randomly.

None of the images you posted are working

Brickshelf was down a bit ago but it's back now.

Great idea Alex. Very original idea. It's fun to see each surprise, esp. if you don't own the calendar. I regret not ordering one when available at LSAH.

Holy Cow! They're sold out already?!? I guess it makes sence as it was the "#1 hottest item" on S@H for 3 weeks and they problaby purposely didn't make many at one time tomake sure there is no left over ones next year.

You opened the one in the top right corner, didn't you. Each door has small yellow numbers but as far as I can tell they are numbered completely randomly.

Brickshelf was down a bit ago but it's back now.

Am I supposed to open the top left corner? My window numbered 1 was 2nd on the left on the top row... maybe when my mom bought it, she opened it and put the tray in the wrong place... so its all messed up. I will try this tomorrow.

I just noticed, that is very boring :-(

I like the construction sets/pieces. great additions to your city!

The construction subtheme is great and easy to add on with minisets like this :-)

Am I supposed to open the top left corner? My window numbered 1 was 2nd on the left on the top row... maybe when my mom bought it, she opened it and put the tray in the wrong place... so its all messed up. I will try this tomorrow.

The numbers on the windows mark the day/date. "1" for December 1st, "2" for December 2nd, and so forth. They're numbered randomly, like a classic advent calendar. Problem is, yesterday they showed two additional sets for the construction worker. They labeled them "2" and "3". Unfortunately that's not just "addition 2" and "addition 3", it's the days, too. So yesterday you already knew what was in it today and what will be in it tomorrow :'-(

I just noticed, that is very boring :-(

Problem is, yesterday they showed two additional sets for the construction worker. They labeled them "2" and "3". Unfortunately that's not just "addition 2" and "addition 3", it's the days, too. So yesterday you already knew what was in it today and what will be in it tomorrow :'-(

Yes, indeed. The next time i

The themed construction mini-set is cool. I hadn't fell for the 3-days instructions trap: when i caught a glimpse of day 2 i promptly folded the sheet :) but now i saw the pic here... X-O Mark them with *SPOILER AHEAD* or something :-)

I'll ask my wife to check on the next instructions. X-D

So they're sold out... makes sense ebay has them going up to 30

So should this be:

(to the tune of 'On the First Day of Christmas...)

On the first day of Advent my calender gave me... a construction worker.

On the second day of Advent my calender gave me... a set of cones and a construction worker.

X-D

For the 2nd day, we have:

7904_d02.jpg

Yes, those construction minisets are really easy to integrate in a city.

And if we have a new paper in the window number 4, I will not post a pic until we will open all the window of the same subtheme.

See you tomorow...

The numbers on the windows mark the day/date. "1" for December 1st, "2" for December 2nd, and so forth. They're numbered randomly, like a classic advent calendar. Problem is, yesterday they showed two additional sets for the construction worker. They labeled them "2" and "3". Unfortunately that's not just "addition 2" and "addition 3", it's the days, too. So yesterday you already knew what was in it today and what will be in it tomorrow :'-(

Yes. I know how an Advent Calender works, the problem was I had the wrong SET in #1: It had some random barrels and what looked like a fire entinguisher with blue "flames". BUT, after opening the box and putting the tray in, everything has worked out.

I love these Advent Calenders.

Just to let you know there are no more instruction leaflets after the first.

There might be with tomorrows new fig.

"On the third day of Advent my calender gave me... a cone and a machine, a set of cones and a construction worker."

For the 3rd day, we have:

7904_d03.jpg

You can see the extra pieces on the left, nice!

And here, the 3 mini construction sets:

7904_subtheme01.jpg

See you tomorow...

Alex... what kind of camera (how many Megapixels?) are you using and what settings are you using? My pictures always turn out dark with crappy lighting. I just would like to know your art of taking pictures... because you are good at it.

There might be with tomorrows new fig.

Sorry, should have been more specific - I have opened them all, and there are no more instructions after the first.

For the 4th day, we have:

7904_d04.jpg

Now it's the airport subtheme. And like Ultraprime said, no mini instruction :-)

And thanks Sting! I used a HP R717, 6,2 Mpixels (It works very well and it's beautifull).

See you tomorow...

Those are cool pics Alex. I love the effect you've put round the edges, very christmassy! What lighting are you using to take them? Is it just daylight?

Can't wait for the next one! X-D

For the 5th day, we have:

7904_d05.jpg

Thanks PaulC! For the light, I use the flash of my camera and... I will not give my secret...

See you tomorow...