Bonaparte

Article: LEGO and Animals

Even though this has been ended, here are a couple more:

A giant salamander, both the modern type and three variations of the extinct kind. We also need Carbonian giant insects, Devonian giant fish, Deinosuchus crocs, Amphicoelias (60-meter sauropod), a redesigned Spinosaurus, mosasaurs (including Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus), ichtyosaurs (both the dolphin-sized type and the 20-meter whale-sized type), nothosaurs, extinct giant sea turtles, plesiosaurs, Megalodon, Deinocheirus, Paralophosaurs, etc. This is the sort of creatures we have never seen before from LEGO so for me these are a must.

Hi,

Welcome to EB!

Please be aware of topic bumping. You are replying to a 5 year old post. This is frowned upon. Please read the site guidelines and enjoy your time on EB!

It is kind of timely to resurrect this thread since we're getting two species of big cats this year. I figured that's what brought it back to life.

Steve

On 3/15/2017 at 1:31 AM, Athos said:

It is kind of timely to resurrect this thread since we're getting two species of big cats this year. I figured that's what brought it back to life.

Steve

hmmm.. arguably two variants of one species, but a mould that could be either a jaguar or a leopard depending on what you prefer. So, yeah.

There's also a new tarantula in Jungle, new city dolphin in Fun At The Beach, and french bulldog and rabbit in next CMF series. Quite a lot of lego animal developments ;)

I forgot about the dolphin... we really didn't need a new version of that. I just wish they'd make Lions and Giraffes and Deer and Sheep and Boar and... and... and...

Steve

21 hours ago, Athos said:

I forgot about the dolphin... we really didn't need a new version of that. I just wish they'd make Lions and Giraffes and Deer and Sheep and Boar and... and... and...

Steve

The dolphin in Fun at the Beach isn't a new mold, it's a reprint of the LEGO Friends dolphin with City-style eyes. I've been saying since this dolphin came out that it'd be great for LEGO to do that, since this mold is vastly superior to the long-retired Paradisa dolphin. And necessary or not, it's a small expense compared to animals that would need entirely new molds.

46 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The dolphin in Fun at the Beach isn't a new mold, it's a reprint of the LEGO Friends dolphin with City-style eyes. I've been saying since this dolphin came out that it'd be great for LEGO to do that, since this mold is vastly superior to the long-retired Paradisa dolphin. And necessary or not, it's a small expense compared to animals that would need entirely new molds.

I believe you are wrong sir!
From what I can see on pictures it is a new mould, can not be completely sure since the pictures of the city dolphin is not the best..

1. the city one do not have a hole in the head, the friends one do.

2 the city one have two stripes on each side of the body, the friends one have a smooth surface.

3 the city one have a moulded "eyebrow", the friends one do not.

I for one are happy they do not erase the line between minifig and minidoll animal moulds this time either :grin::thumbup:

It is a shame the new city big cats do not have gaps for minifig legs. This severly limits their uses. All animals should have this gap.

I'm kinda reviving this post once again. Anyway, these are the animals I would like to be made for LEGOs. :)

I know that's a lot, but I'm New to this site. :)

Edited by DinoLover4242