Bonaparte

Article: LEGO and Animals

There's a minor error in the introductory article, as chickens and goats were actually released at the same time in the second Kingdoms wave. :wink:

My top 5 wish list for new animal molds (not in any particular order) is something like

* sheep

* deer

* wolf

* boar ox/bull

* falcon

"Exotic" animals like giraffe, lion and rhinoceros would be nice too, but I wouldn't personally have much use for them in my mocs and scenarios, so they don't get to the top five. Even penguins are omitted for that reason, as adorable as they are. Any new birds would be cool though, like a stork, a swan, an eagle, a domestic duck or a raven... But those I suppose are mighty unlikely, unfortunately.

Edited by Haltiamieli

As someone who has relatives that own a sheep station, I would say that a sheep would be my #1 wish.

Followed by a Giraffe, Rabbit (true minifig scale rather than the Friends scale of the Friends rabbit. Bonus points if it can somehow be made to fit into/with the Top Hat piece for a magic act :), Lobster/Crayfish (designed so it can be used as animal or as food) and kangaroo

Looking at every list, there are definitely a few front runners. To add a side-note, I remember seeing a dolphin in the Paradisa theme in the mid-90s. Also, Friends has a lot of little critters with chances of many more. Lego might have started releasing Friends for that very purpose instead of giving the Lego counterpart the small critters. Naturally, the Friends versions are TOO cartoony, but TLG probably doesn't care since only girls want animals, not boys :hmpf_bad:

Anywho, my list:

1. Deer/elk (just like almost everyone else)

2. Other bears (recoloring the current mold is fine)

3. Lion

4. Fox

5. some bird (eagle perhaps) in flight.

Most of my animals could be used for Medieval themes, but a proper Zoo subtheme would be most welcome. Unfortunately, with all these other great themes being released, it would be very difficult for me to purchase the zoo theme as well!

I don't know why any of you want a turtle.. there's an easy way to make them involving the army-man helmet as a shell ;)

1) Hawk/Falcon

2) Cheetah

3) Panther (Not the Black Panther, but rather a big-cat mold. It'd work for Black Panthers, Leopards, Female Lions, Jaguars, Cougars, etc.)

4) Lizard

5) New Elephant (Oliphant!)

I'm all with you, Bonaparte, wanting a lot more birds (pigeons, blackbirds, eagles, falcons,...)! :wub_drool:

Being a townie, my TOP 5 are:

1) sheep - overdue!!

2) pigeon

3) hamster

4) fox

5) boar

... and for the polar bear and penguin: I'm pretty sure we'll see both of them in the new polar sets next year. :wink:

I'll give my 5.

1 tiger

2 panda (even an ultra cute friends one will do)

3 crow (for my evil mocs)

4 elephant

5 fox

Something else I'd like to see is a frog size turtle. Or maybe just a turtle shell piece.

Edited by lisqr

I think a whole animal family (any kind) is an absurd expectation. But a zoo theme (maybe a modular zoo in 5-6 set 1 animal/set + some brick and/or a fig), or just a big set would be very welcomed (and i think profitable). At least with the existing animals (camel, elephant, crocodile, ostrich, monkey, bear, etc.), but some new wolud be greater. And the existing animals in more set, or in PAB.

I would like

some flying big bird in a genereal mold and diferent paint (eagle and/or falcon)

sheep

deer

big cat (lion, tiger, puma)

wolf (biger than the dogs)

wild boar

Edited by Llew

Here are my top 5 animals:

1. Panda

2. Turtle

3. Crane

4. Penguin*

5. Duck*

* I realize that LEGO made brick-built versions of these animals before, but neither had the ability to fully attach to a baseplate (especially the duck).

-Toa Of Justice

For me these designs are little too realistic, I preffer more cartoony look.

But I would love to see/get:

Small:

Lizard

Squirrel

NEW monkey

Turtle

Big:

Gorilla

Boar

legoboar2.png

And I really hope that we get "Animal Rescue" theme soon...

And more cows/chickens/goats in sets!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Otter! with a stud on the underside and moving forelegs for swimming and breaking (the existing mold) clams.

Bowmouth Guitarfish! requires only a new ray-like head for the shark body.

Dodo! to accompany the zany explorers from themes like Adventurers and Monster Fighters.

Lobster! for seabed variety and swanky restaurants.

and yeah for the last one I'll bite on the suggested

Falcon! because that's awesome. though I'm not nuts about the stationary nature of the lego birds, so it would need to be cleverly articulated.

and does anyone else want to see the CM teddy bear painted like menacing miniscule black bear? (for heroica perhaps?)

The animals I would wanna see is:

1. Boar. And a bigger than the pig, one that would fit fantasy/castle, goblins could ride them

2. Sheep

3. Lion

4. Rhino

5. New elephant or more of the old

And one thing that Lego could make is, what I been hopeing for since the late eighties. A full sized Lego Zoo for the small Lego.

I've always truly loved what LEGO does with animals. With how strong their recent work has been (new dinos, chickens, pigs, goats), I'd definitely love to see more!

As for five I'd like to see:

- Rhino

- New Elephant

- Lion (perhaps with a removable soft plastic mane for gender variety)

- Sheep

- Gorilla (larger than a fig in scale)

Bonus round: a Warg from the LOTR/Hobbit license. Given the large role they're likely to play in the Hobbit films, it's my personal hope there's a strong possibility one might find its way into a set or sets.

EDIT: And just to add my voice to the chorus, a LEGO zoo theme would be something I'd definitely LOVE to see!

Edited by the enigma that is badger

1. Balrog

2. Fellbeast

3. Oliphaunt

4. Warg

5. Watcher

:grin:

1. Wolf

2. Sheep

3. Larger, possibly coiled up snake

4. Boar

5. Panda

My list of wanted animals:

1. Sheep (I am from NZ and we have millions of them so I would love to build a sheep farm)

2. Deer / Reindeer (I want them to pull Santa's sleigh)

3. Penguins (NZ is close to Antarctica)

4. Giraffes (DUPLO had a zoo theme so why not CITY)

5. Cheetahs (They are my favourite animal :wub: , My coffee mug has a Cheetah face on it)

LEGO could do a CITY zoo theme. Have modular animal enclosures on a 16 x 32 plate that could be joined together.

i think if lego were to remold animals, they should do it right from the grounds up. this means having exchangable bodies and exchangable heads. after all, lego is all about building and not so much one-piecey.

imagine if you can swap out the horse's head and make a centaur with a minifigure's head, for e.g. or mix a lion's head with bear's body, give it a pair of wings and a serpent's tail and you get a chimera. or mix an oversized eagle's head with a horse's body and a pair of wings and you get a gryphon.

there won't be so much asking of let's make so-and-so...and instead the action will be left to the fans.

the way to make this work is to make the body parts swappable.

as for specific animals - i'm mostly for larger mountable mammals mainly to be used in fantasy medieval settings. as such, i would like the:

1. bear (swappable version and with proper slot for a rider - not the current one)

2. lion

3. giant wolf (or dire wolf)

4. wild boar (giant version)

5. tiger (or giant cats - recolor for cheetah, puma, jaguar).

6. giant eagle

7. elephant

8. rhino

9. dragon (rehash of the smaller dragon from the fright knights, not the 06/07 versions).

another plus, is the versatility of having animal body parts to be used as deco pieces. e.g. the head pieces can be built as trophies to be mounted on walls. stick the head piece on a round shield or a 2x2 plate and use it as a wall trophy. :grin:

Interesting idea and increasing the variety of the LEGO animals is long overdue:

1. Tiger (big mold, with possibility to attach a mane to get male lions)

2. big Wolf

3. Seals (more sealife in general!)

4. Turtles or other large reptilians

5. Kangaroos

My top 5:

1/ Sheep

2/ Lion/Tiger/Cheetah (I want them all :laugh:)

3/ Deer/Reindeer

4/ Large Eagle or Falcon (will also work well as ornament in a building or figurehead)

5/ Giraffe

There's a minor error in the introductory article, as chickens and goats were actually released at the same time in the second Kingdoms wave. :wink:

Thanks for pointing that out, I've corrected it in the article.

Since I deal most in Colonial-style stuff, I'd love to see:

1.) Deer

2.) Wolf

3.) Turkey (an alive version)

4.) Otters

5.) More variety in the dog molds

Deer (doe and stag)

Wild Boar

Sheep (white, black and brown - though Brickforge's ones are fab !)

Wolf

Donkey

also

Falcon (distinct from grey "parrot" shape) / bird with open wings (taking off / alighting)

am flabberghasted TLG haven't pursued an "African wild game" series - lions, elephants, giraffe, zebra, antelopes, rhinos, hippos, vultures etc, and although not African, where have tigers been ?!)

also, I think TLG have missed a trick with fantasy / legend animals - unicorn, pegasus, centaursv(again, well done Brickforge), etc ... (though they have offered minotaurs in the CMFS 6)

I agree that recent cows, goats, chickens and bears have been real results - well done TLG

I agree with all of the above that more animals are long overdue.

1. American Eagle

2. Grizly bear

3. Prairie dog

4, Buffalo

5. Bison

That should round out the western theme with some new animals.

Ride em Cowboys :tongue: