Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Sure, but everyone also have answer for their words. An opinion is worthless if there is no solid reasoning behind it. :wink:

I'm not trying to raise an argument, I just voiced an opposing opinion.

Well I agree with Sandy. It is much better than I was expecting from this set. Interior; good but it is similar to MVP (which doesn't mean its bad) but extrerior; Man that is perfectly detailed building! I never expected TLG to touch so many brilliant details!

For myself i am highly interested into the modular buildings, especially the GG, that is actually out of my price range because of the lot uncommon colors.

I'm not sure what the Modulars cost in pounds, but 1500 DKK is more expensive than most of the Modulars. It's what the Town Hall costs.

Looking at the pictures again I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that in some photos, the ghosts have regular white legs while in others they have brickbuilt "legs". I wonder what the final product will include. Real legs would be preferable, in my book.

And of course there's the mystery of the photo with three ghosts even though there are only two in the set. Some speculate it's the extra ghost from that Grandfather Clock polybag that's supposed to come out (which looks like a perfect fit for this set).

Searching "haunted" on brickshelf, this is the first picture you see:

haunted.jpg

which is very similr to 10228:

gallery_2221_205_69948.jpg

Should I say "OOOPS"? Or maybe who built that MOC is now a TLC set designer? :laugh:

Also, in the upper floor there is a wardrobe with a 1x3x4 reddish brown door, that looks unpaired:

gallery_2221_205_31568.jpg

Those doors are so useful for us train builders, I hope we'll soon see its counterpart.

And BTW, wouldn't it be nice if we had such a set every year, for Halloween?

Every Halloween a new haunted house... creepy, eh? :wink:

I'm not sure what the Modulars cost in pounds, but 1500 DKK is more expensive than most of the Modulars. It's what the Town Hall costs.

Hi

with a pricetag of 150€ it is exactly the same with modulars like the FB. The town hall is 180 €.

Compared with the GG (500€ +++) which is discontinued, it is pretty cheap ;)

Dino

For those that are really into this theme: Are the figs are unique to this set? If yes, someone like me that just needs a parts pack can sell the figs to make it cheaper!

The zombie chef and butler are exclusive. The Vampyre Bride isn't exclusive but the only other set with her is the big expensive castle, so she's still likely to be pretty valuable in the secondary market.

This is a very nice set. Detailed exterior, well-furnished interior... I can see why so many people like it. However, I wish the interior felt a little more "haunted". If not for the spooky minifigures and sticker sheet, the interior would largely feel just like a generic abandoned house. More play features, like maybe a trapdoor, a painting with light-up eyes, green or blue flames on top of the stove, or other uncanny functions could definitely help it feel like the home's inhabitants have spooky decorating sensibilities, in the spirit of classic spooky sitcom families such as the Munsters or the Addams Family.

Granted, I'm sure lots of people love the set's decorative use of pieces and scarcity of dedicated "play features". It does have some spooky decor, like the heart and bone in bell jars, along with many of the exterior details. But in general a lot of the rooms feel fairly normal compared to the eerie inhabitants.

This set is totally AWESOME, but I would of rather it to be in a modular style instead of opening up in half. Of course that can be fixed with a moc. How many of you rather it in thins style as oppose to a modular style where the floor levels can be lifted off. The only gripe about it is that if I place it in my city its going to difficult to play inside if it opens up like that.

Another thing, those customizable stickers mentioned, I wonder if they are like those static cling stickers because that would be great (most people put static cling pictures on their windows for halloween).

Edited by kermit

Well, this set looks fantastic. And i'm just a technic fan.

Which leeds to my question:

Since i own the Unimog (which has around 2000 pieces) how does this set get that count?

Can someone explain?

And as mentioned before, this really looks like the top of the bill for the weird monster hunters theme (weird in my eyes that is)

It feels so because it doesnt have any weird launching madness or playability - which I don't mind.

I would almost buy it...

Ps. is the video private for everyone, or am i in the wrong place (europe)

This set looks amazing. Already trying to make the cast from the TV show Fact or Faked in minifig form to setup a night investigation scene once this set hits the shelves. Does anyone have another link to the original video by any chance?

Well that's funny, it resembles my property from LEGO Universe that won the Spooky Building challenge last October. Anyway, I'm loving it, probably one of the best building sets I've seen in a while.

Wow! That set looks awesome :wub_drool:

I love the amount of detail!

Sadly with it being $180, I'll probably have to pass...

Well that's funny, it resembles my property from LEGO Universe that won the Spooky Building challenge last October. Anyway, I'm loving it, probably one of the best building sets I've seen in a while.

No it doesn't. It looks more like the picture Gianluca Morelli shared, but it is still awesome! And as for the video, unfortunately, there is no way around the private filter. :sceptic:

BTW, Ricecracker, it seems that you have access to that video, so may I ask, what channel uploaded that video?

Edited by prateek

No it doesn't. It looks more like the picture Gianluca Morelli shared, but it is still awesome! And as for the video, unfortunately, there is no way around the private filter. :sceptic:

It does have some similarities, but it's not the same in most ways. I never said it was completely the same, so please don't twist my words. And yes, it does look more like the picture he posted.

Well, this set looks fantastic. And i'm just a technic fan.

Which leeds to my question:

Since i own the Unimog (which has around 2000 pieces) how does this set get that count?

Can someone explain?

(...)

I was thinkin the exact same thing :sceptic:

I think this set is overpriced. For example compared with Diagon Alley 10217.

10217 has only 39 pieces less, has twice the ammount of minifigs (5 being exclusive), it was a licensed set and still was $30 US cheaper. :thumbdown:

I think this set is overpriced. For example compared with Diagon Alley 10217.

10217 has only 39 pieces less, has twice the ammount of minifigs (5 being exclusive), it was a licensed set and still was $30 US cheaper. :thumbdown:

That's strange, because I compared this to Diagon Alley too and thought it was better value! Diagon Alley is £132 here in the UK and this set is £120, so it works out £12 cheaper! Not much, but if you do piece per piece, it's good.

That's strange, because I compared this to Diagon Alley too and thought it was better value! Diagon Alley is £132 here in the UK and this set is £120, so it works out £12 cheaper! Not much, but if you do piece per piece, it's good.

I used S@H lego price for 10217 and the one from the press conference in 10228. Both in US dollars. :thumbup: