This is beautiful! I've been trying to get excited about the Monster Fighters theme, but found it a bit gimmicky with the cyborg Van Helsing and stones to collect. But this. This! I'm so excited.

I can't wait to modify it for Christmas scenes.

I didn't even get to see the video, but this is without a doubt or risk of hyperbole, the greatest LEGO set ever made.

I would be inclined to agree with you. This is such a fantastic set, both inside and out.

Wow! That strikes out Vampyre Castle! Definite Buy for me! Great Job Lego! :laugh:

P.S. I've never seen so many members viewing a topic at one go! :wink:

Omega X

Mood: Very excited

However, I have a few questions:

• Is this set exclusive?
  • How much(In US dollars) does this great set cost?
  • Has Lego ever created another set more awesome than this?!!

Omega X

Holy wallet-drainer, Batman! This is an excellent set, definitly their best in quite a while. I love the new Frankenstein's monster and the zombie chef. If only if was in my budget... *cries on inside*

However, I have a few questions:

• Is this set exclusive?
  • How much(In US dollars) does this great set cost?
  • Has Lego ever created another set more awesome than this?!!

Omega X

Yes.

$180

Could be.

I've got a few ideas about this work of LEGO art. I still like the castle but after the purchase of the haunted house the castle purchase will most likely be second hand online without figures or vehicles. Also, I think it would be very cool to somehow build the haunted house with a basement for the laboratory. Definitely no need for the Ghost Train since we get three ghosts with the house. Damn I hate LEGO cause they find ways of making me part with so much money!!!!

Well that's an absolute must-buy, if ever there was one. Every time I look at it I see even more little details that just look amazing. It may already be THE set of 2012.

Absolutley fantastic set, I think it's the best set they've ever made (despite not being for a theme Im that into)

One of my favorite details is the deer skull over the bed.

When I look at this set, I get the feeling TLG is trying to keep people on CUUSOO with the minifigs. The chef's torso is a perfect purist option if you want to make Shaun of the Dead :devil: (You know, the Winchester project which they decided not to make) and the sheer amount of zombie heads and torso's in this suggest they don't want to deprive annoyed fans of getting the minifigs, by pretending bloodstains are spilt soup. :wink:

Another awesome thing about this set is that it's neither flesh-coloured nor yellow-skinned, as all the minifigs will be able to look fine (If you ignore their undead grossnes) next to any other minifig. :sweet:

Simply fantastic. But what are those droid arms above the bed, between the golden torches?

Before I saw this set I was thinking about getting the Zombie set and the Vampire Castle but I may have to drop the castle now I've seen this (I prefer the ghosts to the manbats and the zombie chef is gold).

Also it is mercifully free of any of those ridculous cybernetic monster fighters despite being labelled a Monster Fighter set. The extra zombie heads are also useful.

Now where on earth am I going to put it!

Edited by TeufelHund

Simply fantastic. But what are those droid arms above the bed, between the golden torches?

Those arms are intended to be a deer skeleton, I believe.

That's a neat set, really!

The Minifigs are fantastic, the overall structure and decoration wonderful, the use of parts is simply stunning...

...BUT!

That beauty is a little out of my price range, sadly... *tears*

Be well,

Cutty

Edited by Cutty

Yes, I thought exactly the same - this is a very clever move by Lego.

They've made a set that crosses boundaries. If you're an AFOL and interested in the modular houses, it's highly likely that you'll be interested in this model. Sure, it's no modular house, but it's quirky and would complement any existing collection...I've already seen a few comments online about buying a few to make a neighbourhood on the dark side of the tracks to complement the modular buildings! Alternatively, you could always buy a model and either renovate it into a modular, or convert it back into its former glory (so pre-Monster inhabitation!) or both.

If you buy it and love it, you're going to be more open to buying the other sets (and we all know how AFOLs can be completists), which you might not have considered before.

As for children, they've got a great 'Monster dolls house'. It's a great target price for a BIG present and something for children to clamour for at Christmas/birthdays if they get the smaller sets on the line. I also suspect that if children (particularly older ones, 10+) build the house and enjoy it, they'll look for other similar builds...and the modular line fits in wonderfully, opening up a whole new set of customers there too.

Clever. And the set is marvellous; can't wait to get one.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I don't care for the monster fighter theme at all,nut I'm a fan of modulars. As soon as I saw this I was thinking how to integrate it with my modulars. Like you say, it can be 'the scary house' that lots of neighbourhoods have when you're a kid, or renovate it. I probably won't turn it into a modular, I like the hinged approach, but I agree others will do that quickly.

I'm very impressed by this Haunted Mansion that has a perfect design quality. It's too bad that the video was made private, as a wanted to see the functionalities of this set. There's plenty of space inside the manor, however I think that the interior should have been worked more, as the rooms seems quite empty. The figs are great and the accessories too ! Definitely a big "Must Have" for me :thumbup: Excellent job here :classic:

This set is also perfect for people like me who are starting to get Interested in house building but don't really know how to start. I can get this, se from its design how to build it and practice extending on it,. The set in itself is full of details. Anything more would only be accomplished by making your own to satisfy a personal requirement. TLG had to design this to cater to a huge variety of peoples ideas of a detailed haunted house.

For those that are currently thinking there isn't enough detail in this set, there will also be those that if this did have more detail, would think it is to crammed with far to much detail. As it is I think it is a perfect amount. The best thing about Lego? You can modify it. So add te extra detail yourself :classic:

I think theprice is fine (for the UK)

TLG has really been out-doing themselves recently, and this is definitely no exception!

Hi

i have to thank at first those guys that posted the monster house in a "wrong" forum - i have just never taken a look into the action forum ;)

For myself i am highly interested into the modular buildings, especially the GG, that is actually out of my price range because of the lot uncommon colors.

Therefore i highly welcome this 2k pieces set in sandgreen and lots of other useful colors: browns and greys.

For those that are really into this theme: Are the figs are unique to this set? If yes, someone like me that just needs a parts pack can sell the figs to make it cheaper! For sure i will buy this set if availabel! If you could sell the 6 figs for ~50€, i will be a just 100€ house in sandgreen!

Dino

Awesome set. Perfectly designed.

Lets see how to MOC a garden for the house. Spooky trees, a pond, the zombie crypt...

Edited by peddi0027

I love how this house is packed with LEGO humor. :laugh: The extra zombie heads are also very nice. I think I like the record player the most, but overall I think TLG did a very nice job here: the atmosphere is just over the top creepiness!

Awesome set. Perfectly designed.

Lets see how to MOC a garden for the house. Spooky trees, a pond, the zombie crypt...

Pond! I hadn't thought about that. Far out back past the crypt...just where the creature will dwell...waiting.