brickcitydepot

San Francisco Stick Style House

indexed.gif B-RM-07D

I have just finished another modular building from San Francisco.

After having done the first San Francisco house I knew I wanted to jump on another one right away but I wanted the front to look different so I started looking through google images and I found this:

Original Picture

I really liked the squared off look of the bay windows on the front. I was able to see from the street sign in the picture where that section of houses were located. I went to google maps so I could get a closer look at the house that I wanted to make which was the one almost to the very right in the picture. I found the house on google maps and just started building immediately. Google Maps - SF HouseInstructions are available on brickcitydepot.com. There are more pictures in my photostream on flickr.

7316254272_1b84fb7fd0_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 1 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7316253892_41798ffb33_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 2 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7316253658_7e3bc3afc7_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 3 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7316253220_bf5514faca_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 5 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7316253158_a8372b1971_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 6 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7316252778_e91afa41da_z.jpg

San Francisco Stick Style House - 8 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

Wow! That is really well built! A good idea for the lampshades. Is brickcitydepot.com your own site?

What a wonderful realistic structure 'brickcitydepot', the exterior totally rocks though I hope they own a Smart Car to live in that garage ? :laugh:

I :wub: the SNOT detailing of grille tiles, teeth and round plates. :grin:

Brick On 'brickcitydepot' ! :classic:

Some very nice interior details on this, but for me the facade is the star of the show! Great job on the white detailing.

Another beautiful building! The exterior is very ornate and looks out of the Victorian era. I like that you switched up the shape of the bay window. The steps up to the front door is a nice and realistic touch. The rose bushes gives it a nice pop of color. Again, your interiors match your exteriors. Great job. When I first saw the cooking in the kitchen picture, I thought, "alright buddy!" but then I saw the odd front only top only his lady friend. :blush::tongue:

That is spectacular. I've always wanted to use grill pieces for some building, but never knew how to utilize it. You did it perfectly! The white on white looks very good and not overdone. The squared bay windows are exceptional as well. I may have to borrow some of these build techniques for my own. Very clever usage.

Keep up the great work!

In loss of words, but wow! The front of the house is clever done, also I like hove you made the bedside lamps.

Beautiful. :wub: I love the facade, it is so nicely designed with the color choices.

I love the brickwork too. You never fail to impress us with your modulars "brickcitydepot".

I can't wait to see your future designs, maybe some more victorian or even modern. :wink:

Really nice detailing and some splendid new ideas of using bricks like for those lamps... my grandma had also those kind of lamps in the livingroom..i immediately new how your idea was meant...superb!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Love your style, those lamps in the bedroom are clever, never would have thought of that.

Great work. The exterior detailing is great: I like what you managed to achieve using very common pieces and relatively simple SNOT techniques. The interior detailing is equally impressive. I particularly like the note on the fridge (or is that a LEGO magnet set? :grin: ) and the use of 2 x 2 round grille bricks as lamp shades.

Lovely job. I too am going to do a series of houses in "Victorian" style, and your model has showed me that it is not going to be as easy as I thought... ;-)

A great idea to find the house on Google and then build it! A lovely design....so much detail on the exterior....it takes some looking at to catch most of it. And the interior is cool, too.

Congratulations on a fine build!

This is very cool. I've been spending a lot of time in San Francisco recently and I keep thinking the houses in the city would make great MOCs.

wow. amazing job. love the different colored plates on the staircase. also the pillars by the door look really good. so much detail in this build and you did a awesome job. looks just like a SF house

An other very well build Modular. Where do you get al that inspiration? A lot of beautiful details. My favourite is the Piano. Great work and please keep them comming. These buildings inspires us less creative guys (girls). :thumbup:

That is absolutely beautiful work. It's ironic that seeing the new modular buildings come out a few years ago brought me out of my "dark ages" and yet, I haven't purchased one yet. As a construction manager/architect I'm amazed at the level of detail some of you experts are able to develop in LEGO - I never would have thought it possible as a kid.

This building is othing less then brilliant very very nice work! I love the details on the exterior but I'm also impressed with the interior I love your idea for lamps and the instruments.

Really nice work

Charlie