BaronSat

Rebo Band & Sy Snootles

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi

With the new Jabba's palace set to come I wanted to have a new Rebo Band to put in, but my previous version from 2003 was a bit... outdated.

So I build a new one and here it is.

Sy-Snootles-&-Rebo-Band.jpg

and the old one for comparison

the_band.jpg

Opinions, questions, comments and pizzas are welcome.

Copy%20of%20pizza.jpg

Nice improvement, did you design them smaller so they'd specifically fit in the new palace, or is that just how it happened?

Thanks guys, pleased you like those.

Copy%20of%20pizza.jpg

Nice improvement, did you design them smaller so they'd specifically fit in the new palace, or is that just how it happened?

They are about the same size excepted for Rebo and his piano that are a bit smaller. As I don't have the palace yet... :cry_sad: ... I don't know if they will fit. But anyway when I see the size of the building I'm a bit doubtful...

Edited by BaronSat

Nice build! I love the detail work on Max Rebo's organ.

Thanks. Now Max can proudly shows his organ in public ... er ... :blush:

Amazing! Sy Snootles looks remarkably like her movie counterpart, and the Rebo band is great, too! Nice job!

Impressive to see how good it looked almost ten years ago and then to see you top that. Well done.

I think the old version of Sy Snootles looks better :sadnew:, just needs some new tan. The others are much better though :sweet:.

Hmm, this is a little bit like art imitating life.

With new CGI technology GL was able to 'improve' on the original by adding a ridiculous song and dance routine :sadnew:

With new brick availability and part usage you have managed to 'improve' on your original versions.

The difference being that your improvements actually work :thumbup: (although I do like your originals too).

To everybody : thanks guys.

I'm glad to see Max Rebo, Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool in Lego form, but I hope to sometime see a Lego Rappertunie (The flute player in Max Rebo). Great job, by the way.

Interesting idea, it may be the only character form the revised version I do enjoy.

Impressive to see how good it looked almost ten years ago and then to see you top that. Well done.

Thanks. The old band still going strong despite its age.

I think the old version of Sy Snootles looks better :sadnew:, just needs some new tan. The others are much better though :sweet:.

In fact the new Sy isn't as chubby as it looks but the legs are less thins as the parts I used for the yellow version don't exist in Tan (excepted for one shop on Bricklink)!

With new CGI technology GL was able to 'improve' on the original by adding a ridiculous song and dance routine :sadnew:

With new brick availability and part usage you have managed to 'improve' on your original versions.

The difference being that your improvements actually work :thumbup: (although I do like your originals too).

Amen brother! :laugh:

Yes I hate Lucasfilm for having changed the song. "Lapti nek" for ever... whatever it means... wait a minute wiki says it means : "Work it out", sounds like an hymn for us.

Perfect! :thumbup: Rebo's organ looks really cool, and all of them have great sculpting.

And was finally easier to make than I first thought. For the piano keys I was searching my drawer looking for a tube to use with some 1x1 plate with hook or some other part like that, when I saw the silver ribbed hose... then a light buld suddenly lit over my head and I thought : "Yes, it's nice, simple and easy, let's try"! And it worked fine which is a good thing because as I always says, I'm a lazy guy :wink:

Ew. Don't mention "Jedi Rocks." :sick:

"Lapti Nek" was/is still much better than that crap song. :grin:

Compared to your ten Y-O one, this one is much better than the last.

Hmm...I'm a little partial to the old Sy Snootles now that I see the comparison. Maybe a combination of the two is in order. Regardless, this is a top notch rendition of the Max Rebo Band! Always love your work.