Name: The Mummy

Setnumber: 9462

Theme: Monster Fighters

Year: 2012

Parts: 83

Minifig: 2

Price: €9,99

Bricklink

Today I got my third Monster Fighters set. Up to now I'm very impressed with this line. The Minifig prints are awesome and with this set I got a new favorite female head. Let's stop the talk and let pictures speak. Enjoy.

First the box. Standard sized for a set in this pricerange. The back shows the whole set in a different angle. Nice comic and overall layout (fullmoon and so on)

001ybu.jpg

002dha.jpg

The content, two bags and one instruction.

003meow.jpg

Instructionbooklet and random page. The fullmoon in the corner is a nice touch. At the end there is an overview of all the sets and their stars (except the Zombie one).

004jjg.jpg

005qoq.jpg

006tzq.jpg

Pieces of interest. One nougat palisade brick, four round bricks in dark tan, two golden claws, two arrows and the monster gem. I really like these artifacts even when they are only usable in a few layouts.

007uaz.jpg

The Minifigs. Both got backprinting. Ann Lee got very nice torso and leg printing. Really :wub: Ann Lee uses the hairpiece of the CMF Cavegirl. It's ok, but I don't see a good use of this piece outside of action or horror themed female figures. Without a piece in the hair it looks dull. But what piece to put in other than an arrow or bone?

008suh.jpg

009ue.jpg

Now to my favorite part, Ann Lees doublesided head :wub: . I didn't noticed the scar on previews pictures. In my opinion it gives her face a great character and makes her amazing.

010xej.jpg

011nps.jpg

Here is a comparision of the recent Mummies. From right to left: Monster Fighters, CMF, Pharaohs Quest. The MF and CMF looks similar but different enough to justify a purchase.

017zvl.jpg

Now up to the main build. First the little helicopter. Easy, simple build. Looks nice, but nothing special.

012rc.jpg

The Mummies chariot in-build and as a completed set. The skeletal horse is the same as usual, this time with a "glow in the dark" feature. :thumbup:

013eb.jpg

015udt.jpg

Spare parts, nothing unusual.

014xww.jpg

And now a very crappy try to picture the glow in the dark feature of the Mummy and the horse. Like I said, the picture is bad but you can get an idea. The Mummy itself don't save the light a long time, I think it depends on the print. The horse is cast in the glowing plastic and holds a nice glow much longer. Really cool effect.

016lk.jpg

Final thoughts

Playability: 8/10

Human vs. Monster, two vehicles and some weapons. What do you need more for an playsession? :wink:

Minifig: 10/10

The Mummy is nice, but the glow is lacking. Ann Lee on the other side is great. Only her hairpiece could be improved. Whatever, I still :wub: her.

Parts: 8/10

Nice selection and useful, too. The horse is a great addition with a very powerful glow.

Price: 9/10

Pretty good value. As an introduction set the Swamp Monster is the better choice and the better monster. On the other hand, when was the last time that you got a female character in the second cheapest set of a new theme? A route Lego definitely should follow in the future.

Total: 35/40 recommended

Other Monster Fighters Reviews:

9461 The Swamp Creature

9463 The Werewolf

Edited by Plissken

Brilliant review this set just gets more and more apealing. Why are they not in england yet :cry3: Does that mummy glow pink of is it just me seeing things?

Does that mummy glow pink of is it just me seeing things?

Bad picture. It's still white, only the bandages glow.

Originally I thought this was going to be the worst set in the theme, but now I realize I'm horrible wrong. Any EBers know a good place to get a heaping slice of humble pie? :laugh:

Anyway, the glow in the dark bandages on the mummy are a nice surprise and the skeletal horse makes this worthy of getting multiples (My undead knights need some ghastly steeds). It works as a set and a good parts pack if you're into ghoulish MOCs like me.

As for Ms. Lee, the scar down her eye definitely adds character, and I love the garlic and stakes leg printing. Someone looks like she's read to take on Drac-I mean Lord Vampyre. Great little set!

Thanks for the review.

I was already planning on getting this set, and this review makes it more worthwhile. I knew the horse glew (of which I don't have any skeleton horses), so I am really excited about that. But it is really neat that the mummy glows also. Although comparing the mummies side by side, I actually prefer the CMF mummy over this one, so that is disappointing. I know I already prefer the CMF werewolf over the Monster Fighter one.

Ann Lee is a very clever name for sure, but then also her head is neat too. I don't know how much use I will have for it outside of some castle theme, but maybe I will have a new warrior princess for my Black Knights!

I can't wait to pick these sets up.

Nice review, 'Plissken'! :classic:

This is an okay set. I'll buy it when there is a deal or promo. I really wish they used brown hair for Ann Lee, as I have three or four copies of that hair in the same style. :wacko:

Edited by just2good

Great review 'Plissken', er...pass, sorry I'm not a fan of this theme. Really her costume is late 1890's so that helicopter is steampunk or what ever....could she like wearing old fashion clothes...is she into goth....who knows ? :laugh:

Neat mummy, pity the glow in the dark feature wasn't better. :sadnew:

I like the wagon....why do I get that Ninjago feeling about this.....could a TV series pop out of this release, CN did say another Lego themed series might be joining Ninjago....if my memory serves me correct. :wink:

I pass all the sets of MF just to buy like 10 of this set! This set have everything I love: Egypt themed fig, glowing in the dark pieces and the Ann, she looks so... yum! :wub:

Thanks for the great review.

The set doesn't do much for me. Minifigures aside the two vehicles look like the sort of things you'd get in a polybag promotion. I'm not really bothered by glow in the dark stuff, I do like the Ann Lee figure though. But this'll be a big pass for me.

Thanks for the review. This set is okay, but that helicopter is surprisingly very well designed!

I salute all 3 reviews, good job! :thumbup:

as for this set, I don't like it. build of the carrige is too simple... but the horse is awsome and I'll be getting two of those for my fantasy army ^^

It's a cute little if somewhat minimalist set. The glowy horse really is what pulls it up. While the printing on the Ann Lee fig is great the hair is problematic I found. It just does not want to stay firmly on her head. I had a similar issue with Wolverine and Magneto. Has anyone else encountered this?

Edited by Faefrost

Gotta wonder if the crude printing on the mummy has to do with the glow-in-the-dark feature. He looks like someone drew with a Sharpie on him compared to the older mummies.

Hey, great review! Hmm...I'm on the fence about this set. On the one hand, I NEED a glow-in-the-dark horse (or two! or three! :head_back: ), but on the other, the rest of the set is a little...meh.

Hey, could you help me out, and put the CMF mummy arms on this new mummy and give us a pic of the result? If it works out, I can justify buying this set, if not...well, there's always Bricklink. :head_back:

Maybe I was spoiled by the Pharaoh's Quest mummies but both this Mummy and the CF Mummy look pretty ordinary to me. Also there's nothing really appealling in the non-minifig aspects of this set to my eye. The chariot is pretty ugly and the mini-chopper too simple.

Pass for me.

Maybe I was spoiled by the Pharaoh's Quest mummies but both this Mummy and the CF Mummy look pretty ordinary to me. Also there's nothing really appealling in the non-minifig aspects of this set to my eye. The chariot is pretty ugly and the mini-chopper too simple.

Pass for me.

My thoughts exactly. This set is probably the theme's weakest, imo. There's just nothing about it that intrigues me, even the figs. It's a decent parts pack, though.

Thanks for the review, I hope to see more!

I originally didn't want this set, but thanks to the trans purple crystal, I just might.

The moonstone will make a nice Egyptian artifact.

Steve

The moonstone will make a nice Egyptian artifact.

Yes but you can get all the moonstones (bar the Zombies one) in the Vampire's Castle, which is a much better looking set with some interesting pieces than most of the other MF line. It even has the coffin that comes with the Vampire Hearse in it!

Thanks for the review Plisskin! :thumbup: This set looks like the weakest of the MF line to me, Anne is a brilliant fig but i think i'd prefer to save my cash for the ghost train.

Pass for me.

Honestly, for we AFOL types, the set is most interesting as a source for MOC details. The glowy horse being the big item, along with the nice elements to the figs and some of the details and trim on the chariot. This really is a set that you pull individual pieces from, or you are young enough to simply play with it. It's not much of a display set for we older types. Now as AFOL's if we get 2 or 3 of these we could do some interesting things. Take the skeletal horses and make a real horse drawn vanpire hearse. Take the chariots, strip some trim and stage a Ben Hur style chariot race. Things like that.