Sign in to follow this  
bartjuh

The ruin of Gorradil

Whoever recovers the elemental air crystal will become a well known hero in Mitgardia.

1336833088m_DISPLAY.jpg

Form left to right:

Maxley – Jack of blades – Sir Whisper – Sir Walter Beck – Ben Finn

1336833091m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sir Whisper meets Maze the sorcerer in his shack near the lake.

Sir Whisper: Maze, do you know where we can find the air crystal?

Maze: I must have an old map which will lead you to the air crystal.

Sir Whisper: That would be great!

Maze: This old scroll says the air crystal belonged to King Bernard IV. He was buried in the cathedral of Gorradil two centuries ago.

Sir Whisper: Nowadays known as the ruin of Gorradil…

Maze: That’s correct. But listen very carefully… everyone who tried to find the air crystal didn’t return. Legend says that the air crystal is protected by a guardian which can only be defeated by a strong sorcerer.

Sir Whisper: Why don’t you join me and my crew, and together we will recover the air crystal.

Maze: I have to disappoint you, I’m too old for these adventures.

Sir Whisper: Well then, I’ll find my crew and go to the ruin of Gorradil.

Maze: Good luck!

1336833093m_DISPLAY.jpg

After a long journey trough the mountains and over frozen lakes they finally reached the ruin of Gorradil.

1336833097m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sir Whisper: Men, listen carefully. It’s our goal to recover the air crystal from this ruin. But we should be careful and watch out for the guardian.

1336833099m_DISPLAY.jpg

Maxley: I found a staircase.

Sir Whisper: It looks like there is a basement. Let’s see what’s downstairs.

1336833102m_DISPLAY.jpg

As they walk downstairs, someone is watching them from a distance…

Sir Whisper: It looks like the tomb of King Bernard IV. The air crystal is probably inside the tomb.

Maxley: Let’s open it.

1336833104m_DISPLAY.jpg

The men open the tomb, but suddenly all the skeletons come alive. An intense fight follows.

1336833113m_DISPLAY.jpg

Meanwhile outside in the lake.

1336833116m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sir Whisper and his crew defeat the skeletons and return to the ruin floor.

1336833118m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sir Whisper: Maze, what are you doing here?

Maze: I found more clues about the guardian.

Maxley: Don’t worry, we defeated all skeletons.

Maze: The guardian is not a skeleton, it’s a…. Oh no! Get down, hide yourself.

1336833120m_DISPLAY.jpg

Everyone hides himself. But Maze takes his magical scepter and takes it up against the dragon.

1336833123m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336833125m_DISPLAY.jpg

After an intensive battle Maze defeats the dragon. Then everyone returns safely back to Valholl where they are welcomed as heroes!

More pictures:

1336833128m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336833130m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336833132m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336833135m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336833142m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by bartjuh

nice Mitgardian moc, great job on the broken chapel. Lookin' really great! I also like the pond, looks like a nice place!!

Well done bartjuh :thumbup: I like the guardian a lot :classic: The weeping willow looks great, and the entrance to the ruin is spectacular!

I think you should show an overview shot, similar to the WIP pic you posted in the Mitgardia thread.

I think you should show an overview shot, similar to the WIP pic you posted in the Mitgardia thread.

I updated the original post with some additional pictures.

Thanks for the compliments so far! :sweet:

Lovely archway with gorgeous curves Bartjuh. Nice entry :sweet:

Edited by Cara

Great job! :)

The dragon did not look too scary - until he started firebreathing ;)

Great job Bartjuh! :sweet: There's a lot of things to love. First of all, it looks really Mitgardian. Secondly the characters look great, I always have a crush for well build minifigs. And there are some nice details like the arches in the ruin and the walls with the mitgardian colors in the tomb! And not to forget the dragon, I like it how he came out of the water. Although I does look a bit like a pokemon dragon :wink:

Keep up the good work!

I love that dragon! So cute!!! :classic: And that ruin is very nice with the arches!

Fun to see that you put in many details in your buildings like the ice close to the shore!

Edited by de Gothia

I know you probably don't want to hear it, but that water dragon is so cute :dblush: , I love the color combination on it and the claws.

The curves and plates together make a great combination on the front of the ruined chapel, and your photography is excellent too.

The fifth shot with the front of the chapel and the arches in the back is my favorite shot.

Great job!

Beautiful landscaping, as usual! I love the tree in the first scene, and the arch-work is wonderful! I like the flooring in the tomb, and I also like the way you incorporated the Mitgardian colors in your tomb.

I have to say it again though, your grounds are fantastic! I love the pathway, and the way it transitions to the snow. Excellent job!

Great work Bartjuh, lots to love here. Your lanscaping is very well done and the main arch of the ruin is lovely. I also like the Mitgardian colours incorporated into the walls below ground. Your gaurdian is sweet too, although...

Although It does look a bit like a pokemon dragon :wink:

Keep up the good work!

Glad i wasn't the first to think it! :wink: It's still pretty awesome though. Good luck in the voting!

Very good story and build Bartjuh. I really love that stunning gateway. The dragon is super cute too! lovely entry, well done

:classic:

Was anyone else 'whispering' all of Sir Whisper's dialog? :rofl:

Lovely build.

The gate work is spectacular!

Even though you didn't really use the external areas, the snow/path was really nicely done. I like your attention to detail!

And the dragon was awesome :grin:

And the tree!

I would like to thank everyone for their complements, even the compliments for my "pokemon" dragon :classic: . I have made seperate pictures of the dragon, these can be found on my MOCpages.

Building the arch was a great challenge, because it's not round but shaped in a point (which is exactly 90 degrees). I'd like to share my building techniques with you, so here's a WIP picture of the arch building:

1337251449m_SPLASH.jpg

And I've also another WIP picture of how to implement the container boxes in a wall:

1337251452m_SPLASH.jpg

Let me know if you like the pictures of these building techniques :wink: .

Was anyone else 'whispering' all of Sir Whisper's dialog? :rofl:

For about the first half of the story I was :hmpf: then I figured it out :laugh:

@bartjuh: Thanks for the WIP pics :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6