Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Round 3 Altar of the Earth Crystal

Captain BeerBeard: So why are we going out here?

Zakon: We need some skooma!

CBB: What?

Z: Skooma! You'll need it to get the crystal!

CBB: O.K.?

Z: There's the guy!

CBB: That guy look's shady...

Z: He is. That's Shady Sean. He's the only guy that can get skooma, so be nice.

0aquest2_copy.jpg

Shady Sean: What'll it be? My stuff is the best.

Zakon: Give me all the skooma you have!

SS: I have fourteen bottle's. 2800 gold.

Z:What?! 2800? That's more than double!

SS: It's all the skooma that'll be around for the next month.

Z:Here's 3000 gold. We were never here, understand?

SS: Understood.

0quest_copy.jpg

0aquest1.jpg

Zakon explaind to Captain BeerBeard what he had to do.

Zakon: The group of Avalonian's have discovered the altar. They await your arrival. When you get there, drink the skooma. The skooma will give you increased focus and speed. The earth elemental you will encounter has the crystal attached to a big rock.

Captain BeerBeard: A big rock?

Z: You'll know it when you see it. Use the other adventurers as a decoy to grab the crystal.

CBB: That sound's too easy? Are you sure about this?

Z: If I'm not, you'll be dead! Hahahahahah!

CBB: I'll get it and return!

Z: Your gold will be waiting for you.

0aquest2.jpg

0aquest4.jpg

So Captain BeerBeard set off on horseback to the ancient site. He finally arrived after an hour on horseback. He opened the skooma bottle and sniffed the strange liquid. He chugged the contents.

0aquest3.jpg

0aquest5.jpg

Captain BeerBeard met up with the Adventurers. The all gathered their grape's and charged into battle without a plan. Captain BeerBeard and the assassin stayed back waiting for the perfect chance to grab the crystal.

0aquest8_copy.jpg

0aquest7.jpg

The earth elemental made short work of the adventurers. Captain BeerBeard saw his chance after the monster was distracted by the female adventurer he snatched up. He felt the skooma surging through his vien's. He ran like he never ran before and dislodged the crystal from the rock that was attached to the elemental!

0aquestmasrer_copy.jpg

Captain BeerBeard: I got it! Rruunn!

Assassin: I'm running! How are you running with that peg leg?!

CBB: Skooma!

0quest1copy.jpg

Captain BeerBeard and the assasssin got away from the elemental. They took their time walking back to the private estate to present Zakon the earth crystal.

Conclusion Coming soon.

Thank's to ZC and Sean F.

C&c welcome. Thank's for looking and I hope you enjoyed my entry :classic:

Edited by Captain BeerBeard
Title change...

Wonderful entry! I love your landscaping skills. That house you built there is so gorgeous! Might want to borrow some techniques I've seen there. :thumbup:

Wonderful entry! I love your landscaping skills. That house you built there is so gorgeous! Might want to borrow some techniques I've seen there. :thumbup:

Thank you. I'm thinking about making a modular version of that house with the techniques I used on it. Borrow all you want!

Thank you. I'm thinking about making a modular version of that house with the techniques I used on it. Borrow all you want!

Do so! I am looking forward to it!

This is awesome my friend! Great entry! Love the different mocs you have created for this challenge!

I want to have a pic of the guardian alone though, without all the sorroundins cause it looks like a mean looking fella! :classic:

Wow!

The elemental is a brilliant build.

This is awesome my friend! Great entry! Love the different mocs you have created for this challenge!

I want to have a pic of the guardian alone though, without all the sorroundins cause it looks like a mean looking fella! :classic:

Thank's! I'll get a pic up of the elemental for you guy's.

Great builds Captain BeerBeard! The landscaping is excellent as always, and the house looks very nice, I am a big fan of log bricks so it's cool to see them used in a house. Your characters fit wonderfully, and the guardian is incredible :thumbup:

This looks great! This one'll be tough to beat for Avalonia!

great job! Early on, I was contemplating using a very similar looking guardian I decided against but I guess we could have said their was an army of those things!

Really good job Capt. that house is fabulous. I love it all especially the second floor details.

Avalonia has some really strong entries!

Mikey

Nice work.

I think you did a good job of keeping the colors balanced on the final version. I like the house build. The dragons on the eves look pretty cool. Also, good head choices with the fleshies. The story is a bit sparse, but I think that is fine when you have great pictures.

Finally a reason to get heroe factory/bionicle for the castle fans! I don't follow hero facotry, so I didn't know where those pieces were from. I think of all the heroe factory guys/parts the Toxic Reapa guy has the perfect "plant" face, so good choice using him there.

A couple of other notes:

1. Though I know the story says the crystal is attached to the rock the guardian is holding, it would be cool if we could see that in the photos.

2. The staging of the bashed/killed figs could look a little more "real". The just look toppled over still holding everything in the photo like they are.

3. Where's the crazy, Beerbeard stylized, super bloody photo?

Nice work.

I think you did a good job of keeping the colors balanced on the final version. I like the house build. The dragons on the eves look pretty cool. Also, good head choices with the fleshies. The story is a bit sparse, but I think that is fine when you have great pictures.

Finally a reason to get heroe factory/bionicle for the castle fans! I don't follow heroe facotry, so I didn't know where those pieces were from. I think of all the heroe factory guys/parts the Toxic Reapa guy has the perfect "plant" face, so good choice using him there.

A couple of other notes:

1. Though I know the story says the crystal is attached to the rock the guardian is holding, it would be cool if we could see that in the photos.

2. The staging of the bashed/killed figs could look a little more "real". The just look toppled over still holding everything in the photo like they are.

3. Where's the crazy, Beerbeard stylized, super bloody photo?

Thank you. The crystal is visible. It's plugged into the chain.The location make's it very dark. I don't think people like my bloody photo's. I don't think I'll be doing that anymore. I don't think the knights had died yet at that point, that's why they still had their weapon's.

great job! Early on, I was contemplating using a very similar looking guardian I decided against but I guess we could have said their was an army of those things!

Really good job Capt. that house is fabulous. I love it all especially the second floor details.

Avalonia has some really strong entries!

Mikey

I'm glad you love my house! Thank my five year year old son for the second floor detail's. He told me what look'ed good and what sucked. That guardian will be under Zakon's command soon enough.

It's good to know that the Skooma had a purpose, and that Captain BeerBeard isn't just an addict.

:wink:

It's good to know that the Skooma had a purpose, and that Captain BeerBeard isn't just an addict.

:wink:We Www

Captain BeerBeard isn't the addict. Zakon is the addict. He love's his skooma!

Great job! I really like the house and the guardian, the foilage on the guardian worked out well!

I really love how the guardian blends in with the surrounding landscape, there are so many little details that every time I re-look over the pictures I find something new tucked in somewhere.

The house is really excellent as well, the second story details are great, but I think I like the silhouette of the roof the very best.

Great job Captain. :thumbup:

I really like the house because it has details at the same time is simple, a good combination.

And what to say about the landscaping, is just phenomenal seems so natural as wild as it looks. The guardian looks interesting and powerful. They have luck to escape with their lives.

Lovely work Capt Beerbeard! I really like your dragon house, and the Genosian torsos for the knights work really well. I like your bionicle-infused gaurdian as well, particularly the snakes in its hair. :wink: I do find perhaps your scene with the gaurdian to be a mite over-busy - it's really hard to make some of the details out(like where the crystal is before Cptn BB grabs it). But then again, the whole scene does have an engaging sense of chaos that i really like too. :classic: Best of luck! :classic:

Excellent Entry BB! I really like the house, it looks very Avalonian without looking like other Avalonian builds. Your landscaping is always fantastic, and this is no different. I like the guardian, but I too look forward to seeing it apart for the scene. I like how all the other knights look very unique. Great job!

I really love how the guardian blends in with the surrounding landscape, there are so many little details that every time I re-look over the pictures I find something new tucked in somewhere.

I totally agree... I think my favorite parts are the stone technique you used on the house, your character designs (I thought I was brilliant by combining the blue minicape on white cape and I come on here and see you already did it), the awesome landscaping as usual and the nice use of those horible hard to find a use for Atlantis key holders. The only thing that disconcerts me is that white claw... I keep thinking I'm seeing the skeleton squid from Gateway of the Squid. I think if the claw was the same lime green color as the head it would look much better but that just is my opinion...

A very nice set, Captain. The Shady Sean scene is well built, and the skooma really adds a sense of motion to the scene. Lovely details on the house, and a great mix of colours in the final scene. I agree it is a bit difficult to make out the details on the guardian, so I can't say how awesome it is...but what I see is good. :classic:

here's some pic's of my guardian. He lost some of his part's in the masacre.

7208143278_3e422e7fa8.jpg

Earth elemental by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

7208148092_62b23aa5e3.jpg

Earth elemental1 by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

7208157184_5d9550f386.jpg

Earth elemental spread by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

7208151464_cc73c5896e.jpg

Earth elemental back by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

7208159592_8ec4978276.jpg

Earth elemental hair by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

7208164168_292bae69d9.jpg

Earth elemental top by captain BeerBeard, on Flickr

Excellent entry Captain! I love the great vivid color tones you achieve in your mocs, its an instantly recognizable part of your style. Each scene is very well built with great techniques and details. I also like the small details you add like the many interesting shield designs, the trans clear dish pieces work so well over those dark bley shields, it gives them a silvery look. The guardian himself(I assume its a 'he' with those large things dangling between his legs :laugh:) is an excellent build with great part usage, particularly that green mask piece. He kind of reminds me of that huge Transformer at the end of Transformers 2.

A great collection of excellent scenes with a fun story, nice to see that you entered! Great work :thumbup: