wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

It is kind of weird that lurtz is brown and that there is an additional Uruk because Lurtz is the first-born of them...

Lurtz is brown because he is covered in mud when he is born.

-Omi

Does anybody know if Lurtz had a double sided head or not? That face used in the main picture looks nothing like him IMO

Does anybody know if Lurtz had a double sided head or not? That face used in the main picture looks nothing like him IMO

Yup, look at the box.

His face prints are the same as those of the other Uruk-hai, except for being in different colors.

One side has the White Hand on his face, the other is more fit for a newborn where the hand is not shown yet.

I personally think he looks just fine that way - I'm sure they'll do an Amon-hen set with another, armored version of him, too.

The first, prototype version of the Orc Forge's box showed an armored Lurtz, so they're either planning something or are already designing it.

~ General Magma

The Orc Forge doesn't interest me as much as other sets. I'd probably rather buy another Uruk-hai army instead. Speaking of which, the already nice Eomer mini figure would be indefinitely better without cape and a printed armour similar to Theoden's. Eomer looks like the guy with the widest shoulders in the movies and I think Theoden's armour style with Eomer's body printing would have been just brilliant.

Although the following questions are slightly off-topic, I'd really appreciate if somebody would answer them regardless:

- Does anybody know when we can expect battle packs? I guess the only thing to base it on would be the release date of Star Wars battle packs. Was the SW line out for a long time before battle packs were introduced?

- I just heard about the LEGO club. Apparently, it's a once only payment of 20$ and you'll receive four magazines annually - along with some other things. Does anybody want to share her/ his experience? I'd mainly join for the

Lord of the Rings line. Assuming it will be treated similarly to SW, what could I expect to get out of a membership?

Nice set! Part of me thinks it would have been better to have a Lego-shaped hand on the armor, though. :classic:

I just heard about the LEGO club. Apparently, it's a once only payment of 20$ and you'll receive four magazines annually - along with some other things. Does anybody want to share her/ his experience? I'd mainly join for the Lord of the Rings line. Assuming it will be treated similarly to SW, what could I expect to get out of a membership?

Most sets include a free membership to the Lego Club...

I definitely did NOT pay $20 for membership in Lego Club. I signed up based off of a set that I had purchased. So---don't pay, buy a set!

As for battle packs, there is no definitive answer yet as to whether or not we will see them. Of course, if we do it depends on what type of battle pack we will see as well. Star Wars currently has the 4 minifigs and some brickbuilt vehicle/tree, etc. PoTC had the 5 figs for $15, and was a Lego exclusive. The Pirates battlepack had a Jack Sparrow(like anyone needed any more of those), and a couple of zombie pirates, and imperial soldiers.

For LoTR, ideally we would get the Star Wars style battle packs that could be sold anywhere, and include say 4 Uruk-Hai and a small siege engine. Or 4 Riders of Rohan and a small tree set up.

Nice looking set. I actually enjoy seeing a set that isn't directly combat related; as a playset this would go well with any castle.

Overall I'm happy with this, although I would really like a Saruman figure. :sceptic: Maybe wave two.

Please, nobody bite my head off for this opinion.

Am I the only one who'll be buying LOTR sets as medieval parts packs? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the books and movies. But I'd spend way too much if I were to get into LOTR Lego, and the minifigs just aren't that spectacular to me anymore. (Except the orcs). So they'll be part packs, and the orcs will make great enemies for castle MOCs.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Yup, look at the box.

His face prints are the same as those of the other Uruk-hai, except for being in different colors.

One side has the White Hand on his face, the other is more fit for a newborn where the hand is not shown yet.

I personally think he looks just fine that way - I'm sure they'll do an Amon-hen set with another, armored version of him, too.

The first, prototype version of the Orc Forge's box showed an armored Lurtz, so they're either planning something or are already designing it.

~ General Magma

Thanks for the help! Its hard with the picture being so small and being color-blind to see the differences :blush:

I think I will like the white hand face better! Thanks again!

Am I the only one who'll be buying LOTR sets as medieval parts packs? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the books and movies. But I'd spend way too much if I were to get into LOTR Lego, and the minifigs just aren't that spectacular to me anymore. (Except the orcs). So they'll be part packs, and the orcs will make great enemies for castle MOCs.

Hell no lololol.

Im gonna stock up on every set that has soldiers!!! I want some rohan and white hand flags really badddd...

- I just heard about the LEGO club. Apparently, it's a once only payment of 20$ and you'll receive four magazines annually - along with some other things. Does anybody want to share her/ his experience? I'd mainly join for the

Lord of the Rings line. Assuming it will be treated similarly to SW, what could I expect to get out of a membership?

Most sets include a free membership to the Lego Club...

I definitely did NOT pay $20 for membership in Lego Club. I signed up based off of a set that I had purchased. So---don't pay, buy a set!

Lego Club membership is NOT free in Australia, there is a once off payment of $20, despite what the advertisements on the instruction booklets say. However, periodically some retailers will offer a docket to send off for free membership as part of their sale.

Regarding "battle packs", what do you think the Orc Forge & Uruk Hai Army sets are? I think they are in lieu of battle packs, or at least for the first year or so.

According to this http://www.mightyape.com.au/Toys/classic-retro/LEGO-Toys/Coming-Soon/page3/ retailer, these are the Australian prices and release date:

Release date: 17 September 2012

According to the prices of already released sets on that site, the retail prices elsewhere will be less than that. But the September release date is disappointing news.

The Orc Forge looks like a nicely realised set to me, with some good parts for MOCing. My only disappointment is that there only seems to be one hair/ear piece for the Mordor orcs, which means as well as being bald, one will be earless unless you chuck a helmet on his head.

Definitely a set for me as I will be getting one of every set with orcs in it in order to build a decent army.

For all LEGO fans living in Australia:

According to this http://www.mightyape.com.au/Toys/classic-retro/LEGO-Toys/Coming-Soon/page3/ retailer, these are the Australian prices and release date:

Gandalf arrives: 24.99

Shelob attacks: 41.99

Uruk-hai army: 61.99

Orc forge: 75.99

Weathertop: 99.99

Moria: 132.99

Helm's Deep: 230.99

Thanks for the info, Lynx. Although I think their RRPs are made up (although around the mark). They don't fit Lego's standard RRPs and many sets (not LotR) there with a known RRP are wrong.

Yes, I do

Lurtz is brown because he is covered in mud when he is born.

-Omi

Hmm, that makes sense... though personally, I think the Uruk-hai would be more accurate in that colour.

It would be much clearer if there was some sort of "birthing pit" included, so we know that's just mud and not actual skin.

Those are much more expensive than I expected, even if they are marked up. :sceptic:

I was searching for Monster Fighters sets at my local TRU, and they had the Gandalf Arrives set there for $14.99 along with Series 7 minifigures. I was low on money (I had about 4 bucks in my pocket) so I just bought a S7 pack though.

-Sci

A nice HR image of the Orc Forge!

Picture links to HR version +2400.pxl

9476 The Orc Forge

*snip*

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Mod please add this to First Page!

The price on this is pretty much over the top, that kills the multi buy on this set.

Also why does the set state "hard to find", is it the set or the lurtz without clothes minifig it means?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed quoted Pic. Don't quote pictures.

The price on this is pretty much over the top, that kills the multi buy on this set.

Also why does the set state "hard to find", is it the set or the lurtz without clothes minifig it means?

The set will be deliberately limited in availability, unfortunately. That's what "hard to find" means.

For all LEGO fans living in Australia:

Gandalf arrives: 24.99

Shelob attacks: 41.99

Weathertop: 99.99

Moria: 132.99

Helm's Deep: 230.99

7 reasons to ditch Australia and make the United States of America your new home :laugh:

7 reasons to ditch Australia and make the United States of America your new home :laugh:

7 reasons to shop online :wink:

Let's not let this topic dissolve into another debate about who pays more, or how expensive it will be in Uzbekistan. That kind of discussion really belongs in the Sales Forum where it was posted. Someone is always going to get the rough end of the pineapple, and LEGO is not a cheap hobby either, so if you want the sets shop around or if they are too pricey don't pay retail :wink:

I was searching for Monster Fighters sets at my local TRU, and they had the Gandalf Arrives set there for $14.99 along with Series 7 minifigures. I was low on money (I had about 4 bucks in my pocket) so I just bought a S7 pack though.

-Sci

*oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2* What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How lucky is that? If only you could go back and grab it, but someone has probably gotten it all ready. :cry_sad: