Hoexbroe

Cars for my MegaMOC 2012

Again: Amazing stuff. And the colour combinations are great - part of what makes your cars so nice is that you build them in so many different colours. It really adds some spice to a scene (not that your dioramas need added spice, of course...)!

indexed.gif V-LC-18F & V-LV-29E

Cars #19 and #20 hits the road base-plates;

1950 Coca-Cola delivery van;

dsc05439.jpg

dsc05441.jpg

1959 Station wagon;

dsc05445.jpg

dsc05448.jpg

dsc05447.jpg

While I find most of the cars from that epoque stunningly beautiful, many different trends, styles and tastes emerged at the same time, and was -unfortunatly- sometimes mixed and blended by the desginers.

So let this car be a monument to the humongous desing-failures that was also done during these years; Wooden-style panels, two-tone body paint, white-wall tires, painted matching hubcaps, panoramic windscreen, partly covered rear wheels, huge metal bumpers, grotesque Texas-style longhorn ornament.

You name it; This carĀ“s got it! Tasteless galore!

This is truly the car "Build for Homer".

-Or maybe what the "Wagon Queen Family Truckster" would have looked like 25 years earlier...

The station wagon and Coke truck are among your finest vehicles yet :excited: .....only Coke decals are missing from the truck ! :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'Hoexbroe' and seriously I wouldn't mind a Coke truck like that myself ! :wink:

The station wagon and Coke truck are among your finest vehicles yet :excited: .....only Coke decals are missing from the truck ! :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'Hoexbroe' and seriously I wouldn't mind a Coke truck like that myself ! :wink:

Thanks Ā“Tiger! -The van certainly will get a few stickers, but I need to accumulate more texts and signs, before I feed a whole sheet through the printer...

Thanks Ā“Tiger! -The van certainly will get a few stickers, but I need to accumulate more texts and signs, before I feed a whole sheet through the printer...

Inspiration......

estate+2+022.JPG

I'm not only an AFOL, but AFOCC......adult fan of Coca Cola....the drink and of course collectables. :wink:

Some great vehicles! I love them all.

any chance you could do a tutorial of one of the 50's style cars? I build mostly castle but want to branch out and would love to see some of your techniques.

Wanted to say - your cars are really, Really, REALLY nice. You are a genius. Man, why are you a genius? )))

And this combining of headlight studs is sooo genious...i just can't say a word!

You are really good at this! Your cars are such perfect renditions of the originals, I don't know how you do it! Keep'em coming! :sweet:

See it on Classic-Town.net

You are really good at this! Your cars are such perfect renditions of the originals, I don't know how you do it! Keep'em coming! :sweet:

See it on Classic-Town.net

Thanks a lot for your comment! -And thanks for the blog! :classic:

Hello everybody!

After almsot two months without any new cars for this project, IĀ“m back with a couple of new ones!

Again from a famous movie;

dsc05676rc.jpg

First off, we have the 1948 Ford De Luxe "White Lightning" (the good guys);

dsc05685.jpg

dsc05684.jpg

Next, the 1949 Ford Mercury from the Scorpions (the bad guys);

dsc05677.jpg

dsc05682.jpg

dsc05681.jpg

The two cars together;

dsc05678.jpg

Final bonus-picture;

dsc05683.jpg

Ciao!

I really like that Ford, especially with those whitewall tyres!

Why it's grease lightning ! :excited:

Oh, that white car is the bomb 'Hoexbroe', I :wub: the bonnet, flames on the sides and finally the tyres...white wall tyres....smegging AWESOME ! :moar:

Keep them coming 'Hoexbroe'...Brick On and Grease is the word ! :head_back:

That white one realy looks great, I love the sleek look. And the black one is awesome too! :thumbup:

Good car :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

There are fron Grease, right?? :wink: :wink:

Thanks, I think... (Still thinking about what to say here... :-)

Hi all,

HereĀ“s a couple of cars more for the project;

First off, a study in Bright Cyan; The HotRod from MegaMOC 2011 adapted to my small collection of pieces in this colour;

Car #23 (a pure fantasy vehicle);

dsc05693.jpg

dsc05695.jpg

Car #24 is another study en "Rare Colours", namely a Bright Pink convertible;

dsc05688.jpg

dsc05690.jpg

dsc05689.jpg

dsc05691.jpg

As these are some of the last cars for the proejct (only a couple of trucks reamins to be made), IĀ“ve wanted to include some kind of constructive details;

dsc05698.jpg

The lousy clucthing-power of the pink pieces made it necessary to install the blue re-inforcement plate. The pink pieces (all original Lego) can hardly hold themselves together. TLC; What crap is thisĀæ?

The next couple of photos shows the always-difficult front of the car; All my cars are done differently. This model in particular features a huge floating (or prisoner) part incoporated;

dsc05699.jpg

dsc05697.jpg

-The floating part is the lower-right one...

Lastly a couple of bye-bye pics;

dsc05696.jpg

dsc05692.jpg

Ciao!

Another couple of fantastic old-style cars, good work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That pink convertible is wonderful, excellent bodywork you have given it 'Hoexbroe', also the blue hot rod is nice too....neat windscreen ! :wink:

Keep them coming 'Hoexbroe' and Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

Yeah, I was going to mention the windscreen! I didn't notice it when you first posted the picture on Flickr. That's a very neat solution.

Yeah, I was going to mention the windscreen! I didn't notice it when you first posted the picture on Flickr. That's a very neat solution.

Thanks L@go and lightningtiger! -Unfortunatly I canĀ“t take credit for that technique. I saw it somewhere else, but canĀ“t remember where (sorry).

L@go; Thanks for your always enthusiastic comments. My postings on Flickr are never exhaustive (because of the 200 pics limit), so you never really get to se all the details there... :classic:

Great cars, as always. Thanks for sharing your building technique. I still have a lot to learn.

I love the fact that these cars sometimes look so deceptively simple and small! default_laugh_new.gif

I also love spending a sunday afternoon, puzzling one together.

You are truly becoming a master at this, especially the pink convertible looks sweeheet!

Are you using the milky white tires for the whitewalls?