sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

We all know that lego will never get around to designing and releasing every member of the Marvel/DC universe. However they may unknowingly give us some of the "perfect" parts needed to make our own figures. That is why I'm setting up this thread for people to share their ideas for purist figures.

In this thread you can

1. Suggest a purist figure: be sure to include links to the specific parts, a picture, or a very informative description :thumbup:

2. Suggest a perfect part: If there is a good part, but you don't know what to do for the rest of the fig, go ahead and provide a link. :thumbup:

3. Comment on other peoples figures and offer alternatives :thumbup:

With this thread, I hope to make a decisive list of read-outs for purist super hero figures.

Also, before we start, the figures don't have to be perfect, with such an infinite universe it doesn't matter if the character is %100 accurate, but the general colours and attire should be instantly recognizable.

If we all can settle on the ideal figure, I'll add it to the database. :sweet:

The Database

Great idea! :sweet:

My one idea (as of now) is for Cyclops. Use Hawkeye's face (glasses), Mutt Williams hair, the torso below and plain black legs.

973pb498c01.jpg

Credit to The Real Indiana Jones for the idea.

Edited by K-nut

Great idea! Hopefully we start to get some new heroes! Quick question though, are brickforge pieces and stuff still considered "purist"? Because I know that the savage mask would look pretty good for a comic book Hawkeye fig! :thumbup:

I know we already have a Poison Ivy fig, but for those who want a green one like she's sometimes portrayed, I like my solution.

Poison Ivy

CMF Series 6 Lady Liberty head and torso, Friends fig Mia's hair, and sand green legs with dark red hips.

Great idea! :sweet:

My one idea (as of now) is for Cyclops. Use Hawkeye's face (glasses), Mutt Williams hair, the torso below and plain black legs.

973pb498c01.jpg

Credit to The Real Indiana Jones for the idea.

Yes, and that torso could be used for the rest of the X-Men. I saw these figs on Flickr. Credit to Jaypercent.

Kraven:

7108412305_62b6466d1f.jpg

Havok:

7108404587_9f4fdeca41.jpg

I really like these solutions. Pictures are the links.

(snip)

That Kraven is really good, but I think the new 2011 Boba Fett wookie pelt would look really good on him.

Nice to see a lot of action already :classic:

Great idea! Hopefully we start to get some new heroes! Quick question though, are brickforge pieces and stuff still considered "purist"? Because I know that the savage mask would look pretty good for a comic book Hawkeye fig! :thumbup:

Uh, lets keep it to 100% official parts

Edited by sok117

Yes, Jaypercent's purist figs are pretty good, perhaps even the best. Here are some other examples from him:

6886285355_e4f6ae5846_z.jpg

Gambit, Professor X & Rogue by jaypercent, on Flickr

6911754147_cb73492f3c_z.jpg

Omega Red, Bishop, Juggernaut, The Blob by jaypercent, on Flickr

6895626462_c285d530c9_z.jpg

Lobo, Superman, Darkseid Custom LEGO Minifigs by jaypercent, on Flickr

7090171365_4c164cb955_z.jpg

Custom LEGO Spiderman Villians by jaypercent, on Flickr

He also made that Scott Summers K-Nut suggested, except with a Nightwing torso instead of Racer X's.

7108396389_b31ecb8842_z.jpg

Scott Summers by jaypercent, on Flickr

EDIT: Oh, and I made Hal Jordan out of Green Goblin's body, Robin's head, and Mutt's hair once, as you can kinda see here:

6397350025_f93a24412a_z.jpg

Green Lantern Mobile by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

This is a nice idea, Sok. But I do think it belongs in the MCW forum. Even purist figs are custom.

Please continue with it, though. The combinations here so far are really good and I look forward to seeing more. (And maybe trying a few myself if I have some extra time.)

Red Hood (jason todd version obviously, Aquaman...Arthur Curry, sigh, Azrael and Green Arrow. 7110443455_6387b7cca0_m.jpg

Would using a sticker from an official set still be considered purist? :sceptic:

Yes because the sticker came from a Lego set. Stickers are parts. :P

-Omi

I think so, although most purists prefer not to use any decals on their figs at all.

By the way, I just thought of something. You could make a nice purist Nightwing using the new Robin's head and Snape's hair (or any black hair you think suits the character) on a plain black body with blue arms. Adding a torso decal for detail would be optional.

I made a few purist supporting characters:

Here's Alfred Pennyworth

IMG_2703.jpg

Lois Lane

IMG_2706.jpg

And Aquaman and Guy Gardner (my modded Wonder Woman isn't purist, ignore her):

IMG_2696.jpg

Noticed last night that Jungle Boy's torso makes for a pretty good Ultimate Sabretooth.

IMG_3260.jpg

He's even got slash marks in his chest from Wolverine.

I'm a butcher of minifigs, so I'm not really big on Purist stuff, but Hobbestimus, LOVE that Lois Lane. Great choices for her. And I like your other choices too. Nice stuff!

Hey! Heres a idea: First paint the wings from the ten doller Batman set brown, then paint the old vempire hair brown,

next use the cms6 minitour chest, the cms werewolf head and legs. And there you have a custom Man-Bat! :sweet: Or

you could wait for the monster fighter set with Bat creatures in it. :sceptic:

Nice work, Hobbestimus. I'm not a big fan of mixing yellows with fleshies, so I'll have to see if I can make fleshie versions of those figs. The Movie X-Men are pretty spot-on though! :thumbup:

Hey! Heres a idea: First paint the wings from the ten doller Batman set brown, then paint the old vempire hair brown, next use the cms6 minitour chest, the cms werewolf head and legs. And there you have a custom Man-Bat! :sweet:

I think you're missing the point of this thread... :hmpf_bad:

I don't have the parts to make this figure, but I think for a generic HYDRA soldier, you could use this head, this torso, plain black legs, and a weapon of your choosing. For Codename: Bravo from the Captain America comics, I used this for the hair, Hawkeye's face (glasses side), torso, and legs, and dark red arms.