sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I don't know, it is certainly a good idea to have a generalised one, but we are 232 pages in and if we opened it up we would lose so many great designs - it already takes forever to look back at old designs without tons more random ones on top of that. Personally I think that a general one would be better separately! 

There already threads for other themes, they just don’t get used much and you have to dig to find them.

8 hours ago, Legoman0120 said:

Unpopular opinion. I’ve been on here for a bit now, and I think we should make this just a purist figure page not just superheroes. Cause where else would you post them? Im probably gonna be rejected but whatever lol.

We already have a thread for Purist TV/Movie Figures and one for Purist Movie/game figures, along with ones for Purist Star Wars Figures and Purist Mighty Micros Figures. As said, they are used way less than this one, but they do exist.

Were you thinking of other categories?

Over on the Collectable Minifigure Series 20 Discussion topic, @Huigberts Builds mentioned how the new Cool Yellow recolor of Hermione's hairpiece introduced for the Pajama Girl CMF might work well for Supergirl...

On 2/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

Only might pick up Bunny Pajama girl because I can use the Hermione hair in that colour for Supergirl and the pirate's hair/hat combo could work for Elizabeth Swan. 

That's a pretty good idea if you ask me, as it'd particularly work well for a roughly purist take on the current look sported by the CW's Supergirl... :shrug_oh_well:

LEGO-Toy-Fair-New-York-Collectible-Minifigures-6-1024x683.jpgSupergirl-505-5-600x429.jpg

53 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on the Collectable Minifigure Series 20 Discussion topic, @Huigberts Builds mentioned how the new Cool Yellow recolor of Hermione's hairpiece introduced for the Pajama Girl CMF might work well for Supergirl...

That's a pretty good idea if you ask me, as it'd particularly work well for a roughly purist take on the current look sported by the CW's Supergirl... :shrug_oh_well:

As soon as I saw it, just thought about @Ashnflash's Crisis CMF

Here's a parts list I put together for a CW Supergirl:

Hair - Bunny Pajama Girl CMF's hair 

Head - Jyn Erso's Head (Can be improved if anyone can think of a better one)

Torso - Justice League or Man of Steel Superman Torso

Legs - These legs

Red Cape

If anyone can think of improvements, let me know

Edited by Brick Guru

Hello, does anyone have something for Ras al Ghul (Liam neeson version from batman begins)

I just need head and hair 

thanks

Given that I’ve recently had the time to put some thought into it, I’ve been working on a Doom Patrol lineup. Embedding photos isn’t my forte, so hopefully this works.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Darn it I’ve uploaded it to my underused Flickr, same user name

On 4/28/2020 at 12:34 PM, DeCommander96 said:

Hello, does anyone have something for Ras al Ghul (Liam neeson version from batman begins)

I just need head and hair 

thanks

Boromir's head, medium nougat Hair Combed Front to Rear

For anyone interested, Kardue'sai'Malloc (the Devaronian) from the UCS Cantina set has a torso that would work pretty well for a purist Mako from The Legend of Korra.

I guess it's probably better to post it here than in the superhero's rumors thread, so here we go. I started redesigning the brickbuilt wings that came with one of the recent Vulture figures to be  more comic accurate. The figure's torso print seems to be inline with the Ultimate universe version of the character, so I took a bit of inspiration from that.In terms of sizing each wing is 3 studs smaller horizontally, and the backpack thing has been completely removed in favor of one of those back pieces with the 2 pin holes and a couple of mixel balls plugged into them. I'd like to bring the feather tiles in a bit closer, maybe one stud under the rounded plate would be ideal, but it's still a work in progress. C&C always welcome :).

50573186327_1af35abb75_h.jpg

Here are some parts lists for various Spider-Man villains:

Lizard:

Headgear: Lizard Man

Head: Orca

Extra Attachment: Lizard Man tail

Torso: 2015 Dr. Wu (White Lab Coat)

Hands: Bright Green

Legs: Professor Frink

Bonus: Use Bruce Banner head and hairpiece 62810 to turn into Dr. Connors

Morbius

Hair: 88283 (Black)

Head: Lord Vampyre

Collar: Zurg

Torso: 2019 Voldemort (Rise of Voldemort)

Hips: Stone Army Warrior, Red Face

Legs: Black

Hydro-Man

Hair: 98385 (Reddish Brown)

Head: Mirkwood Elf

Torso: Juniors Mr. Freeze

Arms: Dark Bluish Gray

Hands: Blue

Hips: Dark Bluish Gray

Legs: Blue

Molten Man

Hair: Zane Echo

Head: Lloyd (Golden Ninja)

Torso: Atlantis Temple Statue

Legs: Pearl Gold

Hammerhead

Hair: Flat Top (Black)

Head: Bifur

Torso: Alien Conquest Businessman

Hands: Light Nougat

Legs: Dark Blue

Chameleon

Head: CMF Voldemort

Torso: Classic TV Bruce Wayne

Legs: Dark Blue

More to be added...

Edited by spiderfan2000

Can anyone suggest which fig various would be the best if I wanted to re-create the various heroes in the "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon series?