sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Thanks, The-Hulk! If you have any brilliant ideas for the members I'm missing, I'd love to hear them. I so badly want to do a Molly minifig but her penchant for animal hats has me stumped. Likewise, there's no head for Xavin in her human female guise, or the right hair for Gert. I guess Klara could be easily done because she's so nondescript.

I'll let you know if I think of anything, but I'm just as stumped as you are. Nothing stands out as perfect for the characters.

Would it be possible to stack two lord garmadon's arms on top of each other to make ai apaic as spiderman?

I don't believe so, the rigid shell on the front acts like armor, so they wouldn't stack successfully. It may be possible to remove the arms and put them on backward, but I still have doubts. Even if it did work it would more than likely be overly large; Garmadon himself looks quite big with just one.

Here's my version of Ivan Vanko from the Monaco race track scene in Iron Man 2.

* image *

And a shot of the back:

* image *

That's awesome! Love how you did the whips

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

I don't believe so, the rigid shell on the front acts like armor, so they wouldn't stack successfully. It may be possible to remove the arms and put them on backward, but I still have doubts. Even if it did work it would more than likely be overly large; Garmadon himself looks quite big with just one.

Nevermind,I've got a new and purist method, although his bottom two arms will have to be robot arms.

Nevermind,I've got a new and purist method, although his bottom two arms will have to be robot arms.

Mind sharing?

Hello again folks,

With the new superheroes line of lego, im looking at making a taskmaster minifig. I've decided a few parts so far and i am a purist so i need help with a few parts.

So far the parts im certain of are:

torso: Part 973pb379c01

legs: Part 970c00pb023

cape : Part 522

I need help looking for a white hood, does anyone know of any in existance? test pieces etc?

Also, which would be a more appropriate head?

head:Part 3626bpx115 or

head:Part 3626bpb269

Cant wait for suggestions or help,

thanks.

Thought I'd share my purist Banner. I think the Frodo head works perfectly.

*snip*

THANK YOU!

This is a really good suggestion :sweet:

I was about to ask if anyone could suggest a good head for a Bruce Banner fig. It's a good thing I checked out the older posts first :tongue:

I also want to complement Writers Blocks on his Clark Kent purist, truly excellent :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

I need help looking for a white hood, does anyone know of any in existance? test pieces etc?

Unfortunately, nope, that doesn't exist. Your best bet is probably to paint a hood white. :classic:

Unfortunately, nope, that doesn't exist. Your best bet is probably to paint a hood white. :classic:

Im a purist so the idea of painting parts hurts my soul a little and i die every time i do it.

Regardless thanks for the info guys.

CorneliusMurdock, which set is the Frodo-head from you used for a Bruce Banner fig?

'cause I just purchased the Gandalf Arrives set, and both of Frodo's faces look different than the one you used.

Which means I might have to give Bricklink a try...

Also, I'd like to say something about Writers Blocks's suggestion for a Clark Kent-fig (no offense, I'm just really nitpicking).

The curl of Superman's hair does fit perfectly over Harry's scar, however, as my sister pointed out, Clark Kent has entirely different hair than Superman does...

So for a nitpicker like me, I guess I'll just have to wait till TLC brings out an official Clark Kent :classic:

Regards,

Mitch

Also, I'd like to say something about Writers Blocks's suggestion for a Clark Kent-fig (no offense, I'm just really nitpicking).

The curl of Superman's hair does fit perfectly over Harry's scar, however, as my sister pointed out, Clark Kent has entirely different hair than Superman does...

So for a nitpicker like me, I guess I'll just have to wait till TLC brings out an official Clark Kent :classic:

I'm not offended by nitpicking. The thing about an 80-year-old character is that different artists/actors portray the character in different ways. So yes, sometimes Clark and Superman have different hair, but sometimes the only difference is the lack of glasses (and the addition of the costume, of course).

In my current LEGO adaptation, Clark and Superman have the same hair.

That Frodo head comes in Weathertop and Shelob attack :thumbup:

Thanks for that! Good to know it comes in Shelob Attacks as well, that one I can still manage :classic:

@Writers Blocks:

I know, you're absolutely right.

I mean, if I'd think any further I could complain all the way back to how people can't see the difference between Clark and Supes just because a pair of glasses was added/removed and the hair is different, so...

Your suggestion is still incredibly genius :wink:

On another (and more on topic again :innocent: ) note..

Does anyone have any ideas for general S.H.I.E.L.D officers or something? 'cause I got a nice 'helicarrier' with empty chairs and everything :grin:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

ion is still incredibly genius :wink:

On another (and more on topic again :innocent: ) note..

Does anyone have any ideas for general S.H.I.E.L.D officers or something? 'cause I got a nice 'helicarrier' with empty chairs and everything :grin:

Regards,

Mitch

I've seen some Alpha Team torsos used before which looked pretty good.

Interesting.

Do you happen to know which line of the Alpha Team-theme that was?

Mission Deep Sea I think, since they had blue torsos, like Dash and Cam below who I think would have the most useful ones since the others had a bit of more color (though Charge and Flex didn't have too much). Cam has a bit of yellow showing, but it's so little I think it will hardly matter when looking from a distance.

Alp017.jpgCam3.jpg

You don't need to use the Superman hair, the classic Lego hair covers Harry's scar just fine:

7580437518_1ea924bc4a_c.jpg

Secret Identity by Hobbestimus, on Flickr

7580446684_8b74108780_c.jpg

Clark and Lois by Hobbestimus, on Flickr

Thanks for your replies, Superficial Username and Hobbestimus :sweet:

Those Alpha Team outfits look really suitable indeed :thumbup: I'll look those up in Bricklink sometime soon :classic:

And Hobbestimus, you're right. I guess I could just take a look at which other hairs might work as well :wink:

Regards,

Mitch