sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Speaking of Loki, I think I've found the perfect head for this kind of look. The side on the left of this picture:

3626cpb730.jpg

Haven't found the angry look yet, but my search isn't over yet!

You might be interested to know that Superman's hairpiece covers Harry's scar perfectly. Makes ya wonder if TLG did that on purpose, eh?

Nice, I can stop using Brasso to remove it by hand. :wink:

Nice, I can stop using Brasso to remove it by hand. :wink:

HAHAHA! I'm too OCD for that. I'll remove the scar from my extra Harry Potter heads even if the hair piece covers it. Of course it's not visible, but I'll know it's there and it'll bother me.

Some really neat customs on here. I'll have to try some of these, as I have no actual customization skills to speak of.

Looking at the new bios for the CMF S8, I realized that the torso of the Evil Robot would make a great start for an Iron Man stealth armor! :sweet: Might be hard to find a good purist helmet/head though... :sceptic:

Also, the Businessman with Harry Potter's hands and head would make a great B:TAS-style Clock King, and the Downhill Skier would make a pretty good Mr.Freeze henchgirl, although you may have to exchange her head too if you don't want Yellows among your Superhero figs, probably Catwoman's head or a regular female head with Han Solo's Hoth hood on.

Here's my LEGO version of some members of my favorite super team - Marvel's Runaways. The Runaways are perfect for a purist translation because they don't wear costumes.

In the pic below (from left to right): Old Lace, Chase Stein (w/ fistigons), Karolina Dean (doing her Lucy in the Sky thing), Nico Minoru (w/ the Staff of One) and Victor Mancha.

[snip]

Still hoping for the right pieces to make Gert, Xavin and my favorite Runaway, Molly.

I love your runaways so much, they're my favourite thing in this whole topic. The dinosaur is genius. And purist!

Might have to make a bricklink order just for this.

Edited by The-Hulk

Here is Wolverine from "Days of Future Past."

rsz_photo.jpg

Prety sweet bro I like it,you could also try to paint his hair a bit for he can look a bit older.In the cartoon he had some white hair or grey I cant remember.

Prety sweet bro I like it,you could also try to paint his hair a bit for he can look a bit older.In the cartoon he had some white hair or grey I cant remember.

But that'd defeat the object of being purist! :tongue:

I've actually had some customs laying around for a while now, plus some ideas for others. But after seeing this thread I decided to finally make some of those ideas. :classic:

Doc Ock from Spiderman 2:

p1060241.jpg

The lizard (I know this guy's been done many times before, but I just made him for the heck of it):

p1060242.jpg

Red Skull:

p1060243.jpg

And Alfred:

p1060244.jpg

Red Skull:

*snip*

Exactly the parts I was going to use for him. Glad that I can now see that he looks really good. :wub:

Also the Lizard would look more accurate with just a black shirt on instead of the reptile suit one. That's what I did with mine and am very happy with it :thumbup: All your other ones look good though!

Exactly the parts I was going to use for him. Glad that I can now see that he looks really good. :wub:

Thanks! Great minds think alike! :sweet:

i would recomend putting the cape on lizard under the tail.

Also the Lizard would look more accurate with just a black shirt on instead of the reptile suit one. That's what I did with mine and am very happy with it :thumbup: All your other ones look good though!

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried them and it does look better. :thumbup:

This is the the first little group of Purist villains I made for Spidey!

7748044752_bc58c19957_m.jpg

Only real one of note is Jack O'Lantern in the middle. He was difficult to come up with but I think it works out pretty good. If only TLG would give us better olive green minifig parts :hmpf_bad:

Sorry for picture quality, I only have an Iphone to use...

Edited by Spider-Man

*snip*

Is the Lizard's labcoat purist? I don't really care, but I do want to know how it was done if its not.

Edit: Quote fail. :tongue:

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

It is a LEGO white cape and I saw a few other photos in this section where people have done the same thing so I assumed it was ok :classic:

The way I did it is just cut (which isn't purist) the cape a little above where the two flaps meet, and then I just hold it around the body and poke a pin or anything sharp through the cape and arm hole. I'm sure there is a better way to do it but I don't cut up LEGO that much :grin:

It is a LEGO white cape and I saw a few other photos in this section where people have done the same thing so I assumed it was ok :classic:

The way I did it is just cut (which isn't purist) the cape a little above where the two flaps meet, and then I just hold it around the body and poke a pin or anything sharp through the cape and arm hole. I'm sure there is a better way to do it but I don't cut up LEGO that much :grin:

I thought that may have been the case. Nice idea.. even if its not completely yours.

I'm just gonna put these guys right here.

7783393608_af8a8f8d90_n.jpg

Bloodscream

7783388796_ff831e9b74_n.jpg

Ogun

7783345398_07558521ed_n.jpg

Genesis

7783381926_b352cebaed_n.jpg

Mr. X

Viper

7783377654_32a9a50ce2_n.jpg

Mongul (okay he's not quite purist but whatever)

7783374886_0861cae605_n.jpg

Red Hood

7783370956_0f1e7ea73e_n.jpg

Kane

7783368338_ea416ce721_n.jpg

Maverick

7783363748_6b4ba6e807_n.jpg

Colossuss

7783359926_c7098e1a3e_n.jpg

Sabertooth

7783356108_2769ebdff1_n.jpg

ROM, SPACE KNIGHT

7783355792_c207f5a660_n.jpg

Yellow Wolverine

7783350680_b1d2502b26_n.jpg

Cable, in his Savior outfit thing from Deadpool and Cable

7783355256_21dc1f93d3_n.jpg

Night Thrasher

7783354470_ef0fabcffc_n.jpg

I love your runaways so much, they're my favourite thing in this whole topic. The dinosaur is genius. And purist!

Might have to make a bricklink order just for this.

Thanks, The-Hulk! If you have any brilliant ideas for the members I'm missing, I'd love to hear them. I so badly want to do a Molly minifig but her penchant for animal hats has me stumped. Likewise, there's no head for Xavin in her human female guise, or the right hair for Gert. I guess Klara could be easily done because she's so nondescript.