GRogall

Official LEGO Website for Adults

Seems that TLG. has an official adult website for the toys for the big boys!

Sadly it's German only at the moment! But a nice layout with additional pics not featured on its regular website.

startseite_architecture.png

startseite_exclusive.png

startseite_star_wars.png

startseite_technic.png

Its nice to look at

From what I could tell, it looks pretty funny. Hopefully this comes to other countries soon. I would love to see an English version of it, and how LEGO would market it virally. :sweet:

The concept is brilliant - finally a Lego web site aimed at adults! The color scheme looks good and I like the focus on Lego's premiere models, and I'm really hoping this could boost the ranks of AFOLs.

I have one complaint though, why make it "Lego for men"? While i'm sure that the adult Lego market is dominated by men, there is a surprising number of female AFOLs out there that all seem to be ignored by this website.

Wow, really surprised by this !

I’m really glad they are doing something aimed at Adult LEGO fans but I’m a little puzzled by the wording used here.

I guess they must have carefully considered the words used here but as mentioned here above by fyrmedhatt why “Men” only – isn’t that just plain sexist?

On the other hand what are the alternatives…

• I guess calling it “For Adults” might carry a connotation of “Adult Content”.. which would be completely inappropriate :blush:
  • “For AFOL” … most people would not get it… :wacko:
  • “For grown-ups”, perhaps?

The pictures are great btw and that would be a great site to advertise the Modular Winchester Tavern… just saying. :tongue:

Weird.... just weird. I'll have to ask around to see if this is just a local experiment. :wacko:

I have to agree with Sieggy, that's very weird and quite a non-LEGO type of move.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this.

I had a closer look and this is really intriguing...

There is a Facebook Fan page in English: http://apps.facebook.com/man-of-the-men/

You can invite your contacts for a "duel" - you get evaluated based on some specifications of your FB profile.. here is the list of criteria:

1. Ladies’ man

Which of you knows the most women? Whoever does will get the best score.

2. Leader of the pack

Have your friends ‘liked’ something more times than you can count? Then you’ll definitely be the winner in this category.

3. Trendsetter

Always bombarded with comments on your posts? Then bravo!

4. Globetrotter

Inquisitive, lots of interests and countless hobbies – does this sound like you? Then you’ll win this category as well.

5. Coolness factor

Love showing what you have and what you can do? Preferably with as many pictures as possible? Then you’ll be getting all the points here.

Seriously, how macho is that :laugh: ? I guess this is making very clear why they chose to call it "For Men" it is not an initiative directed at all adult LEGO fans but only a male adult LEGO fans!

Another strange thing, there is a section of the site named "The Next Big Thing" where people can vote for the set they would like to see produced..

There seems to be some kind of link with CUUSOO and some of the ideas listed are familiar - the Delorean, the Serenity Spaceship, Star Trek...

Where are they going with this?

default_hmpf.gif :sheesh:

Well they're clearly not bothered about gender stereotyping are they!

I find the game a pretty poor user experience. Very confusing and bad oversights like a broken link to the products! Doesn't really improve LEGO's online brand quality for me.

Yatkuu I can't find this page you're talking about, voting for products?

Edited by caperberry

What the you-know-what ? :wacko:

Where are the city sets or even the up coming LOTR (in a way especially the LOTR) ? *oh2*

Looking at it, I don't think it will last at all ! :hmpf:

Where are the city sets or even the up coming LOTR (in a way especially the LOTR) ? *oh2*

not "Man" enough I guess... :laugh:

The concept is brilliant - finally a Lego web site aimed at adults! The color scheme looks good and I like the focus on Lego's premiere models, and I'm really hoping this could boost the ranks of AFOLs.

I have one complaint though, why make it "Lego for men"? While i'm sure that the adult Lego market is dominated by men, there is a surprising number of female AFOLs out there that all seem to be ignored by this website.

Oh boy...just wait till SPARK gets word of this. :tongue::hmpf:

So is it actually a real LEGO site or just something someone has made up to look like one? I had a quick look but it just did not seem LEGOy enough to me Sur it has the big sets but photos of them are everywhere over the net. Also the thing about being just for men does not seem liket a thing they would do? I know we have had adverts in the UK for things that have a very gender biased theme, (Yorkie and Lynx spring to mind.) but these are both quite different from LEGO. It just does not feel real.

This site is online for around 2 years now, so this isn't a new site.

There was already a topic about it in the EB Technic forum (if I remember correctly) and there was a post about it on TechnicBricks (because first, it was only about Technic models).

As far as I know this is a real TLG website.

Edited by legolijntje

It's a nice looking site, wish it was available in English. Maybe someday!

:classic:

Google Chrome will translate it for you.

Google Chrome will translate it for you.

Yeah of course, but I'd have to translate every time I visit :laugh:

1 hour ago, BigMen said:

I think that adults do not need to go to the Lego website, but to the adult dating site)

Hah sick burn. Necrobump allowed.

Wait, I'm an adult. Ban them.