Duke of wellington

LEGO Napoleonic Wars

update 3rd may- have persuaded my cuusoo contact to do a theme for this go down for more info pg 2 and 3

Are you sick and tired of customizingour figs and spending hours and hours of making sets. Well Im going to put a project onto lego cuusoo. So we could be able to pick up 2 english and 2 french marine from the shops. If we work together we could do this. It wouldn be great if could give me ideas or put up pic for sets that we could have.

Edited by Duke of wellington

Maybe you could market it using the picture of LEGO:Europa, a theme that LEGO was going to make, but stopped before any sets were made. It was based around the same period, if you make this I will definitely support it.

749px-Europa.png

:jollyroger:

I saw where you are making the Battle of Waterloo for Lego Napoleonic Wars. Would a two ship Battle of Trafalgar be a good set, too.

I am fed up of using those decals too. maybe Lego didn't release Europa because it was too much a crossover of Pirates and castle? I support the idea because its an interesting period. You could have all sorts of factions from the Napoleonic period.

Absolutely, I want it, but it'd have to be generic and fantastical or nothing at all, for LEGO would never make modern warfare nation-conflict sets. :pir-sceptic: Even in the generic classic pirates sets, the Redcoats and Bluecoats are never shown in direct conflict.

I am fed up of using those decals too. maybe Lego didn't release Europa because it was too much a crossover of Pirates and castle? I support the idea because its an interesting period. You could have all sorts of factions from the Napoleonic period.

Europa was before Pirates, and it became Pirates because it tested better with children. Also, they probably thought it was too "conflict-oriented." :pirate_sad2: If I remember right, the shako hat mould, which was inaccurate and not used in the Age of Piracy, was created for Europa, probably for the British, judging by LEGO's shako shape (narrows as it goes up, whilst French shakos get wider).

The main thing is: I don't think any kids in LEGO's target age range have any knowledge or understanding of the Napo Wars. Show them a policeman or Cap'n America, and they say, "Yay! Gimme!" Show them a minifigure of Charles Pierre François Augereau, and they won't say, "Yay! He was the 1st Duke of Castiglione!" :pir_laugh2:

So in the meantime I'll just have to keep using my buddy Hound Knight's amazing decals that look very spiffy and like real LEGO designs. :pir-sweet:

Edited by Napoleon53

Absolutely, I want it, but it'd have to be generic and fantastical or nothing at all, for LEGO would never make modern warfare nation-conflict sets. :pir-sceptic: Even in the generic classic pirates sets, the Redcoats and Bluecoats are never shown in direct conflict.

Europa was before Pirates, and it became Pirates because it tested better with children. Also, they probably thought it was too "conflict-oriented." :pirate_sad2:

The main thing is: I don't think any kids in LEGO's target age range have any knowledge or understanding of the Napo Wars. Show them a policeman or Cap'n America, and they say, "Yay! Gimme!" Show them a minifigure of Charles Pierre François Augereau, and they won't say, "Yay! He was the 1st Duke of Castiglione!" :pir_laugh2:

So in the meantime I'll just have to keep using my buddy Hound Knight's amazing decals. :pir-sweet:

As much as I hate saying this, you got a very good point.

Really, when you think about it, Classic Castle was the only theme to ever have generic humans pitted against generic humans. After that, all conflict sets have had good guys versus robbers, pirates, robots, monsters, and scumbags. Sure, some kids probably used the pirates as lovable villains, or even thought of the Imperials as being like the Spanish soldiers in Zorro, forcing people to turn outlaw, but most I'm sure had the soldiers sink the pirates--I know I did. Plus, bullets seem to be out in almost all themes, even if I think death by medieval halberd is a much more painful way for a fig to die. :pir-tongue: So LEGO would never make a set depicting Napoleonic-style mass slaughter, such as a firing line, or even show peaceful box art that makes kids think about using it for such nefarious purposes. :pir-laugh: If LEGO made a fantasy-style Napo theme, with generic factions like the red and bluecoats, it would get watered down and turned into unrecognizable nonsense, I fear, or turned into another monster versus wonderfully good white-hatted good-guys. :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Napoleon53

I don't personally like this time period or know any kids that know when it was... kids like medieval and pirate then skip 150 years to wild west, then straight to space. It's just a weird time period. I think the renaissance would be a waaay better idea. I also don't think they would ever use the name napoleon. They haven't used any other historical people like that, to my knowledge. There has never been any specific countries in the war themes...

jollyroger.gif

Well i have the ifs so picking another ship up for the french would not be too hard.

Maybe lego pirates can have 2 subthemes 1 Brits fighting pirates and French vs pirates you could ad islanders in and have a cool

Edited by Duke of wellington

You can just make your own Nappy-style theme by combining Castle with Pirates. Throw in some collectible minifig musketeers here and there and VOILA!

LEGO would never do a theme revolving around a real life war.

We just need Russell Crowe to do another Master and Commander movie :-D

I think that Napoleonic is too hard of a theme for children to understand. They probably couldn't tell Napoleon apart from Wellington. :bonaparte:

However, looking at the Europa theme, I think that LEGO could do a theme with soldiers saving civilians from bandits, burglars, and highwaymen. The soldiers could have any color coat, like the new Ninja theme. Such as greencoats in the woods, bluecoats near the sea, redcoats in town, etc.

Well i have the ifs so picking another ship up for the french would not be too hard.

Maybe lego pirates can have 2 subthemes 1 Brits fighting pirates and French vs pirates you could ad islanders in and have a cool themWE AFOLS ARE BIG BUYERS OF LEGO IF WE DO A PETITION MAYBE SOME THING WOULD HAPPEN I WOULD LOVE RED VS BLUE WITH CAVALRY and artillery

Why are you yelling at us?

I think that he thinks that if he yells at us, he gets his theme.... :pir-hmpf_bad:

I agree whit Hive, even that the idea is good, its never gonna happen. :imperialguard_commander1:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Oh don't you know? Using caps on the internet is a universally proven and accepted way to assert that your opinion is better and more important than that of others. Perhaps you just didn't read the memo.

I think that Napoleonic is too hard of a theme for children to understand. They probably couldn't tell Napoleon apart from Wellington. :bonaparte:

However, looking at the Europa theme, I think that LEGO could do a theme with soldiers saving civilians from bandits, burglars, and highwaymen. The soldiers could have any color coat, like the new Ninja theme. Such as greencoats in the woods, bluecoats near the sea, redcoats in town, etc.

Actually, that's an awesome ideal. AFOL would buy it because of soldiers and the kids would buy because they always like a simple, easy-to-understand good-guy vs. bad-guy thing. You could call the soldiers Royal Soldiers or the King's Forest, Town, and Sea Soldiers.

Actually, that's an awesome ideal. AFOL would buy it because of soldiers and the kids would buy because they always like a simple, easy-to-understand good-guy vs. bad-guy thing. You could call the soldiers Royal Soldiers or the King's Forest, Town, and Sea Soldiers.

And I think I found one AFOL who agrees already :wink:

Sacre bleu! Zo many posts while I try to type moi own! To ze guillotine with you! :pir-tongue:

You can just make your own Nappy-style theme by combining Castle with Pirates. Throw in some collectible minifig musketeers here and there and VOILA!

LEGO would never do a theme revolving around a real life war.

Actually, Musketeers were late 1600's, during the reign of Louis the Sun King, fully a hundred years before I, Corsican Ogre, raged and raped Europe. :pir_laugh2: The CMF Musketeers are more Renaissance-y.

We just need Russell Crowe to do another Master and Commander movie :-D

*crosses fingers* Yes, please! :pir-sweet:

I totally agree. I didn't know when Napoleon lived till late in elementary school, and my homeschool company went to world history faster (learned about WWI in detail in 2nd Grade) than public school books usually do, so that says something.

This theme idea could work, as long as the soldiers look somewhat accurate, like the old pirates troops. Napoleonic Ninjago? Uh, no thanks, monsieur. :pir-wink:

Edited by Napoleon53

I really think this could be a Lego theme. But how would we make it a theme, through Cuusoo?

Commander Law

I really think this could be a Lego theme. But how would we make it a theme, through Cuusoo?

Commander Law

Yeah, through Cuusoo, but it'd have to be REALLY well-presented to get votes, otherwise people would think it was just castle with gunpowder and funny outfits.

Well 1 I wasn't shouting i had caps lock on 2nd I can get tons of supports because I know someone who would do it and he has 650 supports and a comment i will ask him

Why did you have caps on? On the internet, caps means shouting...

Actually, Musketeers were late 1600's, during the reign of Louis the Sun King, fully a hundred years before I, Corsican Ogre, raged and raped Europe. :pir_laugh2: The CMF Musketeers are more Renaissance-y.

The figs still have good parts that could be used for such a theme, no matter what you call the figs.

Are you guys actually expecting LEGO to ever do anything that's 100 % historically accurate?