Sign in to follow this  
trooper 278

Y-wing

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody,

Today I would like to present you my Lego Y-wing.

This model is based on Lego UCS version 10134 Y-wing. Lego has done really good job designing it and I thought I could improve it a little bit (hope I have succeeded).

So much for the introduction, now let´s look at the pictures!

80424440.png

44033139.png

55669646.png

45806070.jpg

Comments are welcomed.

good work,

That with the jetdrive you have solved well.

greetings

markus

I am guessing here but you don't have the actual set right? If that is the case then it is a pretty good MOC. :thumbup:

If you are working from the original UCS set (which was amazing anyway! :wub: ) then I have to agree with some of the others and you have made it worse not better.

Great work. The second picture looked odd, like that Y-wing was flying sideway at high rate of speed. :D

I thought that as well. I do agree the actual set was better, but still better than any of my mocs.

I do like the detail you put into it. :classic:

Though not screen accurate it does look like a Rebel technician could easily have modified an existing Y-Wing to perform some new role.

Not bad Y-wing 'Trooper 278' :classic: , by the looks of your Y-wing it's seen many a Rebel mechanic right ? :laugh:

Is this a single seater or twin seater ? :wink:

Thanks guys,

well I know it is not as good as official lego set (in the fact I wouldn ´t even want it to be, because rebel fleet wasn´t perfect right? :D), but I thought I could bring back the "classic feeling" of star wars, my apologise if I have failed in that....

to lightningtiger- yes it has :D, it is single seater.

Cheers

Luke

I can see a lot of your signature SNOTing in this creation, which isn't bad except for the fact that it could be a bit less studded in certain areas. Both Gareth's and OceanBlue's UCS Y-wings used prefab rounded corner pieces for the engine nacelles. More on this later.

Proportions are the other major issue to be addressed. There's a good ortho shot of Gold Five (actually Gold Two) here.

Edited by Ishv-viss-j