Sign in to follow this  
Gory51

LDD MOC : Mini Walker Mech

As mentioned in the introduction thread, here is my first MOC, a small mini walker Mech. It was actually built physically first, then recreated in LDD

I call it the Rooikat ( pronounced Roy-Cut with a rolling rrr sound )

I have just started collecting Lego, but like to be creative so here goes

rooikat_scout_mech.jpg.jpg

Rooikat Scout Mech.lxf

Edited by Gory51

Well welcome to not to only Eurobricks, but the additively awesome hobby of MOCing!

Though why create in real life then make a virtual one?

Real ones are more fun... you can play with them :laugh:

For a first MOC that's pretty awesome! Some nice joints connections you're using there.

Though He seems to be missing a big honking gun. Maybe put one on those shoulder where you have the modified plate?

Thank for the tips. I will look into those points. I was trying to make both arms into guns though but they do need some work ;).

Anyway you are so right when you say this is addictive. I cant stop looking at Lego creations and thinking what i should save for next. :)

EDIT: Also to answer the question. I like to create in real life and virtually. But my idea here is that I built it, and wanted to "save it" so to speak. If I make the LDD version I can save the mech, and build plans for later use if I ever take this one apart. ;)

Edited by Gory51

Great articulation! I would suggest using trans-black or trans-clear for the cheese-slope cockpit, but otherwise it's superb!

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it is a good idea. When I started this I first chose the transparent blue cheese wedge as a starting point as it was one of the pieces I had in my small parts box. I had no idea where the creation was going, or which colours I would use at that time, hence the odd bit of colour here and there.

I have also modified it slightly now.....upper arms and swapped out an arm cannon. Here is Version2

rooikat_v2.jpg

Pretty cool MOC! I like how the body (appears) to be on a swivel plate giving it more articulation. One thing I think you could change is the legs though. Something does not look right about it. The body however, is wonderful along with the arms. Very articulated and cool looking MOC!

I might change the feet, to be narrow, but I am not sure it would be stable enough. Have you seen it in LDD? The pics I posted do not do it justice. In LDD it has a nice pose.

I also do have a swivel plate in there. I made a mistake on the first pic and swivel the brick itself on the plate, but I corrected that in the second picture.

Thanks for the feedback :)

That’s an awesome little Mech with some great details! I used to play the game Front Mission and that’s what this reminds me of. Keep um coming! :wub: