Sign in to follow this  
Surduk

w.i.p. moc destroyed while moving to new apartment

7029131587_f3360aeaa2_n.jpg

7029135451_4c1cc4af2d_n.jpg

galeries: Mocpages

Flickr

Alchemy Laboratory settled in Ivory Tower..

This moc was to be one of the 3 mocs I was making for Classic castle contest, Hero category. It would be the place where hero gets info about her quest. At one point I decided not to participate in contest because moc grew rapidly while end date for participating in contest come nearer and just didn't have enough time. After contest ended I simply wasn't under date pressure so I put mocking aside for a while. Fortunately I made some w.i.p. photos with mobile phone to show them to some friends. Unfortunately I took just a few moments for every photo (people were waiting on Skype), so photos are really bad...who could tell it would be crashed to pieces before it was finished... So, this one goes to sorting bin. As alchemy tables remained whole I decided to remake this moc, but this time on smaller scale (32x32).. I just hope it will be finished until summer :/. I also have 3 more unfinished mocs which I started to build after I registered here (another two scenes for Hero category and long forgotten micro scale moc (currently 48x48 of planned 48x96) which waits sadly to be finished), but I'm not sure if it is smart to put them online while I read somewhere that sometimes people get annoyed by spamming with w.i.p. pictures and no finished mocs..

Anyhow, it is something more than a year that I returned from dark ages and I wish my free time grew as my collection grew over past year. Thanks for your time, guys, I just thought I have to explain myself to somebody :3

That was a really awesome build! Too bad you didn't get more pics. Good luck on the remake...:thumbup:

This looks very cool! It's too bad that it was destroyed, because those white walls are breathtaking! I guess now it could be an ancient Laboratory?

Bad car!(or whatever transportation was used) That was an awesome tower! The little bits and details are crazy. Just great. Hopefully it's salvageable and we can see it in all it's glory.

Whew! That is really cool o.O

I hope you manage to get it back together.

How'd you manage to get the white rails for windows? I've seen it done multiple times, and I have never tried it.

Wow! That's pretty big. Shame it was damaged. :sceptic: Still, it doesn't look entirely unrepairable to me, so good luck with repairing it! :thumbup:

That's an impressive build. Too bad it got damaged while moving, however, it's still pretty impressive with the cracks reminiscent of some earthquake damage. Wish you good luck with the remake of this amazing MOC!

Thank you all for support and sympathys! Remake is already on it's way :)

How'd you manage to get the white rails for windows?

I used headlights or technic brick + half pin, depending on offset. Google for "Lego SNOT techniques" or simply improvise with those pieces :)