Warspite03

Caribbean Clipper MOC

[pid][/pid] 128C

While there are so many nice looking ships that have been built for the bluecoats, I decided to stick with the classic Lego ship look and build them a new ship that is capable of taking on any pirate ship and the IFS. I kept some of the CC's features such as the prow, and overall color scheme. I also used some the features from the BSB, such as the midships railing and deck, and the upper deck. Since I ran out of the one plate for mounting sails on the classic masts, I had to use some masts from the QAR. I also switch to the QAR hull as I did not have enough middle hull plates. She will be given a set of new all blue sails, with 3 on the fore and main mast. But for now, here is the Caribbean Clipper (Galleon).

CaribbeanClipper10.jpg

CaribbeanClipper9.jpg

CaribbeanClipper11.jpg

CaribbeanClipper12.jpg

CaribbeanClipper4.jpg

CaribbeanClipper13.jpg

CaribbeanClipper2.jpg

CaribbeanClipper5.jpg

CaribbeanClipper7.jpg

Nice ship! Even though it's not exactly clear to me what kind of ship it is.

It's called C. Clipper, you call it a galleon, and to me it looks like a barque.

But it doesn't matter a lot, I just had some doubt in which index I needed to place it. Good job anyway!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

(...)

I decided to stick with the classic Lego ship look

(...)

and you made it, well done, nice MOC, more bluecoat muscle :thumbup:

Nice ship! Even though it's not exactly clear to me what kind of ship it is.

It's called C. Clipper, you call it a galleon, and to me it looks like a barque.

But it doesn't matter a lot, I just had some doubt in which index I needed to place it. Good job anyway!

I'm honored that you would index this ship, thanks! You bring up a good point on the classification. I went with a galleon mostly because of the high stern castle and I don't recall barques having large cabins like that. It could also fall into the sloop of war category as well. :pir-grin:

and you made it, well done, nice MOC, more bluecoat muscle :thumbup:

Much obliged, good sir.

Nice ship, the dark brown looks great but the a great disadvantage of the QAR hull is that the stern looks terrible.

The upper part of the cabin looks a bit odd I think.

The Caribbean Clipper was the first, and only, "large" LEGO ship my brother and I got when we were kids, and I still regret having to give it away when I went into my first dark age during High School.... :pir_bawling:

That said, I really love your "updated" version: It captures the overall look of the original and even adds to the overall design, making it even better than before! Good job, there! :thumbup: