Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

MOC: 2-6-0 Ivatt Class4 "Mogul"

...but I could, so whatever :wink:

As this version is the predecessor to the 2-6-0 Standard 4MT, I wanted to get it built for them to double head together.

"Just a few minor changes to my 4MT" I thought, but how wrong I was!

Its basically been a complete rebuild from chassis upwards ....I think the only thing the same is the front pony truck and the basic boiler design.

Major changes include higher and thinner running boards, new valve gear mechanism, different cab and underboard pipework plus a totally different tender, although on initial first glance the 2 engines appear almost identical.

Link to original proto

eb1.jpg

eb2.jpg

eb3.jpg

eb4.jpg

eb5.jpg

A beautiful engine 'Brictrix' you have created here....cool detailing including the pin striping. :wub:

Keep up the cool work and Brick On 'Bricktrix' ! :grin:

Amazing! default_thumbup.gif I wish I could be as accurate in detailingdefault_wacko.gif A question though: are the thingies holding the modified bars/antennas on the boiler mini fig hands?

Really impressive BT. This must have taken quite a bit of work. I'm loving the engine's wheel assembly. Incredibly detailed engine down to the slant of the back section of the boiler! The grey steam pipes are a nice touch as well. :thumbup:

EDIT: front-paged!

Kewl thank you Brickster :classic:

Yeah it took a lot of work, as do all my builds :wink: If something doesnt take me long to finish, I personally think I've not put enough effort into it and I'll be able to do better if I invest more time.

Plus building at work is always at double speed so its nice to be able to spend some slower time on my own stuff to relax when I get chance to at home.

Frank, thank you and yes they are minifig hands holding the hand rail in place. The stem of the hand fits just nicely into the gap created by the stud recesses on the bottom of macaronis and 4x4 round bricks when they are all joined together

Once again, I'll need to download the high-res pictures and study your build as closely as possible in hopes I'd manage to learn something.

Awesome job - as usual!

I agree with what the others have said - this is another great build, like we've learned to expect from you. That piping and the red stripes really add to the realism of the model. Every time you post a new creation I keep thinking that you're going to have a hard time trying to top it, but still you manage to come up with something new and awesome...

Another question: what are you using to model the various steam/air/water pipes? I can see some 3 mm rigid hose, but for the rest, I can only imagine some heavy DIYing...

The more I look the more I learn. default_blush.gif Your piston design is much simpler and more effective than any I saw... There is nor rod that gets stuck inside the cylinder! default_laugh_new.gif

Fantastic work Bricktrix! A superbly detailed steamer. I watched the video on the mechanics of this running and it is nothing short of amazing! Wonderful job on this and the others default_classic.gif

Don't have enough words to express my feelings while looking at this MOC!

How much I have to work for improving myself to build anything like this?! *oh2*

Top notch work as always Carl, I love to see how far you push yourself with each successive loco with the level of detail that you pour into them, this one really takes the cake and is as good as any O Gauge model.

Thank you all again for the comments :sweet:

Dave, praise indeed thank you mate. Its probably more like how much I refrain myself from the detail with these builds, I bit my lip on this one thinking this was too much and left off a great deal of other pipework.

Frank, yes some heavy DIY-ing, hence the subtitle "maybe a step too far"

I treat any form of LEGO antennas in the same way that a few official sets have treated 3mm tube, i.e. cut and bent.

I dont recommend others do this as its against the ethos of LEGO being a re-usable building medium.

But it started out as I had broken so many antennas by treading on them, etc in my youth and making use of the broken parts in my elder years, purely for my own taste, When I see a build go so far, I see how much better it would look if I changed 3mm tube to thinner dia pipes like the technic flex rods, etc, thus a devil was born.

I cant do stuff like this with work builds, so I tend to take it out on my personal models :wink: plus I justify it to myself as I may get 3 or 4 different uses from 1 long antenna now.

My next couple of models will be much more "legal", although I cant show one of them until later in the year :wink: