Skrytsson

MOC: 1940s Trams in Stureplan (Stockholm, Sweden)

In about a little more than a month I, together with Stockholm's Tramway-museum, will be proud to present an exhibition: LEGO-creation's about Stockholm's Tramway-history

The exhibition will consist of four LEGO-creations, created by me for the Museum for this exhibition.

However, I will let you have a sneak peak on one of the models already today.

1940s - Trams in Stureplan (Stockholm, Sweden) - takes place at the rush hour an ordinary business day in the middle of the 1940s in Stureplan - the heart of Stockholm at that time.

Reference pictures at the end of this post. Will you come at the exhibition? :tongue:

6899323836_8b702b3132_z.jpg

7045421793_ac4ea7621c_z.jpg

6899326822_bdb31e0d6c_z.jpg

6899330386_0b1dede0b3_z.jpg

6899331806_d5540432d2_z.jpg

7045429509_f3da6fc4c2_z.jpg

7045431651_985d4ac829_z.jpg

7045433331_82474ff05e_z.jpg

6899338498_60a21635d1_z.jpg

7045436313_9033e2daf3_z.jpg

6899342660_447ee3a4b2_z.jpg

7045439883_d92e95f24a_z.jpg

Reference pictures:

6899712278_fceac5da86_z.jpg

7045810671_c53ed4e5fa_z.jpg

7045811155_64137a220e_z.jpg

Will you come to the exhibition? :tongue:

:wub_drool: Trams! In 6-wide, no less!

By the way, I was working on a Duewag tram some time ago (unfortunately, it disappeared in the boxes in its unfinished state :/) and I've noticed a few resemblances in our approach. Either way - trams rule; and this MOC is definitely a very nice recreation of the original.

Yes, yes, I would love to come to your exhibition! Can you get me a plane ticket to Stockholm please? :grin_wub:

Wonderful creation 'Skrytsson', I :wub: the trams and that round roof tram stop/shelter - a huge :thumbup: .

Excellent work...now you are going to make me start work again on my tram....oh, well.....Brick On 'Skrytsson' ! :sweet:

Fantastic models. Unfortunately I will have to decline your invitation as I am still in university and won't be finished for at least another month. However otherwise I would love to see it. I presume that both models are trams, as one section does not have any rails. Your photos remind me of trams of the Dublin United Tram Company (DUTC) which operated from 1897 until 1949. Nelson's Pillar was the hub of the Dublin tram system. The Spire is there now.

One thing which I find interesting about Sweden is Dagen-H, when Sweden switched to driving on the right. These photos were taken I reckon twenty years before this.

Edited by Iarnrod Raille Liath

Great work, Skrytsson.

Beautiful model trams in a nice realistic scene. The choice of predominantly brown, grey and black tones for the passengers really helps capture the time period shown in the reference pics.

Very well done.

:classic: :classic:

Wonderful... and the pictures are really great as well...professional quality, i guess??

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Excellent work, that looks really good :thumbup:

This is a great model. The colours chosen for the minifigs really create the atmosphere of the 40s. The trams are wonderfuls models and the pictures quality is outstanding.

Really great!

WOW truly stunning !!! im in awe, thanks for sharing, now if only i had a few grand and could afford a trip on a plane and a week off work, i could come see this and the rest in the flesh!!

Excellent piece of stunning work! You have certainly grasp well based on the reference images. Well done. :wub:

7045811155_64137a220e_z.jpg

Very cool creation, very realistic. You have gotten the real feel over it and those trams look so good. Well done diodrama.

Btw Stockholm has changed alot in 60+ years (odcourse :tongue:) fun to see some old images of the city. Is there somewhere still any trams used in sthlm, I have been there many times but don´t recall right now seing any ? :laugh:

Edited by Mencot

I have to agree with the others - the trams are great and look so good in that shade of blue. My favourite details, though, are the poster, the giant umbrella in between the trams, and the minifig combos. Great job - and, yes, mycket, mycket snyggt!

I love full-scale (real) trams, and I also love to see them in Lego, both old and modern. Great job with the MOC.

I'm hoping that we get a tram here in Vancouver, where I live.

Picking up from my earlier comments - I was wondering whether you're planning on actually running these afterwards?

I'd have loved to have seen a complete street-integrated (i.e. 'hidden' rails within the streets, etc.) tram layout with these beauties running on it... Obviously, as it is now, my guess would be it is meant to remain as a static display scene considering the lack of rails on the diagonal track and the lack of motorisation, but I still feel you could take it one step further! Or at least that's what I'd really love to see. :sweet:

Hopefully, that will also be included in the things you're yet to reveal as part of that exhibition. :wink:

An excellent job Skrytsson the detailing on you MOC is first class! :thumbup:

There is also a place in Munich which looks a lot like your MOC as well called "Münchener Freiheit"

and the old streetcar colors are the same.

Edited by GRogall

Now that is superb creation. Not too big not too small, fantastic colours, trams. Just perfect :thumbup: