Sign in to follow this  
Davor

[MOC] Coruscant cargo repulsor barge

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

1333548128m_DISPLAY.jpg

Hi,

I really like to build unusual vehicles from SW univers, so I was watching CW mini series from 2001 and spoted in "Chapter 24" unidentified Coruiscant freighter that had role in the show (Jedi were fighting Grievous during his abduction of Palpatin on top of this freighter). Year ago there was Wookipedia page about this ship, but they removed it for some reason and now its just called in the chapter synopsis "cargo repulsor barge"...shame since its quiet a cool ship and deserves some info.

I was building it in proportion to minifigs, so it should be quiet close to scale. It is imposible to figure exact scale since there is no info on size and cartoon also has wierd camera views and in one scene ship is smaller in the next scene just second later looks bigger compaired to characters - quiet bizzar animation.

I used cca. 3000 bricks for ship + landing pad.

Also I used glow in the dark bricks for engine exaust and integrated lego batery box with light so that the windows glow blue as seen in the cartoon, but coudn`t take proper picture of it.

More photos here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/317344

hope you like ti! plz leave a comment!

p.s. I acctualy build last week first version of this ship that was cca 1,2m long, but figured that it was wayyy too big and scaled it down to present version.

This is brilliant! I really enjoy looking at the simple, yet effective scenery around the ship also, of which itself is a magnificent design you have pulled off with so little info about it! :thumbup: Forgot to say... your original at 1.2 meters long... would have been awesome to have seen pics of that too!

I do wonder though, after seeing your source pics (on moc pages) that perhaps it should be more of an equal length each side of the triangle shaped ship, perhaps using the 45 degree inverted 2x2 slopes instead of the 1x2x2 slopes? So, slightly wider, and 'shorter' in height, or... just as wide, but not as 'tall'?

I do understand the difficulty in which you have currently accomplished with the lack of info available though, and do applaud you on what you have so far reached =D

Edited by Fuppylodders

Wow that's a really cool MOC I love the angles of the ship. It defiantly looks like the ship. Well done :classic:

Very cool. This vehicle is from one of my favorite chapters in my favorite Clone Wars series and recreated very nicely. I never imagined it to be quite this big, but you're right, it's hard to judge the size of it. I don't suppose you have the minifigs to recreate the fight on top of the barge? :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very cool. This vehicle is from one of my favorite chapters in my favorite Clone Wars series and recreated very nicely. I never imagined it to be quite this big, but you're right, it's hard to judge the size of it. I don't suppose you have the minifigs to recreate the fight on top of the barge? :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Unfortunately I never got my hands on Magna Guards.So no :( But would love to do it.

This is great! If you ever get some Magna Guards, I would love to see you recreation of that scene. The old Clone Wars was fantastic!

WOW! I love how you recreated the simple, angular look of this ship in the style of the original CW series. Beautiful! :wub:

Hello!

That's a very rare vessel to be built! When I did a micro version some years ago I also had to call it an unidentified class. Although its class is still unknown to us, you did an excellent building job for this almost forgotten vessel! The overall studs-down concepts works perfectly for this unique shape. Very well done! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow! Very well done, it looks like a very smooth and clean build. How long

did take to make that? Nice job Davor :sweet:

it took me cca. 3h to built.