Derfel Cadarn

Sanctuary Of The Damned

The Mystic Isles has always been a place of mystery and the unknown. Nobody really knows what lies in its heartland, as the deeper you go, tnhe more dangerous the waterways become and most who venture in, never return. However, many of the outer islands are home to all sorts of clans who prefer the more secret existance. Most Avalonians avoid the Mystic, so it has always been the perfect place for different clans and groups to live in secret. Of course, one of the reasons people avoid the Isles is due to a particular Isle known as 'The Dark Isle'. It is mostly covered by a thick dark forest and is reputed to be the home of the Black Knight. The legends of the Black Knight go back centuries and nobody knows who or what he really is. He is often seen on stormy nights, haunting the mist covered track ways and roads that cross the outskirts of the Isles. Some folk of Avalonia believe he is a dark guardian who watches over the realm, others believe he is an omen of disaster who's appearence forshadows a tragedy.

From the shores of the Dark Isle, it is possible to see 'The Sanctuary Of The Damned'. Legend says that during the 'bad times' when Avalonia had no ruler, the Sanctuary was used as a prison for the sick and mad, left to die and rot, the echo of their screaming souls now haunt its courtyard and hallways. No one really knows what happened to them in there, but one story says they were sacrifices for the Blood Religion. Whatever happened, its a history we Avalonians do not like to remember. It now stands in disrepair and slowly nature is consuming it, but it is not empty! The Black Knight is often seen patroling this area and many believe he uses it as an outpost that guards the Dark forest. The only other group who may know its secrets are Avalonia's Assassins Guild. It is said that they sometimes hideout here and use the area for training with permission from its dark keeper.

Still, even they have never ventured deep into the heart of the Dark Isle. It is said that a dark castle lies in its center, home of the Black Knight. Who knows, but if it did, it would surely hold all the answers about who he really is, what he does and what really happened at the Sanctuary. Blood Religion?

This moc is a kind of prelude to a story I will be doing based on the Black Knight, so expect a few more dark creepy builds in the near future. :classic:

7029679687_15882043dc_c.jpg

6883596298_5ee38bab41_z.jpg

6883600740_0ce5072b18_z.jpg

7029589155_ac988b606a_z.jpg

7029651539_d2b4f067ec_z.jpg

6883485218_4c2125eae2_z.jpg

7029723487_50859286d2_z.jpg

There are more pictures and larger sizes on my flickr account.

Thanks for viewing

DC

My reaction when i opened this thread : jawdrop.gif

Serioiusly there is so much here to look at and it's all great. I'd say this is your best work so far and gets me even more excited to see what's next.

That first photo just blew me away. :wub:

So very alive.

I love it. Great job with the lights too. This is really great work!

Just epic man... somehow you continue to find totally-new ways to show insane lego-castle building skills.

Thanks for building this!

It is the staircases that stand out to me the most, I especially like the one around the outside of the tower :thumbup: The whole thing is stunning *oh2*

There is so much to see, you really have to look closely to see all the amazing details.

Looking forward to your future MOCs

Just amazing. Theres so much stuff going on here that I don't know where to start. First of all, you are a master of textures. The use of round plates, cheese slopes, and tiles makes amazing textures. I really like the use of brown round plates for dirt. I can't wait to see more.

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to find words to express how great this is, but there are no such words. This is beyond sanity.

Also the bricks in this build might cost more than my car. :tongue:

Very impressive! :thumbup: This looks just like a great horror movie setting LEGO-fied. I think what I like most about your MOCs is the different textures you use, kinda makes these dilapidated buildings all the more realistic and fun to explore.

*oh2* After I had opened this tread, I had to search for my jaw

Great work, this is one of your best works (erery building from you is so lovely, realistic and detailed)

Keep on building so great and lovely Mocs. :thumbup:

Wow DC, this is mighty impressive! I like the size and layout but above all; that staircase has just set the bar for building staircases. :wink:

Well done on another awesome build!

I don't know how to describe this. I can't even comprehend how one could build it, the scope and all the little details are of such a grand scale.

:oh:

Wow DC! This is just great! I love how you keep raising your own bar! Where do you get all this great ideas for your builds?

The stair that draws your eyes up and up along the moc is great and I have to say that you deserve the second moc expert badge! :classic:

Edited by de Gothia

Well I have completely run out of superlatives to use in relation to your MOC's. Instead I think I'm just going to invent a new quantitative measure of MOC Awesomeness - this build is at least 11.7 DC's :tongue:

In all seriousness, excellent work. I hope it was half as satisfying for you to build as it is for the rest of us to appreciate. Great use of parts and palette to create atmosphere, and all those curves are just spectacular.

/removes laptop from lap/

/stand up/

/applaud/

Truly great DC!

Wow. Just wow.

I think this is going to take me a few days to go through all the details and figure out how you did it all.

I sure hope that your MOCs don't count as Historica free builds, otherwise Avalonia will load up on so many points the rest of us will never catch up!

Everyone else is already saying what I would have - unbelievable work. Particularly love the lower round staircase and the tower staircase - brilliant stuff. A wonderful twisted sense to it all. Continually inspiring the rest of us. Maybe if I win that $650 million lottery jackpot in California I'll finally be able to buy the LEGO collection I've always dreamed of.

I´ll write it here again, for me is your best work so far, all in one stand building to the date. :thumbup:

I like everything.

Edited by Niku