Christoph

[MOC] Sick in the desert?

These are peaceful times for Historica. Nevertheless, there are still little aches and pains. My former pupil Abū ʿUbayd ʿAbd al‐Wāḥid ibn Muḥammad al‐Jūzjānī runs a small hospital in the desert to take care of your diseases.

hospital1.jpg

Every now and then I visit Abū ʿUbayd and advice him. He should, for example, water the tree a little more. Otherwise customers may not think highly of his healing powers.

hospital2.jpg

In the hall of the ill you see an Avalonian soldier who broke his leg while trying to ride an ostrich. The Mitgardian dwarf has lice in his beard.

hospital3.jpg

Nothing a well equipped physician cannot heal!

hospital4.jpg

Right now, a poor drow is brought to the hospital. He dreamed of power and didn't watch his step. He fell over and now his knees are hurting. But don't worry, in a week he will feel well again and then he can continue to walk our lands and imagine things...

hospital5.jpg

Best regards,

Abū Alī

I'm normally not a big fan of natural light and shadows in MOCs, however it is quite good in this instance, showing a harsh desert style of living. The build itself is quite nice and an amusing story too. :thumbup:

Really great effect due the shadow! Also a nice build :thumbup:

Haha, we Kaliphlins are healthy people, you only see foreigners in our hospitals :laugh:

The tree makes me think about a story of the only tree in the desert (in Marocco, Libya, Algeria or somewhere near that) who was accidentually has been destroyed by a drunk truckdriver :laugh:

Wow! The moc is great and I love the roof and the little room with all the "tools" but the little thing is always the most intresting for me. For me the one thing that is great in this moc is the posing of one of your fig! The guy standing next to the wall, chilling, it loks so real, like a photo!

Edit: How do you come up with those great names?! Love them!

Edited by de Gothia

Great moc! Love the minifig action. And the roof is indeed excellent, as is the angle of the two buildings!

Great moc! Love the minifig action. And the roof is indeed excellent, as is the angle of the two buildings!

I must say this is a lovely MOC and if someone is sick in the desert, it looks like a comfortable place to recover!

Great light effects and details. You made me feel the way of life in a city surrounded by desert. Very well done!

i realised that the Avalonian soldiers right leg is not only broken also amputated :( thats sad.

Edited by timura

looking good ;)

...scary hammer for a doctor, I must say :)

Thanks you for the comments!

Edit: How do you come up with those great names?! Love them!

Actually, I do not really come up with them... Now I have to blow my cover...

Those names, Al‐Jūzjānī und Ibn Sīnā are real, you can look them up in Wikipedia. Abū Alī (Ibn Sīnā) is also known as Avicenna in the western world. (Yes, I am famous :blush:.)

i realised that the Avalonian soldiers right leg is not only broken also amputated :( thats sad.

Yes, I had to scold my former pupil. He is just too keen to show off his skills in making wooden legs...

While other guilds murder strangers at whim, Kaliphlin treats all with care and respect. With your hospital, school, and observatory, you have given much to our great lands. Thankyou Abu Ali!

I especially like the minifig poses here and the toolkit, and roof.

:classic:

Nice story, great design and I like the roof a lot! Also interesting to see an other building-occupation than the usual house, castle, blacksmith, tavern, tower.

I also really like the roof :thumbup: The tree adds a nice touch, it looks like a nice cool hospital in the desert.

Good job!

I would not want to be operated on with that lightsaber, it's a good thing it's plugged up with a spanner.

Good looking MOC, the roof is very nicely done.

Great idea to show us an aspect of life in Kaliphlin that we haven't seen much of. :thumbup: I like the sloping main roof and bleached out look of the buildings, it really gives a feel of the harsh midday sun. The interiors look great too, especially the rack of surgical implements...! I was wondering i've we'd see a bit of trepanning... :wink: You are right about the tree though, a bit more greenery might make the patients a bit more comfortable. (although the Drow patient prob likes the black tree just fine!)