Sign in to follow this  
papa jedi

ship name question

Rather unhelpfully I remember looking for this a while ago - other than consistent mentions of it being the first ship to fly the "Jolly Rodger", no sources anywhere seem to state the name. good luck in finding it out, and if you do, be sure to let me know! :pir-classic:

Rather unhelpfully I remember looking for this a while ago - other than consistent mentions of it being the first ship to fly the "Jolly Rodger", no sources anywhere seem to state the name. good luck in finding it out, and if you do, be sure to let me know! :pir-classic:

Thanks i found this,

"On 18 July 1700, so the official British Admiralty reports, Captain John Cranby discovered his frigate HMS Poole (built) 1696 of Nye in East Cowes, 32 guns

Wynnes ship Adventure when the Cape Verde Island of Brava. For several days, but Wynne escaped pirates, other than two Pirate ships (La Foudre Lussan and treasure under Moore), his support appeared [2] followed Cranby. Cranby's report is, as far as known, the first mention of a flag with the skull and crossed bones on a pirate ship: "a black flag with crossed bones, a skull and an hourglass" ("a sable ensign with cross bones, a death's head, and an hour glass").

very little online about this man,strange.

Glad you found out the answer! Adventure... a fitting name for a pirate ship!