LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Frankly, the original six movies are about the rie and fall of Anakin Skywalker. As for The Clone Wars (TCW), though, I agree. More and more they've slipped away from the battle, and into more trivial things, like bounty hunters and politics....

I came into The Clone Wars cartoon thinking that it would be more about the actual battles during the Clone Wars. But the more I thought about it, I realized that TCW is the story of Anakin between Episodes II and III. There was such a gap between the two films that it left many wondering how Anakin went from Jedi to Sith with the flip of a switch so to speak.

"Star Wars", like "The Clone Wars", is about a historic era. It doesn't mean that everywhere is war action....

I completely agree with you and I appreciate how you're able to convey your thoughts in such a reasonable and coherent way.

I completely agree with you and I appreciate how you're able to convey your thoughts in such a reasonable and coherent way.

"Star Wars", like "The Clone Wars", is about a historic era. It doesn't mean that everywhere is war action.

I agree with you here. I just think that in addition to showing so much of Anakin's story line, they should show some of the war. Not that they don't, but in between Anakin's adventures it would be nice to see the many campaigns that are referenced in Revenge of the Sith, such as the Outer Rim sieges. Preferably, I would like these to be from the troopers perspective, sort of like the Umbarra arc (although some episodes without the Jedi shown would be ideal). I would also like to see some of the other lesser known Jedi's battles and campaigns.

I agree with you here. I just think that in addition to showing so much of Anakin's story line, they should show some of the war. Not that they don't, but in between Anakin's adventures it would be nice to see the many campaigns that are referenced in Revenge of the Sith, such as the Outer Rim sieges. Preferably, I would like these to be from the troopers perspective, sort of like the Umbarra arc (although some episodes without the Jedi shown would be ideal). I would also like to see some of the other lesser known Jedi's battles and campaigns.

I too would also like to see battles/campaigns from the troopers perspectives. I want to see Commanders and Captains ordering their troops around in battle and actually using different tactics. So far, TCW is about large amounts of clones and droids going head to head. Most of the Jedi fight in the front. I'd like to squads of clones flanking the while they're engaged by the Jedi. There's more to battles than just facing each other and shooting.

The one thing I didn't like in revenge of the sith was how the battle droids became comeadic characters. And it's the same in the clone wars where it appears that the main plan of the separatists is to make the republic laugh to death. I would much rather see the battles droid appear like they did in the tpm where they seem more threatening. And also grevious needs to be a more fearsome villain like he was in the original clone wars.

The one thing I didn't like in revenge of the sith was how the battle droids became comeadic characters. And it's the same in the clone wars where it appears that the main plan of the separatists is to make the republic laugh to death. I would much rather see the battles droid appear like they did in the tpm where they seem more threatening. And also grevious needs to be a more fearsome villain like he was in the original clone wars.

Battle Droids have been getting less annoying, though. Watch Season 4 droids, then watch "Ambush", the first TCW episode.

Some parts (of "Ambush") were almost unwatchable because of stupid droids.

That reminds me:

I wonder when we will see GG's Wheelbike.

Edited by LEGOman273

And also grevious needs to be a more fearsome villain like he was in the original clone wars.

True, however TCW GG is closer to the character in ROTS, the CW version was a bit to superpowered (like everyone in the show).

True, however TCW GG is closer to the character in ROTS, the CW version was a bit to superpowered (like everyone in the show).

Agreed.

For me I would like to see General Grievous and the Separatists actually win a battle. So far, the Clone Wars is pretty one sided and that's not what I want to see in the show. I want it to show what war is really like. Losses on both sides.

For me I would like to see General Grievous and the Separatists actually win a battle. So far, the Clone Wars is pretty one sided and that's not what I want to see in the show. I want it to show what war is really like. Losses on both sides.

I agree it should be harder for the republic. I'm really liking Mauls return however and believe that he might be able to break the republics winning spree. I know he won't join the CIS but he and Oppres can at least take out a few battalions of clones and a few jedi. Next season should be fun :laugh:

I agree it should be harder for the republic. I'm really liking Mauls return however and believe that he might be able to break the republics winning spree. I know he won't join the CIS but he and Oppres can at least take out a few battalions of clones and a few jedi. Next season should be fun :laugh:

I'm counting on it. Although not a part of the CIS, I could see Maul and Oppress using guerrilla tactics on the Republic. And seeing how Maul's hatred is focused on the Jedi, I wonder if we'll see Maul take out more Jedi than General Grievous.

I'm counting on it. Although not a part of the CIS, I could see Maul and Oppress using guerrilla tactics on the Republic. And seeing how Maul's hatred is focused on the Jedi, I wonder if we'll see Maul take out more Jedi than General Grievous.

Filoni said that Maul will realize his new possibilies, and that revenge would become less important.

Consequently, Maul may wish to exploit the knowledge of the identity of his former master, although I cannot see yet in what way precisely. Anyway, I think there a couple of interesting constellations: Sidious, Dooku, and the Jedi Council all hold motives to get rid of Maul, while each of these actors has an equal interest to exploit Maul's knowledge and abilities. I think it is this constellation that will constitute the playground for Maul to show how cunning he is.

Edited by Brickadeer

Filoni said that Maul will realize his new possibilies, and that revenge would become less important.

Consequently, Maul may wish to exploit the knowledge of the identity of his former master, although I cannot see yet in what way precisely. Anyway, I think there a couple of interesting constellations: Sidious, Dooku, and the Jedi Council all hold motives to get rid of Maul, while each of these actors has an equal interest to exploit Maul's knowledge and abilities. I think it is this constellation that will constitute the playground for Maul to show how cunning he is.

Ye it would interesting to see Maul use his knowledge against the Jedi or palpatine. He could try to blackmail palpatine or even better dooku and maul fighting for the role of apprentice. I get the feeling from the finale of season 4 that maul doesn't quite respect savage. Maybe it's just me but I get the feel that one of the next two things will happen. The first is that maul trains savage to be his apprentice and they plan to overthrow palpatine and dooku. Or that maul will use savage for a while to do some dirty work and then betray him when a opportunity arrives for him to have a shot at dooku.

Edited by Sam892

Ye it would interesting to see Maul use his knowledge against the Jedi or palpatine. He could try to blackmail palpatine or even better dooku and maul fighting for the role of apprentice. I get the feeling from the finale of season 4 that maul doesn't quite respect savage. Maybe it's just me but I get the feel that one of the next two things will happen. The first is that maul trains savage to be his apprentice and they plan to overthrow palpatine and dooku. Or that maul will use savage for a while to do some dirty work and then betray him when a opportunity arrives for him to have a shot at dooku.

I would be really disappointed if Savage Oppress just becomes a pawn of Maul. I hope his character just wasn't created as a mechanism to bring back Darth Maul. There are a lot of interesting stories to be told now that Maul has returned. I really hope the show capitalizes on this with multiple story arcs.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

I really hope the show capitalizes on this with multiple story arcs.

I think the chances are pretty good. Mother Talzin's plans were still not revealed. Why did she sent Savage on his quest to find Maul, even though he failed Ventress? Why didn't she tell Ventress? And is there a chance that all this is somehow related to Mortis?

I think the chances are pretty good. Mother Talzin's plans were still not revealed. Why did she sent Savage on his quest to find Maul, even though he failed Ventress? Why didn't she tell Ventress? And is there a chance that all this is somehow related to Mortis?

Talzin is Mother :look:.

Talzin is Mother :look:.

Perhaps, though I'm not sure that they would connect those two arcs like that. :sceptic:

I don't think that is right. Talkin is called Mother because she was the head of the Nightsisters, and all of the other members were addressed as 'sister'. It is more of a title, like a Preist being called Father, than having actually meaning and connection to the Force.

Perhaps, though I'm not sure that they would connect those two arcs like that. :sceptic:

I don't believe so as well. If I remember correctly, Oky wrote about the "Book of Sith" that Talzin wrote a passage that reveals that she has at least knowledge of Mortis.

The Mortis arc directly followed the Nightsisters arc; Mortis and the fate of Skywalker were revealed right after the revelation of the fact that Darth Maul is alive. Of course this might just be a curious incident; on the other hand, there is the potential that the events are related. Well, time will tell :classic:

Edited by Brickadeer

I don't think that is right. Talkin is called Mother because she was the head of the Nightsisters, and all of the other members were addressed as 'sister'. It is more of a title, like a Preist being called Father, than having actually meaning and connection to the Force.

Oh I know that, I just wondered if they was another connection other than name/title.

There is much that we do not know of Mother Talzin and I really hope the show expands on her motives. She like anybody else with power doesn't always reveal their true motives. She has put a lot of things in motion but we still don't know why. With that being said, there is so much potential that I can see the show continuing for another 3-5 seasons. With all the different factions, there's just so many stories left to be told and I want to hear/see them all.

General Grievous has been turned into a laughing stock. I mean he coughs a lot and he always can't get the job done. The Clone Wars animated cartoon before this series depicted Grievous as a feared, silent killing machine. I'm not sure what the producers were thinking when they dumbified Grievous in this new Clone Wars cartoon. :sceptic:

General Grievous has been turned into a laughing stock. I mean he coughs a lot and he always can't get the job done. The Clone Wars animated cartoon before this series depicted Grievous as a feared, silent killing machine. I'm not sure what the producers were thinking when they dumbified Grievous in this new Clone Wars cartoon. :sceptic:

They didn't, the GG in TCW is very like the one in ROTS, the one in CW could well have been a different character.

'General Grievous will run and hide as he always does, he's a coward, not ' General Grievous will come for us, as he's a super warrior who hunts Jedi for fun and can take out 5 of us at once'.

He seems more like he was in RotS.

General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward. - Mace Windu, RotS

Grievous's character had not been finalized when CW was being produced, so TCW is a more accurate view of him.

I partially agree on that. One of the things I liked about "Massacre" is that Grievous didn't cough one single time. At least in this single episode, he appeared to be fearsome, effient, and treacherous.

I think that all in all, he doesn't perform so bad. He caught a Jedi and killed another. The worst one can say about him is that he is able to keep a couple of Jedi busy. I think that one has to keep in mind that he can only rely on battle droids, a limitation that he already complaint about. And considering the fact that he has no Jedi powers, he performs rather well in lightsabre duells against Jedi.

I prefer the not-so-often-coughing version, though.

Edited by Brickadeer