alex54

Inside my Café Corner

indexed.gif B-OM-14B

ccinside_01.jpg

Looking at this picture, the first LEGO modular building Café Corner is always very pleasant to look after.

It’s only default was o come without any interior details… But who cares? Just take some bricks and use your imagination to make your own furniture.

So, after a very long time I would like to do so, I decided to make my interior. For now, I just add some details inside in the street floor. In fact, the upper floors are not that visible from the outside, so they are not my priority. I have to put some furniture in some other of my moc modulars. So I would like to optimize my bricks and my time.

But what to do inside? What can the Café Corner can offer in its street floor? After a very long time of reflection, I came with that brilliant idea : why can’t I make it a café? :tongue:

After this brilliant illumination, I decided to make it in the style of one of the most known and popular unreal café/bistro in France : the “bar du Mistral”. It comes from a popular French TV sitcom, “plus belle la vie”, which is based on an all created area from Marseille.

The first view, what a minifig will see before entering :

ccinside_02.jpg

Here a global view of the interior :

ccinside_04.jpg

There are nothing really special inside : it’s quite simple, without a lot of things everywhere.

A closer view of the counter :

ccinside_07.jpg

What do you want : coffee, orange juice?

There are some grass to separate some tables and make more intima spaces :

ccinside_06.jpg

And the red telephone :

ccinside_05.jpg

I just need a nex 1x1 round tile In grey to make the keypad.

Enjoy!

Edit :

Just go here for discover how the expresso machine is built!

Sweet looking cafe 'alex54', though the counter top not tiled....I guess it works, but that espresso machine is to die for ! :wub:

Neat little pay phone, clever indeed. :thumbup:

Brick On 'alex54' ! :classic:

The interior looks sweet. My favourite is the floor tiling and the counter. But, where are the yellow cups from above the coffe machine from? I haven't seen them before...

The interior looks sweet. My favourite is the floor tiling and the counter. But, where are the yellow cups from above the coffe machine from? I haven't seen them before...

Thanks for the comment!

The yellow cups come from the Scala line. They look more realistic than the classic one, but the minifigs don't hold them very well, due to the rounded design of the handle.

I really love the flooring! The espresso machine is wonderful too. I may have to borrow that design. Seeing this makes me want to add an interior to my current bricklink CC project. I may have to modify it a bit more than I originally expected because my mind is being flooded will good interior ideas now.

Keep up the great work!

Very nice! That coffee machine is great, but my favourite detail is the phone. It'll be perfect once you add that tile.

I love the floor pattern and the behind-the-counter area. :thumbup:

It's been fun seeing all the different takes on the first floor of Cafe Corner recently.

Lovely interior alex. As highlighted by almost everyone so far, the espresso machine is brilliant, as is the pay phone in all it's simplicity. I think the plants used to separate the tables would perhaps work even better if extended by 2 studs (so a 2 x 4 instead of a 2 x 2 area).

Great interior Alex54. I also love the expressomachine. I was wondering about the yellow cups too, but now i understand. I havend seen much of the Scala line (must have been in my dark ages).

Did you do the first floor to, because the coffieshop made me interested abaout that. I made a cafe to, just te floor tiling needs completing and a big refrigerator for soft drinks. The first floor of mine CC is still barren, so i am open for ideas.

Going along with everyone else, that espresso machine looks nice. Could you post some detail pics of it? I'm really curious about how you made the grounds cups.

Going along with everyone else, that espresso machine looks nice. Could you post some detail pics of it? I'm really curious about how you made the grounds cups.

Yes I could, I just need to take some pictures of it. I hope to have some sun this week end for that.

Glad that simple construction appeals a lot!

More pics of my expresso machine :

expresso_machine_01.jpg

expresso_machine_02.jpg

If you want to see the building steps, just look here (when moderated).

And with those pics, I have made a small animation :

expresso_machine_animated.gif

Enjoy!

And with those pics, I have made a small animation :

Enjoy!

Nicely done :thumbup:

Like it :blush:

Edited by SunBrick

As I'm still waiting for ideas to fill my interior of the CC, your Espresso machine definitely is a must-have!

And I believe I will copy (with a few modifications) the tiled floor as well.

Thank you so much for the pics (and animation! :oh:).