Sign in to follow this  
Walter

Watto's Shop

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6842086254_e89ebecd88_z.jpg

Watto's Shop by Walter Boy, on Flickr

6842102682_99844157ff.jpg

"Are you an Angel?" by Walter Boy, on Flickr

"Aaaaahhh! Welcome to Watto's shop, eh? Take a look around. I've got everything you need, eh? He-he-he-he-he!"

-Watto

Whew! This thing wasn't very fun to build, but I saw it through to the bitter end. It didn't turn out as nice as I would've liked, but I just wanted to get it done with. :laugh:

Ooh a CMF poncho for Qui Gon :sweet:, shame about the un Qui Gon like face :wink:. I love the grills on the floor as well.

shame about the un Qui Gon like face :wink:.

Thanks for the comment! However although it kinda doesn't look like him, that is his official face! :laugh:

Whew! This thing wasn't very fun to build,

Totally worth it. My favorite part is the protocol droid in the background. Nice eye!

I like it. The first thing that stuck out to me was the inside out poncho, very clever idea. :thumbup:

Fantastic work Walt! Like what the others have said the use of the poncho on Qui-Gon is really clever and a nice 'cherry on top' of this very well-done build. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very nice work Walt :thumbup:

It's interesting to see how you did this; in hindsight I should have used more dark grey in mine as yours looks much nicer! I especially like the 'skeleton' droid on the left wall and the shop counter - I found it really difficult to re-create this. All you need now is to add a few Technic LEDs :wink:

Cheers, Robin

Thanks for the comment! However although it kinda doesn't look like him, that is his official face! :laugh:

I know, it just looks nothing like him, I used the older one in my sig because of that.

Thank you everyone!

Fantastic work Walt! Like what the others have said the use of the poncho on Qui-Gon is really clever and a nice 'cherry on top' of this very well-done build. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the blog post. :classic:

I know, it just looks nothing like him, I used the older one in my sig because of that.

Oh! Yeah, it kinda doesn't now that you mention it. I wish he had a double sided head too, because that would've worked well with his headgear.

Very nice work Walt :thumbup:

It's interesting to see how you did this; in hindsight I should have used more dark grey in mine as yours looks much nicer! I especially like the 'skeleton' droid on the left wall and the shop counter - I found it really difficult to re-create this. All you need now is to add a few Technic LEDs :wink:

Cheers, Robin

Thanks! I really liked your version though. It had the interesting hanging metal bits of junk and scrap. I originally wanted to stick that into mine, but it would've made it too awkward to photograph. :wacko:

Hello!

A nicely assembled store! All the technical pieces are well-built and put in place. There's the right feeling for Watto's junkyard shop. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great work!

Love the way you built the ground. Simple, but effective. And the counter... :thumbup:

Greetings

-Bane

The amount of mechanical and junky details you've captured here is incredible. This is one of those MOCs that truly captures the feel of a location. My favorite part would have to be the protocol droid - not because it's there, but, rather, because the way you've posed it gives it the perfect impression of hanging limp and being powered off. :wub:

This is awesome! You did a great job of capturing the scene, Walt. This is one environment that I always wished Lego would release as a set.

Fantastic! I don't think this scene could be portrayed any better. love all the details.