Sign in to follow this  
Drummer4life55

1989 LEGOLAND Pirate System 6274 Caribbean Clipper

I must admit upfront I know nothing about Legos, I had some as a kid and that's about it. This weekend I bought at a garage sale LEGOLAND Pirate System 6274 Caribbean Clipper that has never been opened. The lady who was selling it said her son got it for Christmas of 1989 but he wasn’t into Legos so they just put it away. She said she just recently come across it in a box of blankets and her son told her he didn’t want it and to sell it. I bought it for $20 thinking it might be worth more. The reason I’m here asking what it’s worth is I did a Google search and saw one was for sale on here in 2011 but I do not see how much it sold for. I did see used ones have sold on eBay for as much as $200. Anyways, as collectors of Legos any serious ideas on what mine might be worth?

Thanks,

Scott

IMG_0381.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0385.jpgIMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpg

Sealed ones on Bricklink go for around $500 and upwards. You've hit a complete and utter jackpot. :thumbup:

Sealed ones on Bricklink go for around $500 and upwards. You've hit a complete and utter jackpot. :thumbup:

They are listed for the price. That's not how much they actually sell for.

$200-350 is a good, abeit wide, range of what it would realisticly sell for.

An unopened box ? that's worth a lot :pir-oh:

Ofcourse there's a specific audience for that kind of stuff, personally I wouldn't pay such high price because of the sealed box, I would eventually open it anyway.

I would certainly pay less than $100 but I'm confident that there are people willing to pay much more,

$200 seems a realistic price, considering its condition.

You seriously ripped that poor lady off with that $20 you paid. To balance out your karma, you could sell it on to me for $40. 100% profit is rather nice, no? :pir_laugh2:

Just kidding. If you are not really into Lego then I think your best bet is to simply sell it on ebay. I'm quite sure it will fetch at least $200 in an auction.

@CallMePieOrDie: none was sold at those crazy prices in the last 6 months.

Edited by Nagyzee

I need to visit more garage sales apparently.

if the price is right I may be interested in buying it.

So pretty...

My advise is to put it in a glass case as a war trophy and then start getting into Legos...

Dude, you have no idea of how insanely jealous of you I am! My brother and I got the Caribbean Clipper for Christmas in 1989, our first (and up until I bought the Black Pearl) only "big" ship... Unfortunately, we had to get rid of it when mom made us give away our LEGO stuff when we stopped playing with it in High School (well, we were allowed one small set/MOC each), and I've regretted it since.

I agree 100% with Bobkov's suggestion: Put that sucker in your trophy case, because you definitely scored an epic win on that deal!