ED-209

The Wolfpack Renegades strike again!

In addition to my previous efforts to create updated versions of the Castle factions from days of yore, I thought I'd try my hand at everyone's favourite unshaven bandits, the Wolfpack Renegades!

For those unfamiliar with the faction, these are the original figures:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=M&catString=9.286

I don't know about everyone else, but I always viewed them as a rag-tag group of peasants-turned-thieves rather than any sort of formally structured army. I also opted to colour them for the modern "reddish brown" torsos rather than the older brown ones, and branched off a little with black and dark tan too.

Wolfpack01.jpg

Wolfpack02.jpg

Wolfpack03.jpg

Wolfpack04.jpg

Wolfpack05.jpg

Wolfpack06.jpg

As per normal, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions, please say so!

Or perhaps any ideas for other variants that you'd like to see? :grin:

EDIT: moved the newer torsos here:

Wolfpack07.jpg

Wolfpack08.jpg

Wolfpack09.jpg

Wolfpack10.jpg

And added some shields:

ShieldWolfpack01.jpg

ShieldWolfpack02.jpg

ShieldWolfpack03.jpg

ShieldWolfpack04.jpg

Cheers! :sweet:

EDIT:

Wolfpack renegades as fleshies:

Wolfpack01b.jpg

Wolfpack02b.jpg

Wolfpack03b.jpg

Wolfpack04b.jpg

Wolfpack05b.jpg

Wolfpack06b.jpg

Wolfpack07b.jpg

Wolfpack08b.jpg

Wolfpack09b.jpg

Wolfpack10b.jpg

Edited by ED-209

Very nice! I especially love the last one. :wub: Maybe you could do that one in different colors perhaps?

Even more great decal work ED-209! :thumbup:

These all look particularly nice, I especially like the small money purse, knife and jug details. :wub:

I would agree the Wolfpack I portray them as a band of thieves not very organized but still ruthless. Hopefully someday TLG will revisit them, but in the meantime we have these great decals to work with.

Even more great decal work ED-209! :thumbup:

These all look particularly nice, I especially like the small money purse, knife and jug details. :wub:

I would agree the Wolfpack I portray them as a band of thieves not very organized but still ruthless. Hopefully someday TLG will revisit them, but in the meantime we have these great decals to work with.

ahahah damn you! days upon days of my work down the tubes cause urs is so much better than mine.. /me goes and cries in the corner

way to give me the finger in the professional way.. kudos to you sir lmao

ahahah damn you! days upon days of my work down the tubes cause urs is so much better than mine.. /me goes and cries in the corner

I think you mean ED-209 not me. :tongue:

I just took a quick look and your Wolf pack designs are very nice and well designed too.

These are awesome. Wolfpack were my favorite Classic Castle faction, by far. :wub:

As for suggestions, something like a combination of decals 3 and 4 (some sort of high-ranking sort of outfit) would be nice, and possibly a few female variants. :thumbup:

I think you mean ED-209 not me. :tongue:

I just took a quick look and your Wolf pack designs are very nice and well designed too.

ya I did mean to quote his :P

I don't know about everyone else, but I always viewed them as a rag-tag group of peasants-turned-thieves rather than any sort of formally structured army.

Thats exactly what i saw them as too, i am loving these designs, these have been my favorite so far, keep it up :sweet:

These are great, have you applied them to any figs or know of anyone who has?

My favourites are the first 2 and last 2. I'd love it if TLG did an update of the wolfpack, either directly or just a subtle nod like the Falcon Knight. But with the arrival of LOTR, any dreams of castles updates seem a long way off.

These are just great! I think I'll give them a try on some real figs as soon as I get the chance. :wub:

can you do a remake of just the standard torso? your logo and crest look so much better than mine :)

Very nice! I especially love the last one. :wub: Maybe you could do that one in different colors perhaps?

These are awesome. Wolfpack were my favorite Classic Castle faction, by far. :wub:

As for suggestions, something like a combination of decals 3 and 4 (some sort of high-ranking sort of outfit) would be nice, and possibly a few female variants. :thumbup:

Good ideas! I'll have to work on some female ones too. :thumbup:

EDIT: moved the newer images to the first post.

Oh no no, not at all! The more the merrier I say! :laugh:

Edited by ED-209

Wolfpack07.jpg

:drool: Easily the best one so far! Amazing work.

:drool: Easily the best one so far! Amazing work.

I agree. If Lego made a Wolfpack Minifigure nearly as good as this, I'd buy the lot! :cry_happy:

I agree. If Lego made a Wolfpack Minifigure nearly as good as this, I'd buy the lot! :cry_happy:

Maybe TLG might release a tribute Wolfpack fig in a future CM Series? :oh:

The new designs you posted ED-209 are all brilliant.

Edited the first post to include a collection of shields, we can't leave the poor Wolfpack defenceless!

Maybe TLG might release a tribute Wolfpack fig in a future CM Series? :oh:

I'd totally go bananas over any of the classic castle factions redone as Collectable Minifigs!! :wub:

Edited the first post to include a collection of shields, we can't leave the poor Wolfpack defenceless!

I'd totally go bananas over any of the classic castle factions redone as Collectable Minifigs!! :wub:

Very nice work on those new shields! :thumbup:

These are very well done.

One thing I would request would be if you could perhaps make some flesh-coloured versions of these? Then I'd definately use them!

These are very well done.

One thing I would request would be if you could perhaps make some flesh-coloured versions of these? Then I'd definately use them!

I sure can! I've edited the first post to include them all redone as fleshies. :classic:

I need more blank torsos :wub:

The first tests with water slide decals :thumbup:

Ah, I love these guys even more than the Black Falcons you did! I'm very pleased at how the stitched vest came out, I haven't had the chance to print that one up myself yet. Love your choice of faces, hoods, etc. They look so... disreputable! :laugh:

My only suggestion here is to include myself in the picture... :wink:

Wolfpack.jpg

Can these decals be printed on transparent paper? I guess with the white aspects they'll need to be on white paper.

Can these decals be printed on transparent paper? I guess with the white aspects they'll need to be on white paper.

I'm afraid no, not really. Unless you have access to professional/idustrial kinds of printers, you'd not really be able to get such light colours to show up on such dark torsos. :cry_sad: