Oky

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'll join the flood of podracer MOCs from FBTB's contest. Mine is for the Zombie.

The Zombie is from a planet where an accident in a top-secret research lab has gone horribly wrong and turned everyone into living dead. This podracer was built by one of the survivors out of an abandoned truck and parts of the facility which caused the apocalypse, in order to escape the hordes of zombies. Unfortunately, he was attacked by the zombies as he was putting the finishing touches on it and is now a zombie himself. He has entered the podraces with the motif of killing (and consuming) as many racers as possible.

6942615545_e34a83a7aa.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6942615553_56a0e07634.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer rear by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6942615549_a679ce81fa.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer cockpit by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6942615561_0492a087be.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer front by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6942615557_9714a379cc.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6942615567_80e6c5f0ee.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer side by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

6796514926_38c9e34751.jpg

Zombie's Post-Apoc Podracer top by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

I hope you like it. I will be sending this in, so expect this at the FBTB booth during Star Wars days at Legoland California. I just might go there myself, so perhaps you'll even see me there as well. :sweet:

Oh, and good luck to my competitors. :wink: There have been many excellent entries!

Wow! This is awesome! I love everything. The junker truck pod is killer. The engines are packed with cool details. Way to go.

This is cool! I don’t know why, but I’m reminded of the grave digger monster truck. Maybe it’s those menacing claws. Great entry!

WOW, Oky! Impressively done and sure to win. :wub: Love the details of the pods and the "windshield wipers" on the cockpit window. :sweet:

This makes me want Lego and Lucasarts to get together and make a LEGO Racing game with the Star Wars Podracer twist :P

Was looking at the other entries on FBTB, what an awesome competition, where was I when this was going on, definitely will enter next year!

Like what I said in the blog post, this podracer entry has the high quality of MOCing we've come to expect from you Oky - from the nicely-thought concept to the seamless transformation in brickbuild. And no, you don't have to 'shake up' your building style as we're enjoying every part of your creations. :wink: Keep up the excellent builds and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, KDM! :sweet: And thanks to everyone else too! I had fun building this.

Love the details of the pods and the "windshield wipers" on the cockpit window. :sweet:

Yeah, I really like that old Adventurers windscreen. It even has a bullet hole in it! :sweet: