What a pleasure when I saw at 4pm after a long 3houres studying your post blakbird !:)

It's very strange and pleasant to see my model built by others ( never expected this actually).

Normally, steering gears slip in only one direction ( it's due to frame which take better stress in one direction than in the other).Also, if you use in rough terrains your model you will hear that same transmission gears can slip (but I have still damaged an cv-joint ( new grey part)!

What do you think about the controller? Is everything instinctive?

Milan, I'm not sure if jennifer's model is really appropriated ( mine is too big but her is to small I think )

Ps : blakbird, it seems that you forget an grey open center frame on your first picture :p

Edit : povratnik, why don't you simply look at the first post of this topic?

Edited by GuiliuG

Hello GuiliuG. Great build BTW.

I actually did read the first topic, but there is nothing written about this new pumps, and why you need three of them. Maybe is something mentioned in the video, but currently my soundcard is broken, so I can't hear the sound.

Hello GuiliuG. Great build BTW.

I actually did read the first topic, but there is nothing written about this new pumps, and why you need three of them. Maybe is something mentioned in the video, but currently my soundcard is broken, so I can't hear the sound.

From the looks of it, it's an unusual setup. The three small pumps are there I think just because three works better than one. The manual pump is there it seems because there is no electrical switch coupled onto one of the valves to supply power to the compressor motor, so a manual pump is used instead. I haven't built it tho so I could be wrong.

I also have a question regaurding the pneumatics. It looks as tho there are two switches coupled to two of the valves, each one can activate the compressor motor. Is that correct? If so, is there anything preventing both switches being on but in opposite directions? (apart from lack of forsight on the part of the opperator!).

Edited by allanp

Milan, I'm not sure if jennifer's model is really appropriated ( mine is too big but her is to small I think )

Pat-Ard aks which one fits better in Unimog scale.

Unimog is about 1:13 scale.

Jennifers LS160 is about 1:12 scale

Your skidsteer is about 1:9,4 scale

Sorry if i am wrong with the numbers, all is based on width.

Pat-Ard aks which one fits better in Unimog scale.

Unimog is about 1:13 scale.

Jennifers LS160 is about 1:12 scale

Your skidsteer is about 1:9,4 scale

Sorry if i am wrong with the numbers, all is based on width.

I thought unimog was 1/10 scale. Sorry, you're probably right.

Povratnik, indeed, if you can't look the video and heard what I say, it's normal that you ask such questions .So I will explain how it works ( very simple actually), I hope it will also anwser to your questions allamp.

The right electric switch is used to run two pumps AND to activate a pneumatic switch. So, when you incline this switch, compressor with two pumps begins to run and to provide air to the four arm pneumatic cylinders. Direction motor rotation has no importance ( air is still pumped) so it doesn't matter if the motor begins to run in the other direction when you want to use pneumatic switch. The left electric switch works on the same principe but with only one pump because it's used to operate only two pneumatic cylinders. So we have two electric switch linked with two pneumatic one. But one pneumatic function is again needed : switching from one mod to other mod. The only way to achieve this function is to use a manual pump with its own pneumatic circuit. Actually, it's important to understand that each pneumatic circuit is independant to each other.

I choose to use this solution for an improved reactivity.

Hope to be clear :)

Edited by GuiliuG

The right electric switch is used to run two pumps AND to activate a pneumatic switch. So, when you incline this switch, compressor with two pumps begins to run and to provide air to the four arm pneumatic cylinders. Direction motor rotation has no importance ( air is still pumped) so it doesn't matter if the motor begins to run in the other direction when you want to use pneumatic switch. The left electric switch works on the same principe but with only one pump because it's used to operate only two pneumatic cylinders. So we have two electric switch linked with two pneumatic one. But one pneumatic function is again needed : switching from one mod to other mod. The only way to achieve this function is to use a manual pump with its own pneumatic circuit. Actually, it's important to understand that each pneumatic circuit is independant to each other.

The key to understanding this is realizing that the pumps are NOT interconnected. There are 3 separate pneumatic circuits. The first has 2 pumps and runs the boom lift. The second has 1 pump and runs the bucket. They each have their own motor. The manual pump runs the transmission switching. There is no pressure relief valve. Rather, the pumps only run when the switch is moved turning on the power.

By contrast, JC's controller uses 4 pumps all linked together which power ALL pneumatic functions. The motors are turned on and off my a relief valve and have nothing to do with the position of the pneumatic switches.

Sorry I didn't post any pictures of the controller.

One thing I don't like about PF is that the extension cables are not very long and therefore the umbilical is not very long. Also, attaching an extension requires the wires to be attached facing the same direction. The old wires made much better extensions.

Sorry, but I don't want to release the CAD file when instructions are being sold. In addition to the CAD, all the instruction details are in there and it contains all my secrets. :sweet:

Fair, but you properly now my standpoint. That I am never gonna support buying instructions. I personally believes that its a different thing regarding mocs(e.g pneumatics motor that come pre-build) or just parts on bricklink.

Honestly I am must say, that your view don't fost co-operation, it more inspires competition of prestige. But I on the other hand I see why you rightfully regards the costum made instructions as valueable, because you have spend lots of time on it.

But it makes really hard, everybody just in a cad like sr3d to analyse the model and tried release a improved version on it.

And I know that right now instruction creation, is largely a manuel process. But I hope that process can be automate a lot more in the future. And I also hopes to see, reverse software that analyse pictures of models, and the by the help of Ldraw and maybe a Kinect sensor are able to generate a cad model. I would do so many thing alot more easy here in the start of 21th century, but again TLG will properly comeback in less that a decade. Seeing those interactive playground demo running on quadcore i5 and i7 intel chip. With the help of kinect, I believ that the big question is how they will handle LDraw and sr3d in the long run, because sr3d has the best brick engine, while it ui needs a bit of work.

And with LDraw there tlg, has a for instance during legoworld convention admitted that they makes there brick i something like autodesk, and then some other software. But they are starting to also use Ldraw because it is easy for them.

How much would it cost to build the GG001? :classic:

I don't if even just post to rebrickable.com(where you could export a part list to BL), but start count on 7 x large pneumactics cylinders + aleast 2 x pf-m motors, + 4 pf-switches and lots of gearing parts.

It depends wheter you already have lot of parts or not. If you have no parts, so it will cost you probably 300 euros. But honnestly, most of the parts are common ( ok, not the 3 grey pumps). Also, jacobkristensen, we can't give you the file to be fair with other people. What do you think, that we are going to give you the file ( and with it you can built the model, yes harder but it's stil feasible) when other need to pay 5 euros?! It would be completly unfair and I don't like this word. I hope you understand :)

How much would it cost to build the GG001? :classic:

It will not be as dear as Jurgen Krooshoop's excavator. :laugh:

It depends wheter you already have lot of parts or not. If you have no parts, so it will cost you probably 300 euros. But honnestly, most of the parts are common ( ok, not the 3 grey pumps). Also, jacobkristensen, we can't give you the file to be fair with other people. What do you think, that we are going to give you the file ( and with it you can built the model, yes harder but it's stil feasible) when other need to pay 5 euros?! It would be completly unfair and I don't like this word. I hope you understand :)

I do understand and don't ask(and never had) for special treatment. But I object to your way, that ain't helping everybody inspiring each other for free. And this sadly ain't the firste moc I have seen where the creators have taken this stance. Renember what lego was about in the first place!

I remember what lego are, but I also remember how many times blakbird and myself spend creating these building instructions ( for other people pleasure) when we could do other things ( such as creating MOCs for me).

I remember what lego are, but I also remember how many times blakbird and myself spend creating these building instructions ( for other people pleasure) when we could do other things ( such as creating MOCs for me).

Yeah of course, but I know from personal expirence that adults often don't needs instructions if they just got either a good bounce of pictures or a 3d model. And of course the instruction are handy, but we aren't dependeable on them any more. Even LDD can for create extremly basic instructions.

Can't you see that you boost/increase the need for instructions because you only releases a portion of the material to free (ab)use of the public? Beyond the natual demand?

Edited by jacobkristensen

Yeah of course, but I know from personal expirence that adults often don't needs instructions if they just got either a good bounce of pictures or a 3d model. And of course the instruction are handy, but we aren't dependeable on them any more. Even LDD can for create extremly basic instructions.

Cant you see that you boost/increase the need for instructions because you only a portion of the material to free (ab)use of the public?

There are already some pictures in his BrickShelf folder. I think that 5 euros for this creation is fair. I have created some

instructions for mindsensors.com which took some time and this wasn't even a complex MOC. He and Blakbird did a very good job and put a lot of effort in this. Guiliug doesn't need those instructions for himself, he just wants to share his beautiful creation with the world. You are not obliged to buy these if you don't want too. But it is a good MOC if you start playing LEGO Technic and like mechanics. Giving instructions for free is cool, but there are people who don't use them properly by not crediting the actual builder. Spending 5 euros is not to make money, but to say: creating this took a lot of free time, hopefully you understand.

No offence, you may have another opinion about this.

Edited by Ramacco

There are already some pictures in his BrickShelf folder. I think that 5 euros for this creation is fair. I have created some

instructions for mindsensors.com which took some time and this wasn't even a complex MOC. He and Blakbird did a very good job and put a lot of effort in this. Guiliug doesn't need those instructions for himself, he just wants to share his beautiful creation with the world. You are not obliged to buy these if you don't want too. But it is a good MOC if you start playing LEGO Technic and like mechanics. Giving instructions for free is cool, but there are people who don't use them properly by not crediting the actual builder. Spending 5 euros is not to make money, but to say: creating this took a lot of free time, hopefully you understand.

No offence, you may have another opinion about this.

I have never asked, nor proposed that the instructions be releases free of charge(cornering those that "made by hand"). And I have seen his BS folder, and I can see that they have done creat job again. And Blackbirds pov-ray renders are as always fantasic to look at. But they don't take much time when, you got the 3d model. And it out fear that others will make another set of instructions that won't want them to be released.

And that I think is foolish, because what about those of us, who like to something try our designs on computer first, we are left out in the cool. Or force to make 3d model them self.

Edited by jacobkristensen

getting back at the topic :tongue:

nicely done Guiliug als the same credits for Blakbird:thumbup:

getting back at the topic :tongue:

nicely done Guiliug als the same credits for Blakbird:thumbup:

Thanks. The old topic of whether or not people should be selling instructions is not going to be solved in this thread, and it is not going to be solved ever. There's no reason to derail this topic, which is supposed to be about GuiliuG's amazing MOC, into that same old discussion. There are plenty of other discussions in which you can read everything anyone ever had to say on the subject. Let's stay friendly and keep this discussion on track!

Edited by Blakbird

Only € 5 for something that took over 100 hours to make ? Sounds like charity for the community. Great work !! :thumbup:

That's what I'm thinking! :thumbup:

Exactly... We spend hundrets of € or $ and now complain about 5€??? You're kiddin?

Edited by Pat-Ard

I do understand and don't ask(and never had) for special treatment. But I object to your way, that ain't helping everybody inspiring each other for free. And this sadly ain't the firste moc I have seen where the creators have taken this stance. Renember what lego was about in the first place!

I am curious... What was Lego about in the first place..?