forumreader

Rumors and speculation: Haunted House Modular

Presuming that the building outed in the Town Hall introduction video is in the Haunted House modular:

Y5IMJ.jpg

Any additional info out there?

It's an interesting deviation from the traditional street scene, if it is indeed planned to be part of the normal modular line.

It's definitely not scaled properly to be a modular, but it could be a larger-end Creator house.

ETA: Just saw the ghosts in front - most likely a yet-to-be-revealed Monster Fighters set.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

Might we be getting another Modular Building this year?

bildschirmfoto_2012-02-16_um_17.11.14.png

What do you think? *merged to a similar topic

Edited by grogall

Might we be getting another Modular Building this year?

What do you think?

Those look like ghosts to me on the front, so I expect it's part of the Monsters line.

Those look like ghosts to me on the front, so I expect it's part of the Monsters line.

Looks to large to be a regular set!?

Maybe something for Halloween? :pirate_skel1:

I have closed this topic.

Member guidelines state:

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

I was mistaken that this topic contained a confidential image. However, another topic was created of the same set right before this topic was started.

I'll merge them.

Great another version of a thread that I posted but mine was locked!? :pir_bawling:

Great another version of a thread that I posted but mine was locked!? :pir_bawling:

Except that this thread was posted first, so maybe look around a bit before starting a new thread the next time. :wink:

And if you have an issue with your thread being locked, you should have PM'ed Phred (who locked it).

It's definitely not scaled properly to be a modular, but it could be a larger-end Creator house.

ETA: Just saw the ghosts in front - most likely a yet-to-be-revealed Monster Fighters set.

Monster Fighter Series surely fits a haunted house idea, but I doubt if TLC dares to release an Exclusive set for Monster Fighter series. It seems to me pretty risky for a short-life and non-licenced series to have an Exclusive set in terms of sales...

Except that this thread was posted first, so maybe look around a bit before starting a new thread the next time. :wink:

And if you have an issue with your thread being locked, you should have PM'ed Phred (who locked it).

Ok saw now that he posted first but it could just have merged it! wasn't intentional, and the picture I used was just zoomed!? :cry_sad:

Yes, it definitely looks like a haunted house, probably it's the 'big' set for the monster hunters line? I say it's not a modular for sure, because it seems to be detailed at all sides, like a normal play set. Unlike the modulars, who always have flat, undetailed sides with technic pins so they can be connected to each other. There's also no sidewalk in front of the building.

This is definitely not part of the modular building series (it has detailed sides and doesn't fit the aesthetic of the modular buildings). I assume it is a D2C set that will be released in late summer, early fall to capitalize on Halloween like Monster Fighters, but it won't be part of the same line. From what I can see, it looks pretty cool!

Edited by autobrick

Yes, it definitely looks like a haunted house, probably it's the 'big' set for the monster hunters line? I say it's not a modular for sure, because it seems to be detailed at all sides, like a normal play set. Unlike the modulars, who always have flat, undetailed sides with technic pins so they can be connected to each other. There's also no sidewalk in front of the building.

I dont know, its looks pretty modular-ish to me, with its size and the "complete/enclosed" look, whereas regular sets are smaller and pretty open, with often just a facade.

The fact that we only see two sides isnt helping either of our arguments, as it could be either open (like a regular set) or plain (like a creator set), or just as detailed (maybe a creator set?). And the gate and fence do seem to be offset by a few studs from the edge of the plate, so maybe there is room for a sidewalk. Two sides visible might also mean its a modular corner building.

I did think a haunted mansion was missing from the Monster Fighters lineup, but I too am skeptical of an Exclusive for this line. There is supposed to be a set called Zombies (or somesuch), of which we didnt see or hear anything, maybe it would be about some folks besieged in this house by zombies? But what about the ghosts?

Couldnt it just be a scrapped idea or prototype, or project just-for-fun, or something?

Edited by Ardelon

I dont know, its looks pretty modular-ish to me, with its size and the "complete/enclosed" look, whereas regular sets are smaller and pretty open, with often just a facade.

The fact that we only see two sides isnt helping either of our arguments, as it could be either open (like a regular set) or plain (like a creator set), or just as detailed (maybe a creator set?). And the gate and fence do seem to be offset by a few studs from the edge of the plate, so maybe there is room for a sidewalk. Two sides visible might also mean its a modular corner building.

I did think a haunted mansion was missing from the Monster Fighters lineup, but I too am skeptical of an Exclusive for this line. There is supposed to be a set called Zombies (or somesuch), of which we didnt see or hear anything, maybe it would be about some folks besieged in this house by zombies? But what about the ghosts?

Couldnt it just be a scrapped idea or prototype, or project just-for-fun, or something?

You're right, it could be a modular corner building, but then again, CC and GE have the entrance right at the corner, and this one seems to have a normal front facade with a less detailed side to the right. Anyway, it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the modulars imo. But since it looks quite big and more detailed than regular sets, my guess would be it's either some kind of exclusive, or like you said they built it as part of a backdrop for exhibitions/Legoland or something like this.

Ok saw now that he posted first but it could just have merged it! wasn't intentional, and the picture I used was just zoomed!? :cry_sad:

I apologize for the misunderstanding grogall. The two topics have been merged.

Well its definitely a USC set, or they would not make a video for it?

Like I said it might be something for Halloween, but it look really good and is a nice looking set! I hope we here more about it soon! :sick:

I apologize for the misunderstanding grogall. The two topics have been merged.

Thanks, no problem! :blush:

yys4u posted this in the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread:

I may be able to add some credibility to the Flying Dutchman rumors, although they are a bit of a stretch.

A member on Brickset forums, (don't know if he's on this forum or not) told us over there that there would be a large Flying Dutchman set and then later said there would be a huge haunted house set to fit with the Modular Buildings. Well both these claims seemed far fetched but he insisted he had a "source" that has been right about these things in the past.

Well a video was posted today, the press release for the New Modular Building the Town Hall, and in the first 2 seconds of the video you can see a designer and a huge haunted house on the edge of the screen. (In an earlier shot you can see another designer and the rumored upcoming UCS R2D2). Sorry I'd post a link, but from when I saw the video till half way through writing this, it's been marked as private....

So to the point, if this person was right about 1 of 2 of his rumors, maybe he was also telling the truth about the Flying Dutchman? So I know its a stretch, but I was so surprised to see LEGO pull this huge Haunted House out of no where, that there could be some validation the the claims.

**EDIT** It seems eurobricks has already begun discussion on the Haunted House so I was able to find a picture on this thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66366

yys4u posted this in the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread:

*stuff*

Very interesting, but I'm still hesitant to believe that it's an actual modular building. It just seems so out of place there. Unless Lego decided to branch out the modular series into other, non-city themes...

What's next, a modular space base? Now that would be awesome, wouldn't it :grin:

Very interesting, but I'm still hesitant to believe that it's an actual modular building. It just seems so out of place there. Unless Lego decided to branch out the modular series into other, non-city themes...

What's next, a modular space base? Now that would be awesome, wouldn't it :grin:

It would be really cool if TLG branched out - a modular castle/palace (as in modular scale), modular pirate ship (not sure if horizontal or vertical modules :grin:), ...

That house reminds me of The Munster's house (1960's TV sit-com), but this image could be the reason why the town hall clip was made private on YouTube ? :wink:

It could be an extension of Monster Fighters. :wink:

That house reminds me of The Munster's house (1960's TV sit-com), but this image could be the reason why the town hall clip was made private on YouTube ? :wink:

It could be an extension of Monster Fighters. :wink:

Now I want Grandpa and Herman figures, thanks Lightningtiger :tongue:

I agree. Given the Toth sketches linked by Clone O'Patra it would appear that it is more related to Monster Fighters. Either way I am excited to see this and hope we can find out more in the future. The fact that they seem to have made a video presentation means that it's very likely a real set coming in the future.

Edit: I went ahead and clipped the relevant part of the sketches

HauntedManor.jpg

Also the discussion about a large Flying Dutchman set in the Pirates thread could actually be the Ghost Ship in those same Toth sketches rather than a Pirate themed set. Interesting.

GhostBoat.jpg

Edited by sharky