Khorne

The Isabella, a ship made by LeGoPiRaTe1

thindexedgif.gif 15c

I was browsing and I suddenly saw this nice ship. I don't know if the builder is a user here, but I'm posting it anyway.

img_0966.jpg_thumb.jpg

I don't like how close the masts are to each other... And I am also not in love with te colour scheme.... But then I rembered this ship...

The figurehead looks interesting, too bad there's all the pics of it are pretty fussy. It has nice detail, here is a fairly scaled down stern pic that has evaded Phes showing some good detail;

pirateship007.jpg

I don't like how close the masts are to each other...

Yes, I concur.

And I am also not in love with te colour scheme.... But then I rembered this ship...

:-P Indeed.

That's an interesting looking stern! The yellow really constrasts with the the blue in that picture, but what I'm wondering most is what are those black spherical things? They look like a row of cannon balls!

but what I'm wondering most is what are those black spherical things? They look like a row of cannon balls!

Yes they are technic ball joints, the peices that both Ghoulrealm and Baron Sat have used for cannon balls.

Mr Oo7 you seem to have a very extensive knowledge of pieces yet I don't recall seeing ,any of your MOCs. How did you gain this knowledge without making MOCs? Or are you making MOCs and I'm just not seeing them?

Yes you have Mr Oo7, but unlike you I don't have a very good knowledge of LEGO peices.

Let us not forget A Caribbean Port and The HMS Joe Vig. I particular like the Caribbean Port because it uses one of the more recent baseplates very well.

Anyway, we're supposed to be discussion the Isabella here so I desist from going off topic any further!

It appears LeGoPiRaTe1 has made an attempt as building his own cannon, as seen in this extremely grainy image.

pirateship011.jpg

What do we think of this approach?

Interesting ship... I went from thinking 'not good at all' from the thumbnail... to being interested in the final result and unique 'swish' of colour. Thanks for posting this and God bless,

Nathan

It appears LeGoPiRaTe1 has made an attempt as building his own cannon, as seen in this extremely grainy image.

pirateship011.jpg

What do we think of this approach?

It can be because it is grainy, but it looks way too complex...

until I got a better view of it:

click it...

Okay, not so complex, but I don't like the brown knob on the back of the cannon, should be in black...

Wow, awsome ship. I love the color scheme *wub* . I do think that the there may be too many masts or just to close. Those masts are pretty cool as well. The stern is also very well done. However, I don't like the look of how the rudder is backwards.

Does anyone think that the streak of blue clashes with the brown?

I'm not sure at the moment but I'm thinking that there could be more colour variation. I'll need to ponder this...

I'm impressed with the execution of this design. The color scheme is in high contrast but I love it. The detail is unique and interesting. I agree that the mast are too close together and I would have opted for the blue striped sails if possible.

The cannon is quite nice too. One of my overall favorites. Very well done!

I don't like how close the masts are to each other... And I am also not in love with te colour scheme.... But then I rembered this ship...

WOW 8-

Do you mean the Isabella, or the christmas tree ship?

Det christmas tree ship. I like the combination of red, green and black.

The Isabella is also a fine boat, but i think there's a bit to much brown to my tast.

If we were to look at the Caribbean which obviously uses a brown and blue colour scheme, we notice that these colours are balanced out by splashes of white, yellow and black. The Isabella has some of this on its stern, however, perhaps the rest of the ship could benefit from some variation like this.

6274-1.jpg

Welcome to Eurobricks LegoPirate!

*y* Your Soliel Royal looks great, and HUGE! Your a very clever builder, the gunports and mast use a very innovative snot technique. I wish you luck on this great endeavor and it looks like your photography skills have improved too!

P.S. there's another thread about a Soliel Royal, see it here.

I am very immpressed by that Soleil Royal! oo7, I see you typed Soliel instead of Soleil, and now I am confused! What is the good word??

I am very immpressed by that Soleil Royal! oo7, I see you typed Soliel instead of Soleil, and now I am confused! What is the good word??

If he means the french word for sun, then 'soleil' is the correct word ;-) .

Oops sorry, and for the next time, never trust me with spelling, and especially when I'm spelling in French. ;-)