Sign in to follow this  
Rook

Micro Scale Pod Racer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Micro Scale Pod Racer: PCHLUG 101 Challenge Podracing!

101 pieces with frame and driver. ;)

6875701511_73fd20447b_z.jpg

It’s hard to see but if look closely you’ll note that the frame is built off a single 1x1x1 5 studded brick. The pods are supported at 45 degree angles from the center brick and the sled is support at about a 20 degree angle. Coming forward from the center point are two trans poles support the weight of the engines and keep it from tipping forward at center point of the frame.

6875689871_ee8579178b_z.jpg

Simply beautifull pods. Stunning color combo; orange + grey works for me! But most of all the aligned 'electricity' pieces.

that looks awesome. love the trophy as a pilot lol are those two lightning pieces glued together or something? if not they really sturdy

Nope, not glued. Glue + Lego = Makes me sick. :cry_sad::sick:

If you look closely at the trans and white frame under the ship that is the key. Read the description between the two images again and when I take it apart I’ll take a picture of just the frame.

Ah found an image I didn't use that you can see the frame in better.

img_5113.jpg

Edited by Rook

Great work Rook! You've made good work with the small scale that is required here, I don't think I'll be entering the contest. And nice use of those box parts!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

*huh*, the use of the minifig trophy and the lightning pieces, and the frame, and the space guns, and... well all of it :wub: :wub:.

WOW you've been busy lately Rook. Nice little pod mate.

I like your pod stand, very ingenious.

I'm always busy. I just took a few days off of a large scale project to do some contest entries. :blush::thumbup: