Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Battle of Theed Part 1: Retaking the Palace

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello all, here's my first contribution to the EB SW Community Build for Episode I: The Phantom Menace (very fitting that it's happening when the first 3-D movie is being released). It's been over two years since my last SW MOC, so any C&C would be much appreciated. :blush:

The first part of the Battle of Theed depicts Padme Amidala and her guards retaking Theed Palace, one hallway at a time.

6872497063_ea27a2e018_z.jpg

6872496599_bdb2095508_z.jpg

6872496081_38cfe5c133_z.jpg

6872495501_f43298ff11_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Looks good. The only thing is that I would like more detail on the columns, (and size, Theed Palace columns were quite large) and more blaster bolts.

Looks good. The only thing is that I would like more detail on the columns, (and size, Theed Palace columns were quite large) and more blaster bolts.

Also, one of the guards seems to have fallen over while you were posing it. :roflmao:

Nice work. It has that clean Naboo feel without being too boring. The window is particularly interesting, the techniques are simply and effective.

Very good, JimB! Nice to see you mocing again. :classic: I like how you did the window. I gotta agree with Legoman that the whole scene seems downsized, but it doesn't bother me too much since it looks kinda cute this way. :blush:

Also, one of the guards seems to have fallen over while you were posing it. :roflmao:

Nice work. It has that clean Naboo feel without being too boring. The window is particularly interesting, the techniques are simply and effective.

I believe. He's dead...seeing as he dropped his gun.

A cool little dio. I don't need to repeat what others said, but I will say that, IMO, the pictures look weird and out of place. I don't remember there being pictures on the palace walls.

A cool little dio. I don't need to repeat what others said, but I will say that, IMO, the pictures look weird and out of place. I don't remember there being pictures on the palace walls.

He should have fallen the other way. And Naboo guards don't carry long blasters.

Nice work, JimB! I'm loving the window. :thumbup: I do think the columns need to go all the way up to the top of the vig, though.

Dead by what? A battle droid? Don't be silly.... :sarcasm_smug:

A nice clean vignette and as others have said the window looks really good :thumbup: . I also like the use of printed tiles for wall art (surely they must have had some pictures on the walls at Theed?), I think these are quite fun and I have a bit of an obsession with printed parts.

Seems to me that the guy on the floor just has a headache, you can tell by the position of his hand - somebody get him an aspirin dammit! :laugh:

Instantly recognisable scene from the movie. And I like how "clean" it is, the window is the focal point and too much detail could take away from that.

While it's not entirely accurate, it's good enough! :classic:

I enjoy the overall scene and it looks like a lovely contribution to the community build.

Thanks for your comments everyone! :sweet:

Yeah, I wish I had some macaroni parts or large quarter-column pieces in tan. What sorts of details on the columns would you have liked to have seen?

He should have fallen the other way. And Naboo guards don't carry long blasters.

Yes, he's dead/was shot. :wink: Why should he have fallen the other way, though? I don't imagine the shot would've propelled him backward. He could've just fallen to his knees...

IMO, the pictures look weird and out of place. I don't remember there being pictures on the palace walls.

No, the scene was not meant to be accurate to every little detail (including the gun size...), the pictures were just added for decoration. I imagine they'd be in the palace. I imagine the picture of the female minifig to be a past queen.

Seems to me that the guy on the floor just has a headache, you can tell by the position of his hand - somebody get him an aspirin dammit! :laugh:

:laugh:

Indeed it's great to see you back in the SW side of things JimB! I really like the simplistic beauty of this build, and the lighting of the presentation really gives it an elegant atmosphere of the palace, even if it is just a small 'slice of the whole'. And that window detailing is clever, great work! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

oooh that a nice window JimButcher :thumbup:. Wait waht there's a battle going on in front of it, where?

:tongue:

I must get mine done at some point.

Thanks for your comments everyone! :sweet:

Yeah, I wish I had some macaroni parts or large quarter-column pieces in tan. What sorts of details on the columns would you have liked to have seen?

Yes, he's dead/was shot. :wink: Why should he have fallen the other way, though? I don't imagine the shot would've propelled him backward. He could've just fallen to his knees...

No, the scene was not meant to be accurate to every little detail (including the gun size...), the pictures were just added for decoration. I imagine they'd be in the palace. I imagine the picture of the female minifig to be a past queen.

:laugh:

As for details:

Check out these pics; especially this one. They give a better explaination than I could.