Sign in to follow this  
adrian_dixon

MOC: DQ Class Loco

Hello i just thought i would share a MOC that i have been working on for some time now, It is of a Tasrail DQ class loco number 2012 that was painted to commemorate 75 years of continuous mill operation at the MMG Rosebery mine.

I have started a MOC of another dq class loco in the old red and yellow livery with 2 power function m with both front and rear trucks powered unfortunately i can not fit the battery and ir receiver in the loco so it will have to go on a separate wagon, I will post up some pics once that is complete.

Now i have to give alot of credit to Daniel aubin for his instructions for the GE C30-7 on railbricks as i used the 3 axle truck design and got alot of ideas from that train.

Now i think my pics are to big to deeplink to the site so i will just link to my brickshelf folderhere

Hereis a link to a photo of the real loco

Let me know what you think and any ideas for improvement.

Here is a few resized images.

small_front.jpg

small_rear.jpg

small_side.jpg

Edited by adrian_dixon

Very nice engine 'adrian', perhaps you could resize and deep-link those resized images straight in to your post. :wink:

Excellent work, though that yellow will get dirty at the mines to easy ! :laugh:

Brick On 'adrian' ! :classic:

Hi adrian_dixon,

Very impressive. I have to admit that what I thought was "wrong" about your model (unsymetrical front windows, low and square short hood) are spot on with the real loco's photo. I can't think of very many ways to improve it as it is, maybe hang a 3854 or a 60608 behind the cab (although I'm not sure how...)

By the way, the three-axle truck is not my design. I borrowed it from Scot Ward. It was featured in Railbricks issue 6, page 62-65.

Dan-147

Thanks everyone for the comments. The front windows and the low hood are very distinctive features on this train so i spent a lot of time getting the windows right. I am happy with the look of the train I just wish I could sort out the last of the decals to finish it off. I will post up some pictures when I have all the decals done.