Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Old Aussie Hardware Store

indexed.gif B-OV-26B

G'day everyone, I was looking for something to inspire me yesterday and found it in an old book on Australian history and a further hunt at the Trove library website pump me along even more.

So here is a tease image, still some interior work and of course my favourite thing.....stickers - oh, you are going to love those when I'm finished. :wink:

6840479687_99f86e1248_b.jpg

Here is one of images I have used to get inspiration and ideas from 234,514PD.jpg

More to come tomorrow, any suggestions or questions, etc, ? :classic:

Nice start, LT.

Tram tracks, lamp and shopfront look nice already.

I like where this is going.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ', actually if this one works well for me....I might expand it down the track so to speak ! :laugh:

I wouldn't mind building an old Coles variety store, a butcher and even a shoe shop to boot...sorry another pun.

Any ideas and suggestions, I just love creating town stuff ! :excited:

I love those old signs, the letters look hand-drawn and personalized, not like the generic computer generated stuff of today. The stickers are going to be great :thumbup:

I love those old signs, the letters look hand-drawn and personalized, not like the generic computer generated stuff of today. The stickers are going to be great :thumbup:

Well, the computer has come in handy for my stickers going on this one, a lot of hard work painting the Berger Paints signage....oops, gave it away....you'll have to wait till tomorrow when I buy a fresh packet of photo sticker paper. :wink:

Thanks for the comment 'DrNightmare'. :classic:

very nice indeed... and what can I say ;)

my minifigs agree about the stickers :p (link)

Nice job, good looking old hardware store, should look even better with the stickers.

Thanks 'jonwil', I'm currently looking for paint tin label images for Berger....found a few but they need colourising.

Oop's....sorry 'JopieK' I missed your comments, thank you for them....oh, yeah thanks for the link...pity or is it lucky I don't have a credit card any more ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Well, I just thought of my banner that I made some time ago, not nice to post directly in your topic...

Yups it is always costly, same problem here (not so much for stickers, but bricklink etc :)) and electronics of course...

Thanks everyone for the feedback, more grey ? there's the road and tram tracks. :laugh:

I should have the stickers done in the next 10 hours....must go and earn the cash first ! :wink:

Fingers crossed if I can make more in this new sub-theme of my own, I wonder if the tracks will still join together eh ? :wink:

The hardest thing at the moment is the big signs on top of the building....the window strip sticker is designed. :classic:

Keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Nice start lightningtiger, cant wait to see it with the finnished stickers. This could make a very good sub-theme for you. Will you be making a tram to go with the tram tracks if you expand to a larger streetscape?

Thanks 'michaelozzie' for your kind words, and yes...a tram might be considered.....I was only thinking that this morning, a trip to the tram museum is in order again. :wink:

It would be an MTT type (that's was the name of the tramways in South Australia in the early to mid 20th century)....electric, yes....but styling ? :wink:

Ah, yes early 20th century related to No.1 tram from 1908.....I was actually thinking somewhere from the 1930's to the early 1950's....but one you choose.....hmm, I'll think about it. :wink:

Now normally I wouldn't do a bump post but when you have some COOL photos....hey, go with flow I say ! :grin:

I did say, stickering didn't I ? :grin:

6845750473_9458793273_b.jpg

Below, we see the old Air Force Officer about to walk into the store, the guy in the suit is a hardware rep....fresh order of fibre washers and coach screws taken.

6845750271_cc441a9692_b.jpg

6845758409_68a843d432_b.jpg

Now, the next two images are the interior of the store, the owner just noticed the old pilot coming in and knows he wont leave for an hour or three....buying stuff yes, telling the same war stories over again and again.....a HUGE YES! :laugh:

6845750029_d2c9043128_b.jpg

6845749795_25422e5587_b.jpg

A photograph taken from a different angle, showing the street light/power pole and of course the tram track.

6845749573_d0630c537f_b.jpg

Comments welcome.

Thanks 'AJ' :classic: , five hours of hard work designing the signs yesterday and finances running low...I try and keep going with the next build....hopefully a milk bar.

The part i like most about this MOC is the road, i would love to have a brick built road like that with the train line built in for the tram, but would just cost way to much to make it a decent size. Looks awesome with the stickers on though

Looking sharp LT!

It's clear to see, that your on home ground here. The colours and stickers match real good and for a dane, it looks authentic :sweet:

That dosn't mean that I'm not looking forward to see your danish inspired village grow :wink:

Lightningtiger - before joining Eurobricks, your creations on Brickshelf always grabbed my attention. I love the way you capture the Australia atmosphere, yet are able to achieve the playable nature of LEGO sets. And once again, this hardware store fits in perfectly. Looking forward to seeing more creations.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks 'cossack225', 'MadManMingo' and 'Kryne' for your kind comments :classic: , yes 'MMM' I will be working on my Danish village again real soon, but first I have a milk bar to build plus another store and a tram....then back on to Danish and Lego city style stuff. :wink:

Keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Very nice... I like the Traditional style and signs. As for a tram why not a cable tram... I made one a while back based on a system operated in Melbourne in the first half of the 20th c. The original post seems to have gone but here's a couple of pics (hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread)

ldd1.jpg

ldd3.jpg