JopieK

New 2012 Train: 9467 Ghost Train

Yet another train:

I don't think this one has track at all. Those strange wheels, uh, technic wheels with rubber rings you mean... But then again at least the loc has real train stuff on it:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Around 0:45

http://www.mrtoystoy...asp?ItemID=6726

Lego Ghost Train 9467

ID: 16719

Due 15/8

Don't Pay $99.99

Price: $89.99

Was also seen by our EB friends here

Image update from DaddyDeuce Feb 4:

ItxH6.jpg

Image update from LegoMojo link Feb 13:

gallery_174_44_22555.jpg

FBTB FlickR image link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/72157629295913237/with/6867345631/

I figured sooner or later, as speculation about the new Monster Fighters theme continues, someone would bring up the Ghost Train. This is right up my alley as I've always wanted to see LEGO offer a Ghost Train. Unfortunaly, it reminds me a bit of the old 6497 Twisted Time Train for the kiddies. It does looks a whole lot better and I like the darker overtone. There is always the balance between the amount of play and appeal for the kiddies with cost and quality design that we AFOL are interested in seeing. It definitely is a kiddie train, but that doesn't make it bad. It certainly is not the Emerald Night but it's fun and the kids will probably love it. I can see a lot of modification potential and for a spooky village scene, this would probably make a fantastic little train.

My humble attempt to make a fun Ghost Train a few years back:

ghostline.jpg

wwwagon.jpg

bricktobertransport.jpg

and even another of the Wild West variety:

skeleton_crew.jpg

freight_wagon.jpg

See more images here.

In any case, I'm glad to see LEGO offer a Ghost Train as part of a fun and spooky theme. :thumbup:

EDIT: a black cattle catcher - sweet! :wub:

Well, indeed yours is much better and the train indeed resembles the time twisted set very much :(

fortunately the new set has a neat locomotive...

b.t.w. no inventory yet, but the small train wheels from set 6857:

Lego-batman-DC-Universe-Super-Heroes-Dynamic-Duo-Funhouse-Escape-6857.jpg

Nice small train wheels in white...

i really am looking forward to this set, because of the parts.

it's nice to see lego trying to get as much use out of those large locomotive wheel toolings, and the black cowcatcher :wub:

one thing that would really top lego off in the way of trains, is a city park with a plinthed steam loco on it. like a 2-8-0.

Yeah... my impression of the Ghost Train looks a lot like the Time Twister Train.

Is it too early for April Fools...?

:tongue:

If that is the only train set, my wallet can rest easy this year for the most part. :sceptic:

The Time Twisted trains were great.

As soon as I got my hands on one, I just had to get it to move on the tracks.

ghosttrain.jpg

The 'engine' was modified similar to the build of the '9V snow plough'.

engine.jpg

This makes the funnel spin around.

I covered a 9V motor and added a micro motor. This slowly turns the witches' coven and the palm tree.

witches.jpg

I added a spinning ghost to Bat Lord's car.

batlord.jpg

it looks very effective when on the move.

Edited by brickie

Thanks TheBrickster.

When we display at model train shows, the kids do love it.

Of course, it can't travel too far on the layout as it doesn't fit through tunnels, etc.

Cool to see something special coming soon.

From the batman set, I love that very much....how to get a longer one thou? can use current tracks?

I haven't buy it yet :hmpf:

The price seems a little high, esp. compared to Woody's Western Train, but I still think it looks like a fun set. The airplane is an interesting addition. We've never had an airplane in a train set before, so a transport wagon for the aircraft would make a nice custom mod.

The Time Twisted trains were great.

What blue color is that? I can't tell from the picture, but it looks really light.

What blue color is that? I can't tell from the picture, but it looks really light.

This thread is really not about the Time Twister Train (TTT) but LEGO's new Monster Fighter Ghost Train. These pictures; however, demonstrate why pictures aren't always a good way to show the comparison between shades of blue, esp. when the colors are close (as mentioned in the topic related to Maersk blue). The TTT pictured is most likely standard blue (or whatever LEGO is calling this color these days). Brickie: please correct me if I'm mistaken, but let's keep this topic on the Ghost Train. Much appreciated.

The standard blue colour under flash light = light blue.

@ TheBrickster : I added those photos in this thread to follow on with your 'gravestone' train.

The standard blue colour under flash light = light blue.

@ TheBrickster : I added those photos in this thread to follow on with your 'gravestone' train.

Thanks.

Ghost Train looks nice. Didn't even think about the pictures when I replied on first go around...was on a quick break at work, and, well, enough excuses....won't do it again.

Brickie: you're fine - not a problem. The Time Twister Train was mentioned, so not an issue with you sharing pictures. In fact, it was good to see the train up close. I meant "mistaken" about the color and just a reminder to all that this topic is about the Ghost Train.

Tearloch: thanks. Appreciate you removing the quoted images and understanding.

With 10194 (Emerald Night) discontinued, and 7597 (Western Train Chase) in the process of selling out, I was afraid that LEGO might not offer any sets with the new large 85489a/85489b driver wheels. I had been contemplating trying to buy a bunch of extra black wheels from the secondary market since the only apparent source was people parting out their Emerald Nights.

Pictures of the new 9467 Ghost Train from the Nuremberg toy show have begun to show up online and it looks like this set will include the new drivers in black as well as the 90201 Cow Catcher in black.

ItxH6.jpg

From this fuzzy picture it is hard to get a good view of the engine. Maybe someone else has found a better photo?

Hard to say how the engine would look with all the "skeleton" greebles stripped off, as well as whether it was designed for easy motorization?

Edited by DaddyDeuce

Great shot DD - thanks for sharing. We've got a topic about the Ghost Train already started, so I've merged your topic with the existing discussion.

I don't know about that face on the front of the boiler though - gives me a Thomas vibe. While I love trains and not to get the discussion off topic, I'm loving that castle. :wub:

Yet another train:

I don't think this one has track at all. Those strange wheels, uh, technic wheels with rubber rings you mean... But then again at least the loc has real train stuff on it:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Around 0:45

http://www.mrtoystoy...asp?ItemID=6726

Lego Ghost Train 9467

ID: 16719

Due 15/8

Don't Pay $99.99

Price: $89.99

Was also seen by our EB friends here

the youtubevideo has been removed by lego

I don't know about that face on the front of the boiler though - gives me a Thomas vibe.

I'm thinking that a Zombie Thomas engine could be an interesting sub-genre :) Ghostly or not I'm just pleased that Lego is releasing a new Train.....

Great shot DD - thanks for sharing. We've got a topic about the Ghost Train already started, so I've merged your topic with the existing discussion.

My mistake, somehow I missed this thread. Still glad to see the wheels being used again (and this meaning they probably won't cost an arm and leg on BL). Hopefully this time the pictures will stay up since the set has been publicly shown and LEGO doesn't need to keep it confidential anymore.

Now, does it come with blind drivers?

Edited by DaddyDeuce

I suppose "themed" trains sell well with kids.

Seems like we get a pretty rotten ratio of serious to themed, though.

Instant regret edit: I understand that Toy Story probably sold 1,000 times more than Emerald Night.

Edited by Pingles

I understand that Toy Story probably sold 1,000 times more than Emerald Night.

Especially when I picked up 2 for train parts when they were on clearance at 70% OFF. :laugh:

I don't know about that face on the front of the boiler though - gives me a Thomas vibe. :wub:

The face looks great to me. I can't wait to get hold of one and modify it. :devil:

My mistake, somehow I missed this thread.

Not a problem DD. I had to search for it to find (I think it was on the 2nd page). I appreciate you posting the image.

I do like that black cowcatcher.

I've seen the train in Nurenberg, no photo's allowed. What I remember about it is that only the locomotive has real train wheels (the big ones, like on the emerald). The wagons have a round technic part with a rubber band as wheels. So it doesn't run on tracks. The wagons have wings that move when you drive the train around :)

It's a kids train, combines nicely with the new castle in the same theme. In my opinion not something that is a must have for train fans. Allthough I'm pretty sure that I'll buy one or two when they go at a discount.

Edited by StephanSz