Has anyone got instructions for a nice lowboy trailer for 8110?

Here is a trailer. Make it 4 studs wider and it´ll fit perfectly.

9398ontrailer.jpg

An ldd-file you`ll find in the 8110 attachments-thread.

Tim

Here is a trailer. Make it 4 studs wider and it´ll fit perfectly.

An ldd-file you`ll find in the 8110 attachments-thread.

Tim

Tim is the crawler already broke down that it's must bee on a trailer???? :laugh:

@ daniele: Was your 9398 being driven in a Pizzeria? That is a unique location for a Lego Technic demonstration! :sweet:

Satiagabra posted this

of a 9398/8466/8043 hybrid -- "My MOC 9398 Rock Crawler with 3 m-motors, 2 for drive and one for steering. 2x PF lights. Parts from 8466, 8043 and different parts from my collection.

Check my MOC gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=512229 " (not yet moderated and "made public").

Just built the B model of 9398 and it's soooo much nicer,looks aggressive bigger and looks awsome with power puller wheels :) yes it's nose heavy but who cares lol

I made a stop motion construction video of the 9398 with a friend 2 days ago. Wanted to share it with you guys ;)

Note that this is my first try to something like this. Enjoy.

Nim

My 10 year old wants to know "how fast" the crawler goes. I told him that it is probably called the "crawler" for a reason. Can anyone comment on the speed? I know it will be fairly slow but how slow? Most of the videos I've seen has it climbing rocks or obstacles, so it's not easy to gauge.

I made a stop motion construction video of the 9398 with a friend 2 days ago. Wanted to share it with you guys ;)

Nim

Finally,a good stop motion video for this set.

[media]

Nim

:thumbup:

You did very well, especially for a 1st time :sweet:

Must 've been quite a lot of work, I imagine..

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by bord4kop

@ Turtle1173: You can see the relative (ground) speeds of the 9398 4x4 Crawler at the beginning of my

:

@ Turtle1173: You can see the relative (ground) speeds of the 9398 4x4 Crawler at the beginning of my

:

How old are the rechargeable batteries you're using? Is there perhaps a bad battery in that badge?

My impression with 8043 was that with new rechargeable batteries, under a high load, it performs

better with rechargeable batteries than with alkaline batteries (despite the lower nominal voltage).

As demonstrated by many AFOLs on this topic, the AA Rechargeable batteries' 7.2V is no match for new AA Alkaline batteries' 9V. That is what I was demonstrating in the video -- a 25% difference in voltage greatly affects ground speed. My AA rechargeable batteries were freshly-charged and new. The Lego Power Functions Rechargeable battery's 7.4V helps a tad because it is lighter than 6 ea. AA batteries.

As demonstrated by many AFOLs on this topic, the AA Rechargeable batteries' 7.2V is no match for new AA Alkaline batteries' 9V. That is what I was demonstrating in the video -- a 25% difference in voltage greatly affects ground speed. My AA rechargeable batteries were freshly-charged and new. The Lego Power Functions Rechargeable battery's 7.4V helps a tad because it is lighter than 6 ea. AA batteries.

Your video shows a clear difference. How long do the AA batteries deliver enough voltage to run faster than the rechargeable ones?

An alkaline battery starts out at about 1.6 volts (with no load) which drops to about 1.5 volt under a modest load.

Its voltage gradually drops from there to about 1.0 volt, at which point it is empty. So while a brandnew battery produces

more than 1.5 volt, the average voltage over its lifetime is well below 1.5 volt.

The rechargeable one drops from about 1.4 volt (fully charged) to 1.2 volt. On average, it produces 1.3 volt (which is more than

the nominal voltage) and it does not drop as much under a load.

In any case, the initial difference in voltage is less than 25%, and only decreases from there on (if both batteries are half-empty,

they'll produce roughly the same voltage, when both are almost empty, the rechargeable one produces more).

So the difference in speed is quite surprising, nevertheless, the video demonstrates it very clearly.

(PS. The 7.4 volt lego rechargeable battery, when fully charged its output is more than 8 volts).

I our TT race difference was huge, not only in speed but also in climbing power.

Sunsky/ sunmint1 posted these two YouTube videos of his Lego Technic "9398 MOD with [Power Functions] XL Motor version 2 -- Gear ratio 35:9 (near to 4:1). Motor axis at the same height as the original 9398 module. Shock absorber connection point is 1 stud higher than the original, and soft (black) shock absorber was used between the body and the module, for better tire grip (but not satisfactory for body pose). Dual [PF] receivers (one receiver for each XL motor) - old ones (not V2). I am satisfied with the XL module 2.0 itself

but NOT with the shock absorber choice. With harder shock absorbers, the connection point should be adjusted."

shows the performance of the modification, and
shows the step-by-step Building Instructions.

Hello. Because I don't like the variety of the colors on the Crawler, I removed all the red parts from the chassis, and replaced it with a black & grey combination.

I also replace all the white parts with black ones, and change tires for power puller tires. I put some orange detail here and there, and here is the result:

crawlermod1.jpg

crawlermod2.jpg

crawlermod3.jpg

crawlermod4.jpg

crawlermod5.jpg

Which color makeover should I do next ?

None! This one is perfect! It is exactly what I had in mind. Nice work :sweet:

Edited by Gekke Ted

I'm into white body shell and has been buying parts to make it perfect. Only problem with white panel #13 & #14 are not commonly found. Would be glad if someone can link me for the following purchase:

Technic, Panel Fairing #13 Large Short Smooth, Side A (White x 3)

Technic, Panel Fairing #14 Large Short Smooth, Side B (White x 3)

Edited by Gene

They haven't made 13's and 14's in white, yet. Check out the pics of the new F1 car for next year, they're on the way.